News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Is meditation bad for creativity?

Previous topic - Next topic

Kree

Due to being very unfocused and bad at meditation I have lots of random ideas and thoughts which is often beneficial for me. Being good at meditation would likely result in having a quieter mind with fewer thoughts. Some people say it's good some say it's bad for creativity.
Anyone notice any difference since improving at meditation?

Lumaza

Quote from: Kree on September 11, 2018, 02:39:13
Due to being very unfocused and bad at meditation I have lots of random ideas and thoughts which is often beneficial for me. Being good at meditation would likely result in having a quieter mind with fewer thoughts. Some people say it's good some say it's bad for creativity.
Anyone notice any difference since improving at meditation?
My answer is a definitive "NO". People that would even entertain the idea that meditation is bad for creativity, obviously have no clue what meditation really is!  :roll: :-o :?

"Bad for creativity". Tell that to Nicholai Tesla, Einstein and many of the other greats throughout time, lol!  :-D
"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."  Nicolai Tesla

Lumaza

Quote from: Kree on September 11, 2018, 02:39:13
Due to being very unfocused and bad at meditation I have lots of random ideas and thoughts which is often beneficial for me. Being good at meditation would likely result in having a quieter mind with fewer thoughts.
I have found that you don't need a "quiet mind" at all to project. My techniques rely on utilizing that monkey mind to your advantage. So much so that I want you to lose yourself in thought!
"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."  Nicolai Tesla

Kree

Quote from: Lumaza on September 11, 2018, 02:50:23
I have found that you don't need a "quiet mind" at all to project. My techniques rely on utilizing that monkey mind to your advantage. So much so that I want you to lose yourself in thought!

That sure sounds too easy to work, I mean I'm always lost in thought, while meditating I forget I'm meditating and end up thinking about random stuff, I don't see how these thoughts could end in a projection. For example I may be thinking about posting a reply to you, how could I get so deep into my reply formulation that I project?!

Lumaza

Quote from: Kree on September 11, 2018, 03:00:52
That sure sounds too easy to work, I mean I'm always lost in thought, while meditating I forget I'm meditating and end up thinking about random stuff, I don't see how these thoughts could end in a projection. For example I may be thinking about posting a reply to you, how could I get so deep into my reply formulation that I project?!
The way to do it is to lose yourself in thought, so deeply, that when you lose that focus, you find you are already "there". You see that the darkness before your eyes has somewhat expanded and changed in ways. Now set your new intent and reap the rewards of your effort!  :-)

Many sports athletes speak of having OBEs while deeply in focus during their sports conditioning. They call it "reaching the zone"!  8-)

Sounds easy doesn't it? That's the problem with all these techniques, they all "sound" easy to do. The problem is, you are going against all the mental programming of being physical here that you have received your entire life. It's hard to just turn that off. Hard, but not impossible. With work you can and will achieve your goals. Just know that!  :-)

Nameless

Have you ever been doing some mundane chore and totally got lost in thought? If you have ever done this to the point that you suddenly seem to 'wake up' and wonder, "now where the hell was I just now" then you were projecting, you now need to realize that and maintain awareness here and there. Sounds easy right? But it does get easier.
Remember, You came here to this physical earth to experience it in its physical form. NPR will always be there.