News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Clue(less)

Previous topic - Next topic

EscapeVelocity

So I haven't had much in the way of experiences worth reporting this year, so far; my dream recall has been almost nil for the last two months; various reasons for that, allergies and illness for one. This semi-lucid dream happened this morning and was one where I woke up and then re-entered the dream twice, the first time unexpectedly, the second more consciously and directly. It may fit into a more mundane category and not worth even mentioning, except possibly for two reasons: I wonder if I will return to it tonight for unfinished business, and I distinctly identified a PR (Physical Reality) component to it during one of my re-entries...so I thought to share it.

I will probably edit this post one or more times as new details surface.

Did you ever play that board game "Clue"? The game where every player is a guest in a mansion where a murder has occurred? It's what we call a "who done it"? Randomized clues are introduced and you have to put the "murder plot" together and guess the identity of the murderer in order to win. Here in the USA, during my childhood, it was a pretty commonplace game (although I never owned it myself and only played it once, in my twenties I think). There was a movie by the same name in the Seventies, I think, followed by another similar movie- Murder On The Orient Express. Fun stuff and challenging in that it makes you think deductively and inductively.

Well, after this morning's dream, it occurs to me that this is a perfect scenario for a "Simulation" and a teaching experience as Kurt Leland might describe one. And maybe it is an apt metaphor scenario peculiar to me, as I can remember having this type of dream at least six or more times over my life. I simply didn't recognize it for what it was all those times before; now I do.

Maybe some other members will recognize the pattern in their own experiences and this post will prove at least slightly worthwhile.

So, like my Talking to the Hand experience, I think this was structured to challenge me to raise my NP awareness through a series of challenges, maybe not as complex or intense as that one was, but still the same goal. The question occurs to me- Who set this up? Me or someone else? My subconscious alone, my supposed higher self (whatever that may be)? Or me in cooperation with someone else?

It was probably 6am and the last REM period and likely the last dream that this started: I don't remember the beginning (which I have found is sort of normal). My first hint of awareness was being in a large fairly-well appointed living room with 10-12 other people. There was no immediate instruction as to what was going on or what we were supposed to do...people just went in various directions, checking rooms, disappearing through doors, some returning, others not. I had no idea and just studied the mixture of people and the confusing array of furniture and interior fixtures: odd pictures with bizarre themes, toys on the floor, a few strange animals wandering about. Very odd stuff and confusing. I did notice one centrally-placed door that more than one person went into and shortly exited from. (all stuff to challenge my awareness with either confusion or realization, I guess)

The scene shifted slightly and I found myself looking at what appeared to be a door leading to the basement, so I went down. There I found a rather primitive and unclean bathroom and realized that I needed to pee (the thought also occurred to me that I was dreaming and had never before peed in a dream). I walked into the bathroom and it was plainly nasty, almost medieval...there was a five foot tall metal barrel enclosure that I would have to spin around in order to have access to the urinal itself. That was just too nasty, but then I looked down at the drain tube underneath it and realized it was dumping directly into a gutter channel carved into the floor and I was already standing in it. YUCK! I almost self-ejected from the dream at that point, but then I realized something. The water was flowing clear. I stepped back and went ahead and urinated in the gutter, realizing that this was a metaphor and message for "going with the flow". (I know, that's a pretty tortured subconscious...but I take ownership of it! It's mine and I'm sticking with it!)

At that point, I woke up into PR and really did have to take a pee. So I did that, grabbed a swish of fresh water and returned to bed. As I lay there, drifting off to sleep again, I wasn't thinking about the dream...I was simply fantasizing about something much more enjoyable. I was still quite awake when it happened...

It felt like a physical hand gently, but firmly slapped me in the center of my back, no mistaking it. I was instantly reminded of the Carlos Castaneda stories of how his mentor Don Juan could "see" Carlos' energy "egg" body and know where the point of his attention was "fixed", and with a directed slap or push, could re-orient Carlos' point of attention and transfer his awareness into the NP. I don't know; all I can say is that this is what happened. I was back in the previous dream.

