News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

What does everybody do for a living?

Previous topic - Next topic

phaseshiftR1111

I was just curious, I have been on the pulse for a while now and don't know what everybody does!

I am a storm spotter/chaser and help call in weather phenomena to the national weather service so they can get alarms going on the ground quicker. It's pretty intense but it is so much fun. I like learning about the universe. It helps me out spiritually too, I love what weather does to my energy. In my spare time I just work on my spirituality. So it kind of goes hand in hand. This is a quick video of me monitoring a squall line. We get some nasty weather here sometimes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeRlOqXgjKw

I have almost been hit by lightning so I stay in my car at all times and just operate from a radio. I'm learning more about weather in general everyday. I am traveling to Kansas and Oklahoma next year as well.

Here's an amazing lightning shot I got. http://postimg.org/image/gjm0w033l/
What do you all do?

Astralzombie

I am a construction surveyor by trade but I only do that for about two out of three years. I make great money, save it and then do little renovation jobs on the side. I then spend it all on the third year living life and having a blast. I'm still single with no kids so I can do that kind of stuff.

Right now, I am preparing to begin my next two year work cycle but this will probably be the last time that I take a year off. I have to start planning for the future, whatever that may be. I have done so many side jobs during this supposed "no work year" that going back to surveying isn't as urgent as it had been in the past at times but there's a job coming up that is almost to good to pass up.

All in all, it is pretty boring, especially in comparison to a storm chaser but I do love my work. :-)
It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
Mark Twain

phaseshiftR1111

That's what it's all about. =D I make so little money off storm spotting sometimes none... but it's what I love to do.
That's really cool zombie

desert-rat

CFTraveler

I'm an old woman so I've had many careers.
For approx. 20 years I worked in electronics- first as a technician, then as a supervisor, later designed circuits, and even later, I wrote manuals (that's why I give so many instructions, lol) and then translated them to hispanic clients.  I also helped repair facilities over the phone since I started out as a diagnostician.
Then I was a bookstore manager and an office manager (and Minister's assistant) in a church.  Did that for about 5 or 6 years, until the Minister left.  Then I moonlighted as a bookstore buyer and other things.
Now I have three part time jobs:  Office work for a very small electronics firm, including computer 'data entry' work, Office work for a family company that I 'inherited', and I also translate books, one of them you know very well. :)
Why?

LightBeam

I oversee the conduct of clinical trials. Doctors are scared of me LOL, I have no patience for those who neglect patients safety.
"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem."
Captain Jack Sparrow

Astralzombie

Quote from: LightBeam on November 16, 2013, 15:26:11
I oversee the conduct of clinical trials. Doctors are scared of me LOL, I have no patience for those who neglect patients safety.

You have no idea how comforting it is to know that someone like you is helping to keep them pharma guys legit, as much as possible anyhow.

This really makes my day. :-) :-) :-
It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
Mark Twain

Justintime

I teach 6th grade World History and not because I like the subject, it's okay, but at this point it one of the only subjects that doesn't have a standardized based assessment so I still have freedom in how I teach it. And it's not as stressful because I'm not worried about test results, so I can focus on my interactions with the kids more.

I feel for reading and math teachers  :|

mon9999

Astralzombie

Quote from: Justintime on November 17, 2013, 20:13:43
I teach 6th grade World History and not because I like the subject, it's okay, but at this point it one of the only subjects that doesn't have a standardized based assessment so I still have freedom in how I teach it. And it's not as stressful because I'm not worried about test results, so I can focus on my interactions with the kids more.

I feel for reading and math teachers  :|

History fascinates me to no end but I'm sure you can only touch on the good stuff with the kids. Just set the spark and they'll fan their own flames.
Mark Twain

Sixx

I'm a musician and do odd jobs here and there to pay the bills

APtoVegas

I'm a technical writer, a purveyor of fine procedures that nobody reads.
"Am I just in heaven or Las Vegas?"

Stillwater

Architecture... but then I don't get to design so much these days, haha... very hard to get by in such a depressed industry.
"The Gardener is but a dream of the Garden."

-Unattributed Zen monastic

Volgerle

Stillwater

Super Sonic

I'm an officer at a ministry. I basically prepare country files for the minister before he goes abroad.

Bedeekin

I'm a professional Ninja... of the togakure-Ryu school of Ninpo.

When I'm not doing secret ninja missions - which to be honest doesn't really pay the bills these days since the shogunate was dismantled back in the day - I make strange and interesting things for films and stuff.

Quote from: desert-rat on November 16, 2013, 09:27:03
I am a repairman. 

No... you are THE Repairman.

CFTraveler

Quote from: APtoVegas on November 19, 2013, 21:47:18
I'm a technical writer, a purveyor of fine procedures that nobody reads.
Been there, done that.   :lol:
Why?

desert-rat

I am not sure what , " no you are the repairman " means , but I repair A/Cs , heaters , and do electrical work , I fix old radios , computers , ect. for my self . 

Stillwater

I'll hazard that *The* repairman is that repairman so far above all others that the others aren't even counted anymore (and thus being the only repairman reckoned, he ceases to merely be only "a" repairman), and that must be you, of course.

desert-rat

Taking this a bit father .  Many years ago I was fixing the a/c for a doctor. It was cycling on a pressure control . He said that part is the problem . I told him that was a symptom not the real problem . He said you are the doc. I said no you are the doc. I an a/c/ guy . 

Mr.Flip

Im a proffesional couch potatoe but with the recent fall in the economy ive had to change my proffession

im barely 20 and ive worked at a couple restaurants and for my father in his trucking company as a spotter driver.
just recently i worked at a haunted house for october (AWESOME) it was very challenging surprisingly and i got to learn how to cordinate massive chaos through a building. basically we were a meat processing factory having +1000s of people each night.

my real goal is to maintain my own business that i own, a website that does photography for music festivals.
we get on the ground level and take photos of indivuals who attend these events who then can go to our website to get their photo for FREE, this is proven to be the most effective method to get people to go to our site and view our content who are actually interested in these kind of things.
we have sponsors who have given us coupon codes and commision from those sales in exchange we give them word to mouth advertisment on the ground level to people who actually want to see their content.

we are a baby company just started in june of this year 2013.
my cousin and my friend want to make more money from the site but i personally just love to see the look on peoples face at these events when i take a photo of them and they ask how can i get my photo?? i hand them a card and reply " just go to redroll.com" and their face lights up with joy it makes me so happy.
(!)Spark it up