News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Physical Reality: Converse with the skeptical?

Previous topic - Next topic

Drakoreo

Hello everyone reading this ^_^

So I wasn't sure where to post this question, and figured here would be ok?
Well, I'm working on a lot of.. Improvements in my life, if that's a good word for it,
I've investigated astral projection, chakras, higher conscious, etc.
My area of progress right now is, seeing everyone as myself, and loving all people
(even the ones who do things I don't agree with)

So... This brings us to the question,
How do you have a relationship with someone who is skeptical about the things you like (astral projection etc) and would rather talk about doom, gloom, and misery (and on occasion likes to preach satan)? Or, about topics that no longer are of interest, fashion, sports, style, celebrities, gossip, just all those things I find distasteful.

I have a lot of relationships like this, and it makes it very difficult on me, to have a relationship with any person who isn't on the same "path" I am really.. especially cause I'm 17 and most my peers are all bout.. You know, the "normal" stuff (all those things I find distasteful.)

Help?

-Peace-

soarin12

Hi Drakoreo,  It's great that you've come to the path you have at such a young age.  Relationships with unlike-minded people are tough, I know.  Here's what I do with the people in my life I know are important to me even though they are not on the same path. (these would be my family and long-time close friends that I feel are in my life for a reason)  You can probably always find some kind of common ground/ common interests to focus on if you try, where both of you can enjoy the relationship.  Outside of those things, here's your chance to practice love and unselfishness. Put aside all desire to get any personal fulfillment out of the relationship at this point. Ask them some questions about what's going on in their lives, and put full attention on listening and empathizing with them for a while.  You are probably wise, and in time they'll recognize this and maybe ask your advice in some areas.  Give it when asked, just resist the urge to try to change them.  Quiet caring speaks louder than words. Your unconditional love and positive energy will rub off and you'll make a difference in their lives.  Hope this is helpful.  :)

LightBeam

If you have love towards all people you should accept them as who they are and understand that everyone follows a specific path that may not be the same as yours. We are all different and in many levels of learning. A wise person will find a way to fit with everyone and not feel isolated. You don't have to withdraw from all earthly things in order to grow spiritually. There is nothing wrong to enjoy good movies, watch sports, read news, etc. I don't have anyone around me who has the same state of mind and beliefs as mine, but that does not depress me or disappoint me. I understand them and I can very well communicate and enjoy their company. I enjoy the good side of life, have hobbies, etc. I serve as an example to others without preaching and realize that deep down they get it. Just no one speaks openly about their spiritual beliefs and I respect that. I don't want to freak anyone either by telling them that I can travel without my physical body. Everyone will understand when the time is right. It can not be forced. But those of us who can see the bigger picture about life should not isolate ourselves just because others are not like minded. I am happy that I can communicate with everyone here, but I am also fulfilled with my relationships in my life.
If you are referring to an intimate relationship, then you have to be very flexible with your partner and understand them. You can test the waters and see what their beliefs are. Then it is up to you to decide if they are at lest somewhat close, or too far and decide if you want to be in such a relationship. It is hard to find like minded partners that are 100% your match. But again, you are so young, you have the whole time in the world for try outs. Don't stress too much :)
"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem."
Captain Jack Sparrow

Rachael Hicks

" But if you do not find an intelligent companion, a wise and well-behaved person going the same way as yourself, then go your way alone, like a king abandoning a conquered kingdom, or like a great elephant in the deep forest. "    The Buddha      I thought this quote was perfect for your question. Hope it helped.  :-D :-D
"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream".            Edgar Allan Poe

majour ka

Face it, accept it, make peace with it.

And finally live in the now.