News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Neurotronics Development/s

Previous topic - Next topic

Sixx

I was  on the Neurotronics website the other day,  I sent them an email asking whether they had anything
similar to the Lucia#3 in development at an affordable price.
Their reply was,,,

We have many ideas for the future and one of
it is a bit similar to the Lucia No.3. But for now we will realise other
projects first. So we will bring a new biofeedback game, LaxBall, to
market within the next weeks www.laxball.de

sounds exciting. Steer the laxball with your mind.

Szaxx

I went to the page and found try it now. The first line read The latest innovation from the house of ....
It works on galvanic skin response so it can't be that fast acting. It's a good idea though. Id prefer a headband or helmet type of transponder to have been the feedback unit. This is possible but probably costs the earth.
Nice find though.
There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.

Lionheart

Biofeedback systems are great for learning how to control your brainwave frequencies.

From learning to control those frequencies you will find that not only is meditative states easier to attain (well, meditation state of being, not a thing), but you will also become a calmer, less stressed, person as well. It's also a great way to control pain.

Your focus will be sharper and with this, your awareness as well.

Biofeedback games aren't new though. Just recently I remember reading an article about a couple of guys that created a Helicopter that is mentally controlled.

Thanks for sharing this Sixx!  :-)

For those that don't know what a Biofeedback System works, you can check out this helpful link here, it explains everything.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biofeedback

Tahira

Hello,

The approach to use GSR as a means for biofeedback is everything but new; even R. Monroe himself used it. Its also not the first time (as claimed) that this is used as a means for controlling computer games. "Journey to wild divine" and  "Mental Games" are two other programs that use it and are quite some time on the market now.

Quote from: Lionheart on July 23, 2013, 17:36:14
Biofeedback systems are great for learning how to control your brainwave frequencies.
Indeed, but GSR measurements have nothing to do with brainwave frequencies. With them only the level of relaxation can be measured. If you really want to measure your brainwave frequencies then you need an EEG. They start at ~100€ (Neurosky Mindwave), but I'm not shure how reliable and usefull their measurements actually are. The cheap ones I have seen so far are at best some fun toys.

With all the above mentioned things you need to sit in front of a computer and this probably is the least optimal situation. If you really want something for improving meditation practice then I'd suggest a "Proteus Mindmachine" & "Thoughtstream" GSR-Interface. The Proteus is a nice audiovisual synthesizer capable of generating binaural beats (aka "Hemisync") and the Thoughtstream can be used to control various parameters (i.e. sound frequency, blinking frequency, light intensity). The factory settings of the Proteus hardly provide the result one expects, so in most cases its necessary to create ones own programs. For this however, one needs the knowledge of how hemisync actually works (i.e. which frequencies lead to which result), but I am not shure if this knowledge is public available (after all, its the commercial base of the TMI) or if there is any solid correlation between the beat frequency and any state of consciousness at all.

All I can say so far is that you can design sessions that help you with falling into (at least) light and average trance quite fast. I also succeeded to get into the borderland state (hypnagogic imagery) with one of the longer factory settings (#11). You don't need the GSR-Interface for this; the Proteus alone is sufficient. You also can use any audio background (e.g. ocean surf sounds) from an external audio player with the Proteus if you like.