News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Advice...

Previous topic - Next topic

andy

Hi Zugzug,

First off im curious to know something.

#1 how long have you been keeping your dream journal?
#2 how often and when are you making your mental notes to become lucid in a dream?
#3 Are you noticing missed cues,calm detailed observations and obvious self interpertations?
#4 has your dream activity increased scince your recalling and recording?

p.s. Is omni back in print?

Peace,Andy

zugzug

Answers:

1.  I've been keeping my dream journal for several months now.

2.  I make my mental notes "to be aware that I'm dreaming" right after I wake up, and right before I go to bed, as well as several times during the day.

3.  If by missed cues, you mean, noticing whether I'm suddenly standing in a barn or a house, when I had no way to get there, so it must be a dream... then the answer is no.  If I could do that, I'd become aware in my dream.  I think about that during the day sometimes, but so far, it hasn't helped me become lucid in my dreams.

4.  I'm not sure if my dream activity has increased, or if I'm simply able to recall more dreams.  Like I said, I recall 2 to 3 dreams a night, minimum.  I recalled two this morning when I woke up, and two yesterday, with a vague impression of a third.  I also banged my head on the wall when I realized I'd had a dream and failed yet again to recognize it.

Thanks for responding.  And I don't know if OMNI is still in print.  The article I read was several years ago.

MJ-12

zugzug

I've been doing energy work for a couple of weeks now, steadily.  Before that, off and on... I got a copy of Robert's Astral Dynamics and read through it a few times.  I've even had a few out of body experiences, years back.

Since I started doing energy work I feel more energetic (no pun intended) and I've had a few prophetic dreams.  My dreams have always been very clear, in full color with sound and all, and when I remember them it's with great clarity.  The only thing I have left to do is become aware that I'm dreaming.  I think that's my next step, if you get what I mean.

Am I missing something?  Any further advice would be greatly appreciated.

andy

Hi Zugzug,

In regards to #3 your example would be a cue,but you might not become fully lucid.Instead you would sit there semi-aware only to drift back into a dream or wake yourself.If this has not happened yet are you ever aware of anything that reoccoures in your dreams that catchs your attention? Regardless to yes or no I would suggest you look for simularitys and make them cues.
A personal example.Many years ago I lived in california.Whenever I would see snow in a dream it would bring on a certain awarness as I knew there was no snow around where I lived.Now upon trying to induce o.b.e or lucid dreaming I noted in my books that snow was triggering a response in me so I focused on snow as a personal cue noting that when I saw it I would think to look at my hands.Soon after everytime I saw snow i'd become more aware than before and begin an o.b affirmation or think to myself now I look at my hands when suddenly SHAZAM!

I dont know if any of that helps.But the simple fact that you are getting more recall is a sign of progress.Everything else your doing sounds right to me and adding energy work to your schedual is a bonus.Im sure its just around the corrner.

Best of luck,Andy

zugzug

Thanks again for responding.

I haven't noticed any patterns in my dreams yet, but the more I record the more I see similarities.  Lots of times friends show up, and it seems it should be obvious to me that they're nowhere near where I am, and shouldn't be there.  Hasn't helped me become lucid yet.

It's weird how, the older I get, the harder it is for me to do stuff like that.  All sorts of things happened when I was a kid, and I wasn't even doing anything.  Why do you think that is?

andy

Hi Zugzug,

Why do we become more like our geeky parents who have scince become wise to us.And why do some of us mentaly apoligize for having put are parents through so much trouble as we get older and have our own kids?

The answer for me is simple.Before plesure comes responsability and even as a kid I dont recall responsibility being a whole lot of fun.As a kid *most* of us have about say  10% responsability while adults have about say 95%.Its easy to get pulled out with the tide and lost in a sea of stress which inhibits our abilty to stay intouch with ourselfs and further causes us to find excusese that lead to personal deteriation.I suppose realizing this is the differnce between becoming a grumpy old man vs a wise old man.

Anyways,I realize this is'nt the case for all and it is simply my own personal take.

Peace,Andy  :)

zugzug

I've read through the FAQ and the messages here.  I had a lucid dream once... the only one I've ever had.  I had read an article in OMNI about them, and thought, that would be really cool.  So I went to sleep telling myself, that if I had a dream, I'd know I was dreaming.  Well, that worked really well.  I took control of the nightmare I was having, flew around like superman, had a blast.  Since then I've never had another really scary dream.  Nice bonus.

Doing the same thing now, telling myself to recognize that I'm dreaming, seems to have no effect.  I've been working with dream recall... I keep a dream journal.  And I can remember 2 or 3 dreams a night now, minimum.  But lucidly dreaming seems out of my reach.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?  Any advice to get me headed in the right direction?