News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

What is depression?

Previous topic - Next topic

ThePortal

very interesting subject and one that I have thought about a lot since my mother is chronically depressed.

It is hard to know the answer since I am not sure if one really knows what a spirit is entirely made of and what exactly of our lives survives after deaths.

But if we keep it simple and we think that our spirit is the same as ourselves minus the physical body, then yes I would think that depression could very well follow us at death. Usually depression is deeply rooted by certain experience that where traumatizing. If we think that our soul is here to learn and grow trough physical experience, then there is a good chance that it holds that information too. As long as it is not healed it will follow you.

now on the other hand we cant underestimate the damage it does to the brain. A prolonged depression tend to condition us that way. This is where chemical imbalance comes in, when the problem has been ignored for too long. For these people it is easier to first heal their conscious mind, then go to the root.

My mother as an example is such a beautiful spirit and a great loving heart. But her mind is clouded and she does not even recognized who she really is. Her heart tells her one thing, but voices in her head tell her many others negative, contradictory thoughts. This has been going on for more than twenty five years now, her brain is probably all programmed into a chaotic way. Now even before she can heal her spirit side of herself she has to recondition herself into a more positive way of life. This is no easy task

For a better healing, she would needs to restart at point zero, unlearn everything and relearn the proper way.

as said earlier pills only dull the pain. I know since she took them and when she stopped she was back to square one.

all of this paragraph to say that for those extreme cases I think that the pain would be less when they die. The spiritual pain would be there, but the brain confusion would be out of the way.

Still although the physical can be an obstacle into healing depression, I still believe that death is not the answer and someone will learn a lot from overcoming all of these challenges and come out of it stronger than ever before. A hard and tedious path but full of wonderful lessons.

now it may not be that simple, perhaps our spirit is more complicated than what proposed above. But for the sake of this discussion I will leave it at that  :wink:

ThePortal
"If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?"

Albert Einstein

Telos

Spirituality is very closely related to cognition via awareness and via "I create reality." In this case, I just thought I'd link to the ten common so-called cognitive distortions that lead to depression and other psychological illness.

These are the things that cognitive therapists look for. It should be mentioned that cognitive therapy is not common in the way it asserts that thoughts cause emotion.

Ivanda

I have been wondering how effective cognitive therapy actually is. Sounds promising though.

Thanks to all who have been participating in this thread. I am still looking for ways to eliminate anxiety from my life. Faith and communicating with positive people have really helped me...
"And now these three remain: Faith, Hope and Love. But the greatest of these is Love."
(Corinthians, 1:13)

SmileySpirit14

well what if youre just depressed bcuz you dont want to live? and you suddenly die, i think it might be cured -_-
live forever or die trying

CaCoDeMoN

well what if youre just depressed bcuz you dont want to live? and you suddenly die, i think it might be cured -_-
No. You still continue to live - it's just life in other(astral?) world. Only way to complete destruction is meditation. With hard work you can achieve total destruction of consciousness by destroying ego. But I think that's a very pessimistic goal, isn't it better to try achieve BETTER life, fight for it with your whole being. Even the fight will be much more enjoyable than destroying yourself, and just think what will happen when you'll reach the goal. And if you lack motivation and can't experience happiness, I have some advice - it may seem strange, but trying to send healing energy to people is the best way to have MORE and higher quality energy, motivation, etc. I don't know how it works, but effects seem very noticeable. I have to add that I don't believe in all this Karma(as understood by New Agers) BS.
MEAT=MURDER.