News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Osama Bin Laden's Primary Focus No Longer F1!

Previous topic - Next topic

Pharoah

Quote from: Summerlander on May 14, 2011, 16:44:56
Well said, SomeRandom! :-D

By the way, I've been in touch with Rudy...

He's only got three words for all of you and it's not "I love you"

:roll:

Is it "I MADE COOKIES!!!!" ?

personalreality

i'm sure it's a temp ban firstly, more like a suspension.

i don't know why, but i can bet that it was because he repeatedly made personal attacks.  xanth told us to stop making personal attacks and he kept arguing and he didn't stop.  so that's my guess.

but who knows.  maybe he posted something really inflammatory and xanth just deleted the post before we saw it.  that has happened with other people in the past.

if you do speak to him summer, let him know that i really am sorry about the bigot comment, it was out of line and unfounded.
be awesome.

Summerlander

Quote from: Pharoah on May 14, 2011, 17:10:33
Is it "I MADE COOKIES!!!!" ?

No, it was "bonk you all"!

Quote from: personalreality on May 14, 2011, 17:19:04
if you do speak to him summer, let him know that i really am sorry about the bigot comment, it was out of line and unfounded.

Do you solemnly swear that you will always support and agree with whatever Summerlander says? :roll:

personalreality

be awesome.

Bedeekin

Bedeekin

Rudy did the same thing on astral viewers... He actually posted a comment along the lines of "I thought your forum was more civil than most I have encountered"...

It seems he's completely unaware that it is he that's provoking.

nicely handled though guys.

personalreality

i didn't handle it nicely.

i provoked him until he exploded.

that wasn't a very nice thing to do.

:wink:
be awesome.

Summerlander

Quote from: Bedeekin on May 14, 2011, 18:00:00
Rudy did the same thing on astral viewers... He actually posted a comment along the lines of "I thought your forum was more civil than most I have encountered"...

It seems he's completely unaware that it is he that's provoking.

nicely handled though guys.

HA!

Here's a message from Rudy:

"Xanth just gave me a warning and deleted two of my posts saying they violated policy but no details were provided.

Of course I violated no policy.

These mush fer brains leftists are terrified little kittens"

Fresco

Quote from: Summerlander on May 14, 2011, 18:04:16
HA!

Here's a message from Rudy:

"Xanth just gave me a warning and deleted two of my posts saying they violated policy but no details were provided.

Of course I violated no policy.

These mush fer brains leftists are terrified little kittens"

Calling Xanth a "mush for brain leftie" will do it, yup  :lol:

Xanth

Quote from: Summerlander on May 14, 2011, 16:44:56
Well said, SomeRandom! :-D

By the way, I've been in touch with Rudy...

He's only got three words for all of you and it's not "I love you"

:roll:
^  That's why he was banned. 

I wasn't about to continue to allow him to abuse the people of this forum with his verbal trash.  I asked him to tone it down three times.  He refused.  As a single moderator (hell even when it was Stookie and myself) I don't have the time to moderate at channel 24/7 to make sure people play nice.  I gave him chances... he blew them all.

I don't ban people.  People ban themselves by their actions.  Don't be a jerk... treat the other forum members with the respect they deserve... and follow the rules clearly posted at the top of the page.  How hard is that to understand?

Also, if anyone really has any problems with any actions I do take... please feel free to PM Adrian. 

I *CAN* make his removal temporary if everyone agrees.  It's up to you guys, you'll be the ones mostly interacting with him.  Let me know.  In the absence of a full moderator team, I don't mind doing things this way. 

Xanth

Quote from: Fresco on May 14, 2011, 18:19:16
Calling Xanth a "mush for brain leftie" will do it, yup  :lol:
I'm more... center right.  ;)

personalreality

Quote from: Xanth on May 14, 2011, 18:26:08
Also, if anyone really has any problems with any actions I do take... please feel free to PM Adrian. 

good luck with that.

i would be happy for rudy to come back.
be awesome.

Bedeekin

Quote from: personalreality on May 14, 2011, 18:39:57
i would be happy for rudy to come back.

I would rather hammer a 9 inch nail through my hip-bone. 

Xanth

Quite simply... when I PM someone to ask them to please respect our forum rules and they get back to me with the equivalent of "Screw you" along with his continuing smart butt comments... well, you do the math.

Pharoah

Quote from: Xanth on May 14, 2011, 18:48:51
... well, you do the math.

Instead of doing the math, can't I just register for an account on a math forum and start a new thread asking them  to do the math FOR me?  Without ever picking up a math book or even googling the word math?

That's how forums work, right?

lol

Xanth

Quote from: Pharoah on May 14, 2011, 18:56:00
Instead of doing the math, can't I just register for an account on a math forum and start a new thread asking them  to do the math FOR me?  Without ever picking up a math book or even googling the word math?

That's how forums work, right?

lol
LOL Touche.  :)

In any case, at the request of a couple individual, I've reduced his ban to a one week temporary ban.

Summerlander

Make it three individuals. Give him another chance. If he fucks up again, ban him for good. I'll tell him the news. I can't say it's good news on his part because he might be too snooty to come back. We'll see. I'll let you guys know what he said.

Xanth

Quote from: Summerlander on May 14, 2011, 20:14:27
Make it three individuals. Give him another chance. If he fucks up again, ban him for good. I'll tell him the news. I can't say it's good news on his part because he might be too snooty to come back. We'll see. I'll let you guys know what he said.
Dude, can you not go three posts without swearing?  You're like a sailor or something...  ROFL
I've already notified him.  You don't have to say a thing.

Fresco

Quote from: Xanth on May 14, 2011, 18:27:54
I'm more... center right.  ;)
Thats funny cause I'm exactly the same - centre-right.

I'm socially very liberal, but fiscally conservative

personalreality

why didn't the pulse filter his profanity?
be awesome.

Pauli2

Quote from: Xanth on May 14, 2011, 19:01:49
In any case, at the request of a couple individual, I've reduced his ban to a one week temporary ban.

Is it possible to ban someone over the period of a year? I mean, the difference between a week and permanent is quite big. In a year people get to think things over. With a perm ban, there is nothing to do right the next time, as there is no next time.
Former PauliEffect (got lost on server crash), http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pauli_effect

Xanth

Quote from: personalreality on May 15, 2011, 10:18:28
why didn't the pulse filter his profanity?
Because there are ways around it.  :)

Which I should probably fix.

Xanth

Quote from: Fresco on May 14, 2011, 21:35:14
Thats funny cause I'm exactly the same - centre-right.

I'm socially very liberal, but fiscally conservative
You're a Green then!!  :D

personalreality

you know, i'm not an anarchist, i do believe in some form of government.

but certainly not "democracy" or pretty much anything that goes on in our world today.

i'm down with plato and the whole philosopher-king idea.

like shaman's from the old religion, the "before-time".  they were basically the leaders of the tribe.  they chose the king and they mediated the energies of the otherworlds for the betterment of the tribe. 

our excuse for politics today is pathetic imo, and anyone who thinks there is any virtue in our modern political system is just plain dumb in my mind.  i don't blame you, it's not your fault, this is how you were raised.  doesn't mean it's the best option though.
be awesome.