I was back in the main living room, with all the people assembled. A tall, skinny blonde approached me; she was somewhat attractive and a bit of the sexual urge hit me, but there was also a certain mistrust, so I begged off and she left. Then a cuter brunette approached and we settled on the couch to talk. Then the blonde poked her head in from my left saying, "So you're dumping me for her?" I begged off again, this time from both of them and the scene shifted once again. This time, I was in the living room alone and a guy looking like the British actor Edward Mulhare appeared and motioned for me to follow him. I lost track of him as he maneuvered through a series of doors which led outside the mansion. (I think that with the sex tests and the Ed Mulhare recognition, my awareness was continuing to increase)

Outside, I lost a bit of continuity, maybe there was another shift. I found myself lying down as if amongst a group of dead people. A guy came running out of the mansion, obviously trying to escape. He came upon my area and picked up a heavy assault rifle (like a SAW) and I realized he was going to shoot us. Looking back towards the mansion, I could see good old Mulhare and some others desperately waving at us to go along with the play-acting, the subterfuge. So I lay there while this guy fired several rounds into each of us and then ran off. (now there have been times where I have felt the shots ripping into me and died, but this wasn't one of them)

So the poor guy runs off and they good-naturedly and all in good fun, fire a few rounds over his head, to keep him moving. And it occurs to me that this poor bastard has entirely bought into the simulation and is running for his life...and good lord, I've probably been in his place before, lol. And the crew is all having quite the good time and fun with it!

Scene shift again- I am back alone in the mansion living room. There is a colony of small hermit crabs scuttling about, an organ grinders monkey scampers off, I am just a bit confused...there is still that central door that I haven't been through. So I go through the door. I walk into the room. It is maybe six-sided, with some bizarre, changing artwork on the wall, plenty of stuff to distract. Two guys to my right start chattering in thick, exaggerated European accents, I can't understand what they are saying (I realize that maybe I'm not supposed to; the lesson lies elsewhere). I start to look at the wall hangings but the two guys insist on my attention. I have a serious moment of clarity as I look at them and realize that they are like holographic projections, designed to perform the same scene for whomever walks through the door; they are part of the "Clue" game, so for the next several seconds, I am fascinated with studying them. Then one guy disappears (that kicks my awareness up another notch) and I distinctly remember what the second guy says as he backs up to a huge picture frame. He says, " Be careful of what you say, because if I get the heebie-jeebies, I might just do this!" And with that, he does a backward somersault and fades into the picture frame.

I watch that and think, "Well crap, that's just Phasing and I can do that..." and I think my awareness hit peak.

And I wake up. Here. PR. Or at least I think...lol

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
                                                          -O. Wilde

Nameless

First response - Uhm, wow! I have always wondered why it is that bathrooms in the Otherwhere are always so dang nasty. It's like the overseers really hate our physical body needs interruptions.

Things have been a little dry for me as well. I know I am having some experiences every single night but for some reason I am just not able to retain them with only a few exceptions like last night. I haven't ever thought of this as a game of clue but that is a perfect example, your recent exp especially. Now that you've brought it up that is exactly the type thing I have experienced several times. Only the clues still are not making sense. Glad to have some validation here that they are clues (I thought of them as puzzle pieces but same thing).

As far as the sex that seems to be the only body function the others find entertaining, lol.

QuoteIt felt like a physical hand gently, but firmly slapped me in the center of my back, no mistaking it. I was instantly reminded of the Carlos Castaneda stories of how his mentor Don Juan could "see" Carlos' energy "egg" body and know where the point of his attention was "fixed", and with a directed slap or push, could re-orient Carlos' point of attention and transfer his awareness into the NP. I don't know; all I can say is that this is what happened. I was back in the previous dream.
Now this startled me. Last night I went through kind of the same thing as you with the waking and returning (even the bathroom break - omg). For me though it was a very solid physical feeling. Someone touched my lip with their finger and I was instantly back in the NP. I was so startled I almost jumped right back out again. I won't go into the details of the exp itself as it is another clue that needs processing. I wonder if my exp had anything to do with Seth and the Gates of Horn. I'm gonna find that thread next and comment there about that.

