Really Lucid Dream or Actual Astral Projection?

Previous topic - Next topic

Lizzie

Okay, so I'm brand new here! Only recently heard about A/P to be honest, or at least looked into it. The background is that I've suffered from Sleep Paralysis for the last... three years perhaps? I sometimes have it every other night - about 4 times a week I'd say - then at other times it differs and I don't have it for months! Now my experiences with S/P have always been horrific with the hallucinations and what not, and I was glad that I hadn't experienced any for a while. But then I read up on some stuff, and it seems to me that this 'Vibrational Phase' that everyone talks about - is S/P? I don't know, like I said I'm totally new so I may need some guiding!

Anyway, since reading up on A/P I experienced S/P for the first time in a while a few days ago. And then, I had it again this morning but it took a very different turn.

I had had about 3 hours sleep last night due to stomach cramps, so I went back to sleep at about 8am. Now in the past with S/P, I've had it so much that I can sense it coming on in a dream (thus turning the dream lucid), so I know how to snap out of it pretty quick. However NOW, I can almost induce S/P by tuning into a certain frequency in my head when I'm dreaming? It sounds so weird, I know! But my dream turned lucid this morning, and straight away I was thrown into S/P and was completely aware as usual. But this time I didn't get the usual feeling of impending doom and fear of what I might 'see' this time, it was just like 'huh, the roaring in my ears is REALLY loud this time...', and then I remembered to try out A/P, but for some reason I didn't think to try any techniques. I simply lifted my arms up and used them to hoist myself up into a sitting position in bed.. it was kind of like trying to sit up in sinking sand? Suddenly I heard this CRACK and the roaring noise stopped, and my hearing was crystal clear. I then looked over my shoulder and saw myself asleep in bed, which must have shocked me because I then snapped out of it and opened my eyes and was lying in bed... the conversations I had heard from downstairs were still on the same topic, and it was about 10:30 in the morning.

What does everyone reckon? I've done this before - where I move my arms or other parts of my body without actually MOVING, but I never thought much of it before. Plus, I've never actually consciously tried to move or get out of bed - and definitely never seen myself!

NoY

sounds like your in a very good position to have obe's keep it up
and welcome to the Pulse  8-)

:NoY:

blis

Hello.

Sounds like a projection to me. Seems unlikely you would dream the noises.

Greytraveller

Hallo Lizzie
What you experienced was most probably a partial projection. The upper half of your astral/ethereal body separated from your physical body. The lower halves were still in alignment. Next time that it happens you can roll out of body to induce a full separation. If you manage a full OBE then don't be surprised to see your physical body lying asleep in bed as that is normal. Also be aware that the physical body can exert a very strong pull on the astral body so try to get at least 10 to 15 feet away otherwise you might experience distorted senses and confusion.

Good luck  8-)
Grey

NickisDank

Question for everyone. Do you always see your sleeping body when you project right after or what?

blis

Quote from: NickisDank on March 15, 2011, 18:42:00
Question for everyone. Do you always see your sleeping body when you project right after or what?

When I have unmistakable RTZ projections I dont have sight till I at least get out of the room. If I try and go back towards where my body is I wake up.

I've had some spontaneous projections where I've been able to see in my room but theres been nothing in my bed. Makes me doubt if they were really RTZ projections.

I've never seen my body.