News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Friend of the Dead

Previous topic - Next topic

Whirlwind

In need of a special sort of guidance lately, while awake I called out to all positive entities in the Cosmos, requesting a visit from a "guide" or anyone who could help, and the next morning, while still in bed "asleep", I felt/"saw" a light from "above" shining just behind me as I lay on my side in bed facing the opposite direction. As I realized that the light was actually a person/entity, the entity (which felt like a very gentle, loving male) said (in a non-audible voice) "I'm always happy to find a Friend of the Dead", and I immediately "woke up" and turned over and around to see it/him (the light entity), and the light was gone/not there in the physical.

I Googled "Friend of the Dead", and all I could find was mention of the Egyptian goddess Nebthwt and the Egyptian god Anubis, both known for their retrieval work; I suppose I should have known that this was what he meant—I'm not sure why the first thing that came to mind was a medium (as in someone who regularly sees and/or communicates with ghosts, which I am not), especially seeing as though I generally have an inexplicable sense of taking part in retrievals even though I can't remember them.

Subtle Traveler

The dream may be implying that you were 'a friend of the dead' in the past ... a past life. All of our past lives are a part of us ... a part of our inner being. We all have guidance. We cannot be here physically without it. We are extended from it. Our non-physical guidance is the much broader part of our inner being.

You did the right thing by simply asking, and waiting for a response. Contact with guidance is that simple. If you do not have a journal, start journaling these experiences. The conversation with guidance is not a 'one time thing'. They will want to go deeper with you. You do not have to have OBE's to contact your guidance. I personally find that they work very closely with my dreams. Dreams are non-physical messages (from guidance or our inner being ... whatever someone wants to call that for themselves). This is all a natural part of being extended here.
As above ... So Below ...

Individuality is a human perspective ...

Whirlwind

Quote from: Subtle Traveler on May 08, 2017, 09:26:48
The dream may be implying that you were 'a friend of the dead' in the past ... a past life. All of our past lives are a part of us ... a part of our inner being. We all have guidance. We cannot be here physically without it. We are extended from it. Our non-physical guidance is the much broader part of our inner being.

You did the right thing by simply asking, and waiting for a response. Contact with guidance is that simple. If you do not have a journal, start journaling these experiences. The conversation with guidance is not a 'one time thing'. They will want to go deeper with you. You do not have to have OBE's to contact your guidance. I personally find that they work very closely with my dreams. Dreams are non-physical messages (from guidance or our inner being ... whatever someone wants to call that for themselves). This is all a natural part of being extended here.

Thanks for your response. I'm glad you brought that up—I have indeed received messages upon waking the two mornings since the initial encounter (that I'm inclined to attribute to this mysterious visitor) and they are answers to the questions I called upon the Universe for answers to.

I actually have had a lucid, realtime OBE, and various other experiences that were almost and in between, some documented here, and others not. A more experienced APer told me that I do this regularly and just don't remember it. So I'm inclined to think that it makes sense that he was referring to the present incarnation rather than a presently discarnate element of myself. Most importantly, I appear to have opened the line of communication that I intended to.

Subtle Traveler

I would word that a bit differently. It's important enough to emphasize and clear up here.

When we go to sleep each night, we return to the non-physical (every time). It naturally happen without effort or our intention. We are not required to be conscious in this experience, as our body sleeps.

In contrast, OBE's and "lucid" dreams are much more intentional and require a specific level of consciousness (awareness).
As above ... So Below ...

Individuality is a human perspective ...

Whirlwind

Quote from: Subtle Traveler on May 08, 2017, 17:36:10
I would word that a bit differently. It's important enough to emphasize and clear up here.

When we go to sleep each night, we return to the non-physical (every time). It naturally happen without effort or our intention. We are not required to be conscious in this experience, as our body sleeps.

In contrast, OBE's and "lucid" dreams are much more intentional and require a specific level of consciousness (awareness).

All very true...