All in all I think you did get a reminder and proof that we have so many possibilities out there. You've hit on some great points like how we can not ignore our physical bodies but we don't always need them to do what we need do. And you question who's in charge. So do I. I'm not sure I believe it's all just us creating it all. As if there is any part of me creating this then I am so far removed from that part and that part is so far removed from me we don't know each other so we are strangers and that makes 'them' them and 'me' me and not us. As for what I do think, I think there is a lot we don't know and we can't assume that 'they' do however much they are in advance of us.

You've given me for one a lot to think about. Hugs
Remember, You came here to this physical earth to experience it in its physical form. NPR will always be there.

LightBeam

Lots of clues indeed, EV, but can we put together the entire puzzle? My dreams are also bizarre most of the time and sometimes I am able to read the message behind the messy scenarios. Sometimes I just ignore them if they are too messed up, so I don't scare myself and out of fear start creating unintentionally unfortunate events. So, lately I have been going more with the flow, releasing the urge for control and sort of given the green light to my higher self to teach me whatever I need and if there are challenges I will face them and do my best to get the messages behind the lessons. No one wants to suffer, but if necessary for the greater good, then so be it. All I am focused to is to understand everyone and everything that happens and not judge even in the slightest but to understand what lesson someone is learning by experiencing what they are experiencing. I like to observe people and their lives and make sense of the big WHY. That's why I try to look at my life through a third party [perspective and analyze it that way, so my ego doesn't interpret things the wrong way because of my own emotions and beliefs. At the end of the day, go with your instincts.

But I will say it again, all my APs are perfectly in order, no scary things or anything that doesn't make sense, very enjoyable. Only dreams get bizarre. I almost wish we didn't dream LOL, just APd. I hope when we shed our physical bodies, we never have to experience something like dreams. Perhaps awareness is essential for orderly experiences, otherwise what we call subconscious is only in control and it creates rather symbolic temporary images that we perceive. Many times I can relate these to my daily life. For example, I went to the hair salon the other day, I was afraid the stylist will cut my hair too short. She didn't but I had that thought. So at night, I was dreaming that my hair was short like a boy cut and I panicked. Many times, when I cut sugar for a while, my body start craving sweets, so frequently I would dream that I am at events where they serve sweets. When my bladder is full, frequently I will start dreaming that I am looking for a bathroom. So, dreams are highly connected to our daily life, and our thoughts constantly create at every minute. But because our thoughts, emotions and beliefs are so many and so scattered, when we get to observe that area of raw energy that our thoughts constantly create from, we can actually see what we are creating, even just temporary. Interactions with other souls are also observed through the lenses of our subconscious during dreams. Now, when thoughts are persistent and beliefs are strong, that energy and forms, events we create become more charged and stay formed for a while, then they manifest into our reality as events.

Who is in charge? I think our true self is far more complicated than we realize. It may be composed of many aspects connected to other characters, lifetimes, parallel realities, the source of what we were crated, ets. But I know that the ultimate goal is leaning so whatever it takes gets arranged somehow to be experienced (I don't even want to pretend I know, no one knows, but that's ok. We are not supposed to know everything while in the game). 

The doors in your dreams I think represent probabilities and choices. If you enter one door, will lead you to certain experiences, may be farther from what you need to learn. If you open another, you may get closer to what you are looking for. I think through observing the options you have now in your life you can try to analyze what would happen if you open each one and eventually make the right decision, which one to open and which ones to lock and never enter.

To resist sexual temptation shows control. Not many people can do this. So, this is a good sign, you have control of what choices you want to make in life and that no temptations of any sort can distract you and make you open the wrong door. Good job!

