News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Kundalini College Course?

Previous topic - Next topic

bvp663

Well, it's time to register for spring term classes.  I was searching around and found that they offer a Kundalini Meditation class.  Sounded like fun, but I was wondering if anyone had any warning against it.  The class is at the University of Oregon and is taught by a "Kundalini Master" - Viriam Khalsa.  Has anyone had any previous experience with kundalini classes?  If so, what are they like?
THanks

Tyciol

I believe I've heard that name... ask if she's a descended pupil of Yogi Bhajan PhD. I've corresponded with representatives of his... they have weird theories. All vegetarians too.

Cheyyne

Many people's ideas of kundalini don't correspond. I wouldn't worry about it, he probably knows what he is doing, and the kundalini that makes one insane and the kundalini that he is working with are most likely not one and the same.

karnautrahl

I've started going to a local small group doing kundalini yoga. My feeling from her class was that I was being taught physical exercises that would get things moving. Useful, and I found easy to get the heat to come. Only my sex drive went up loads the following day :-).  I'll be doing that again next week.
May your [insert choice of deity/higher power etc here] guide you and not deceive you!

pod_3

Are any of the teachers particularly special compared to normal people?
Delete this, Major Tom. I will not have any more of my posts removed due to their rebuttal of admittedly anti-Semitic Illuminatists, who have have been referred to with quotes and specific bibliographical information.

Tyciol

It depends on what you mean by special.

In the book I read on Kundalini Yoga, Bhajan propagates the belief that the masters and teachers are more attuned to the higher energy vibrations of Prana... or something like that. It sounds a lot like certain Reiki beliefs, except Kundalini Yoga requires more than attuning sessions, it requires constant teaching by that teacher to elevate your vibrations and stuff.

Honestly I don't like the whole idea, a lot of people propose it but it seems like a power and control thing so that they'll NEED their teachers. One has to wonder as you go up the attuning pyramid who exactly is attuning the teacher?