Different Pre-Projection Sensations

Previous topic - Next topic

Aaron330

I haven't been able to practice projecting at all in the last 3 weeks (which has been very depressing to say the least) as I have gone through a big move and got a new puppy, which demands constant attention right now and for the foreseeable future. I have been doing energy work each night before I sleep to sort of try and maintain any progress I've made. I have been noticing something that's been happening quite consistently for a while now.

I've read Journeys out of the body, far journeys, and adventures beyond the body, and they all have the same pre-projection descriptions. It always goes something like this: "Went to bed for the night, started my counting sequence and the vibrations came on strong immediately..." and it has sort of gotten me curious as to whether or not I'm doing something wrong, or if it is just different for everyone? Because when I project, I hardly ever feel vibrations, maybe 1/10 times. But what I always feel, without exception, is a very powerful liquid heat feeling go through my body. It's as if my body becomes filled with radiating heat (and it feels very good actually). This happens just minutes into my projection attempt and remains throughout, sometimes getting extremely strong.

So I am wondering, could this liquid heat sensation be my personal version of the "vibrations" that so many people get?
It's hard to say that I'd rather stay awake when I'm asleep; because my dreams are bursting at the seams.

EscapeVelocity

I think the 'liquid heat' is likely a result of your energy work, and no doubt, a good thing! That said, it could be your personal variation of the vibrations; in the middle of the night, I have awoken to vibrations so fast and smooth and subtle, it felt like a comforting warmth.

Again, remember, vibrations are great if you get them, but they are not necessary to AP, so it's no biggie if you don't...

The 'liquid heat' is a great sign that you are becoming aware of your energy body.

If your routine practice is currently interrupted, have you considered just doing some affirmations during the day or at bedtime? Just takes a minute or two and you might get surprising results.
Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
                                                          -O. Wilde

Aaron330

Quote from: EscapeVelocity on May 27, 2014, 02:09:59
I think the 'liquid heat' is likely a result of your energy work, and no doubt, a good thing! That said, it could be your personal variation of the vibrations; in the middle of the night, I have awoken to vibrations so fast and smooth and subtle, it felt like a comforting warmth.

Again, remember, vibrations are great if you get them, but they are not necessary to AP, so it's no biggie if you don't...

The 'liquid heat' is a great sign that you are becoming aware of your energy body.

If your routine practice is currently interrupted, have you considered just doing some affirmations during the day or at bedtime? Just takes a minute or two and you might get surprising results.

I am willing to try absolutely anything right now, my problem is just that I'm such a rookie still I don't really know what to do or where to go from here. I've heard its darn near impossible to project during bed time so I've pretty much ruled that out. I should be experimenting with lucid dreaming some more probably, as that's very possible during the night. What kind of affirmations should I use and how do they work?
It's hard to say that I'd rather stay awake when I'm asleep; because my dreams are bursting at the seams.

EscapeVelocity

Affirmations are a form of auto-suggestion. Re-programming your inner computer. Keep them simple, short, positive and present-tense.

Practice no more than three at a time. Repeat each three times before bed. Try writing them down sometimes.

This is a method to communicate with your subconscious and higher self; To ask permission, to give instructions, to express your desires.

"I give myself permission to have an out of body experience."

"Out of body experiences are natural and safe. I am totally protected."

"I project every night and am fully aware during my projection."

"I remember my out of body experiences."

Try these and then come up with your own. Try a set of three for a week or two. They can be very effective for many people. Write them down on a piece of paper and place it under your pillow. Then sleep on it. (literally!) :-D

Don't use negative words like--- don't, won't, can't, scared, afraid, fear...
Keep the phrasing in the positive.
Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
                                                          -O. Wilde

Aaron330

Quote from: EscapeVelocity on May 27, 2014, 03:08:57
Affirmations are a form of auto-suggestion. Re-programming your inner computer. Keep them simple, short, positive and present-tense.

Practice no more than three at a time. Repeat each three times before bed. Try writing them down sometimes.

This is a method to communicate with your subconscious and higher self; To ask permission, to give instructions, to express your desires.

"I give myself permission to have an out of body experience."

"Out of body experiences are natural and safe. I am totally protected."

"I project every night and am fully aware during my projection."

"I remember my out of body experiences."

Try these and then come up with your own. Try a set of three for a week or two. They can be very effective for many people. Write them down on a piece of paper and place it under your pillow. Then sleep on it. (literally!) :-D

Don't use negative words like--- don't, won't, can't, scared, afraid, fear...
Keep the phrasing in the positive.

Great stuff! I actually had been doing that for a while for lucid dreaming and it worked within a few days. I haven't done it since though because of the business. I'll definitely be doing this tonight. Thanks EV!