"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem."
Captain Jack Sparrow

EscapeVelocity

Quote from: Nameless on June 12, 2018, 05:49:00
First response - Uhm, wow! I have always wondered why it is that bathrooms in the Otherwhere are always so dang nasty. It's like the overseers really hate our physical body needs interruptions.

Now that you mention it, I can't remember a clean bathroom/toilet in the NP/Otherwhere, lol. It's like some subtle back-handed insult against our forced human-ness...

Kurt Leland describes a small city with an iridescent stream flowing through it, one in which he can comfortably sink into and allow "the flow" to take him where it will...I get to stand in a gutter with liquid human refuse flowing over my feet in order to get the same realization...what's up with that?!!  Maybe, just maybe he did modify his experiences to be more readable, lol.

Same with the sex response. It's like they enjoy testing the fact that we are spirit-inhabiting human animals that are so easily prone to the sexual response; a great awareness test, but also instant entertainment when we continually fail...

[quoteAs if there is any part of me creating this then I am so far removed from that part and that part is so far removed from me we don't know each other so we are strangers and that makes 'them' them and 'me' me and not us. As for what I do think, I think there is a lot we don't know and we can't assume that 'they' do however much they are in advance of us.]

My thinking, as well... :wink:

The "Clue" simulation may not be any more than an awareness-building exercise, the clues or puzzle pieces may not lead anywhere. Then again might be a perfect form that can evolve and build upon itself into something that actually does have a useful solution to some issue such as an eventual Retrieval or something else.

Excellent thoughts! Thank you Nameless!

-O. Wilde

EscapeVelocity

Okay, so while I was forming a response, and thoroughly screwing up my quotes, LightBeam chimed in and I missed it.

Thank you LB! I won't even try to break it into quotes because I agree with your whole post! Very insightful!

Bodily functions, daily themes...yes they all enter into the stuff of our dreams. For me, it seems like everything backs up and builds for awhile and then is unleashed like a small tidal wave...fun and exciting but I am left feeling like a huge wave has crashed me onto the beach in a slightly bruising way, lol.

Who's in charge? I agree and well said.

Doors = probabilities and choices. Yes, great metaphors...they are "known unknowns"...

There is a lot to unpack in your post but I find the idea of observing that raw energy of our emotions within the subconscious context, those rare moments of watching "it" create at that level...that is such a cool and personal moment...words quickly fail :wink:

Thank you
                                                          -O. Wilde

Suziefish

" Who's in Charge ? "

laughing, here
the mix in me says " ALL of US :-)

" does not work well with others "
chimes in one part

" We love you anyway "
tones another part

" The Musketeers plus D'Artagnan "
sings out a third

it's how we learn JOY, together
when we are not all trying to be the most important
at the same time ((laughing

love,

Nameless

Okay, glad I came back to this one and re read it. Considering the life-trauma I was going through it's a miracle I remember anything at all. Seems a huge proportion of my experiences come out of trauma. It's like when I need help the most - there it is. The only issue is that being under traumatic conditions makes these events harder to process. I know it's kind of off topic but anyone else see this?

Now I want to move on to something else you said EV.

"The question occurs to me- Who set this up? Me or someone else? My subconscious alone, my supposed higher self (whatever that may be)? Or me in cooperation with someone else?"

That's the question I have. I distinctly perceive one force as ME and another that is NOT ME. NOT ME is everything that is not me, lol. But this deserves it's own topic.

One more point. I think we all could use a little Don Juan personality in our lives. :-)
Remember, You came here to this physical earth to experience it in its physical form. NPR will always be there.

Suziefish

Deep underlying Trauma..
the experience that set the stage for all traumas to come
when we are able to reach down and notice it
simply notice it
we are truly on our way to healing

on the trip down, and through
confusion often takes advantage
our days fill with a haze of mindless adventures

yes, hearing you :- loud and clear, dear
when we are ready to be heard
when we are ready to listen
our opportunity shows up, right on schedule !!

Set-Up?
it's where our paths are meant to take us
so we can find our way !!

YahOO Don Juan !!

"Seek and see the marvels around you"
as reported by Castenada :-)