Had an unintentional OBE - Research lead me here

Previous topic - Next topic

pkmoney

So to start off I am a christian. I get lucid dreams and sleep paralysis quite frequently, nothing special. But 2 days ago I felt these vibration-like sensations slowly intensify and all of a sudden I saw my body just laying there. I freaked out and assumed it was some demonic thing and I went back into my body head first. After doing research I have concluded this isn't some demonic ritual rather a way of exploring more of what this life has to offer and increase my spiritually. How long do you guys think it'll take me to achieve this again? I'm so mad I didn't let this happen, but I read somewhere I might be a "natural" if this happened without me trying. Thanks for reading!

Xanth

You've got a taste of it.  :)  That's a good start.

This is something that's natural and part of simply being what you really are: consciousness.

Here's what I suggest...
The next time you find yourself in sleep paralysis, remain calm.  Then, play around with the state.  Try to see if you can do anything... all the while remaining calm and centered.  Just experiment with it.  :)
I have no doubt you'll find many fascinating things to do.

As for your lucid dreams...
Through my own experiences, I've found that most of the labels people like to use when describing these experiences we have are horribly inaccurate.
As such, I recognize "lucid dreams" as "non-physical experiences".  OBEs also fall under this "umbrella term".  If you regularly have what you're calling "lucid dreams", then you're already much better at projecting than you even realize.  :)

pkmoney

Quote from: Xanth on February 02, 2015, 20:02:39
You've got a taste of it.  :)  That's a good start.

This is something that's natural and part of simply being what you really are: consciousness.

Here's what I suggest...
The next time you find yourself in sleep paralysis, remain calm.  Then, play around with the state.  Try to see if you can do anything... all the while remaining calm and centered.  Just experiment with it.  :)
I have no doubt you'll find many fascinating things to do.

As for your lucid dreams...
Through my own experiences, I've found that most of the labels people like to use when describing these experiences we have are horribly inaccurate.
As such, I recognize "lucid dreams" as "non-physical experiences".  OBEs also fall under this "umbrella term".  If you regularly have what you're calling "lucid dreams", then you're already much better at projecting than you even realize.  :)
Awesome! I get sleep paralysis like once a week. How hard would it be to turn it in to an astral projection? I'm so excited about this  :-D

Xanth

Quote from: pkmoney on February 03, 2015, 02:56:39
Awesome! I get sleep paralysis like once a week. How hard would it be to turn it in to an astral projection? I'm so excited about this  :-D
Well, technically... you're ALREADY projecting when you're in sleep paralysis.  Just relax, stay calm... get up and go. 
What seems to be happening when you're in sleep paralysis is that you're in a non-physical representation of your supposed surroundings.  You're projecting.  Just go and do stuff.  :)