News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Fred Alan Wolf

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick

For those interested in reading a good book on time travel, the nature of reality and the existence and role of consciousness, I'd recommend a book I've just finished reading. It is written by author Fred Alan Wolf, and is entitled Parallel Universes - The Search for Other Worlds.

In the book quantum physicist Fred Alan Wolf explores the concept of parallel universes. He is able to explain and illuminate complex theories in easy to understand words. He also covers his thoughts regarding theories in which black holes are gateways of information between universes.

He writes: "our minds are thus tuned or are tunable to multiple dimensions, multiple realities. The freely associating mind is able to pass across time barriers, sensing the future and reappraising the past. Our minds are time machines, able to sense the flow of possibility waves from both the past and the future. In my view there cannot be anything like existence without this higher form of quantum reality."

The book was a satisfying read, and I would commend it to anyone with an interest in Quantum theory.

Regards,
Nick
"What lies before us, and what lies behind us, are tiny matters compared to what lies within us...." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Telos

Thanks, Nick!

On that note, another great Frad Alan Wolf book is The Dreaming Universe - A Mind-Expanding Journey Into the Realm Where Psyche and Physics Meet[/i].

His basic thesis is that dreaming is the driving force of evolution - that fish dream of being reptiles, and reptiles dream of being birds, etc. And even that atoms dream of being molecules.

There's an intriguing section where he ruminates about UFOs and how alien encounters are really "big dreams," or visions/hallucinations that satisfy a shared archetype. He presents that they are manifestations of society's anxiety over technology and about how we are neglecting our health and each other. Alien encounters usually involve frightening medical exams, he says, and the aliens themselves appear frail and sickly, reminiscent of starving children that we neglect in 3rd world countries.

That really got to me!

Nick

Outstanding recommendation Telos, thank you! I've clicked on the link for the book you described and of course it took me directly to the Amazon site. My reading appetite having been stimulated by Parallel Universes, I went ahead and ordered The Dreaming Universe. It should arrive next week.

Can't wait to read this next Wolf book. The rest of the title: A Mind-Expanding Journey Into the Realm Where Psyche and Physics Meet says it all. Thanks again.

All the best,
Nick
"What lies before us, and what lies behind us, are tiny matters compared to what lies within us...." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Logic

The Dreaming Universe is one of the most amazing books I have ever read, I HIGHLY reccomend it to anyone who can read.
We are not truly lost, until we lose ourselves.