News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

please help

Previous topic - Next topic

Thursday

I'm posting here because I think this section is the ideal place for people who are in pain and lost hope on getting better. I'm one of those people...

I don't know why, but I am and have always been very interested in all of the 'paranormal' stuff. I never was very religious however.. until I had this (almost) OBE a month after me and my ex broke up. I was very depressed, then this happened and I thought I was getting some sign or something that there's more than -this- life.

This breakup however took place 8 months ago & you know what? I'm still depressed, even slightly more (except for the abnormally high heart beating) because I haven't been able to get faith back. I think if this is all there is right here, than life is absolutely terrible. People starving to death, animals being PRODUCED for afterwards: slaughtering and ending up in freaking stores!! War all the time.. innocent lives being taken. It's all too depressing for me to live my life in happiness like when I was with my ex (although in ignorance, because I took everyting for granted).

I have been going to a conversational/hypnotherapist. She really believes in all of the things I once believed in.. Why did I lose faith? My last session (first regression) didn't work out. She was like putting me in deep relaxation, than she said I should visualise a lot of sceneries and stuff.. & when it came to the point where I should have asked questions to my 'guides' (you know what I'm talking about) I just was not able to get answers because I didn't/don't believe I could/can contact them. I was like thinking "hm.. what could be the best thing for them to answer me, think very hard!".

Can someone help me get faith back? If I would get like just one unexplainable but clear sign, I'm sure I can get out of my miserable situation. Help is very much appreciated, thanks..

Mattimo

Hello,

I am sorry to hear about your problems.  Let me first say, speaking from personal experience, that even if you were to not be proactive in seeking a remedy for your woes, the passage of time will eventually shed things in a new light and things will look better.  It may seem improbable or impossible, for I too have felt the bottom (for an ever greater duration than 8 months) and I truly felt and believed that I would be "trapped" in that state forever - it is certainly not pleasant. 

I find it most important, when in such situations or mental states, to work on oneself and not necessarily or primarily seek external means to solve one's problems.  External means are important, don't get me wrong, such as surrounding oneself with good friends, being outside, etc...but the real salvation lies within.  What does that mean and how do you it?  I found, as time went on, I began to analyze my thoughts and attempted to not indulge by thinking negatively about myself or the situation I was in.  But I tried to do it naturally by relaxing and just let everything happen and I sought solace in the silence between my thoughts.  I became aware that just like muscles, the mind can have tension too and I tried to relax it and throughout every day I tried to be in the here and now.  I had read such advice / teachings beforehand in various books but I never truly embraced the reality or profundity of such practices up until that point. 

I also chose to make affirmations, such as the decision to live and to try not to take things too seriously.  And also, to view life in the light that there IS something after death and that I am living NOW.  Strive to realize that, really think about yourself and search internally for the solution to your distress.

Thursday

Thanks!

The thing is I have been having lots of up and downs between the breakup and now.
The therapy also didn't work because my mind is just too analytical. I was very upset with the fact I couldn't be helped by her as I was really trying to believe in Guides, reincarnation, The Creator.. it gave some more meaning to my life, but thanks to this failure I got a bit trapped in the thinking of "life is totally useless, I don't even care to not exist anymore".

I'm not a loner, I have friends and do enjoy life to some degree when I'm with them. But it's not enough.. maybe that sounds a bit rude, but that's what I think and it's a serious problem for me.

At the moment I feel not too depressed, I tried to meditate a bit after I woke up. I'm still trying to connect with my guides, maybe if I keep meditating and at the same time visualising my analytical mind flowing out of my feet.. I will be able to get faith back? I like the way you compare the mind to muscles, I hope that's going to work for me too.

I'm also trying to study for my exams and/or possible future profession as a social worker (which does seem like a bit useful to me), so I'm with my feet on the ground at the moment. Although I'm quite sure my motivation is going to fade away like it does almost every day..

Mattimo

Keep in mind, also, that meditation does not have to so defined i.e. the act of breathing deeply, while sitting in an erect position, etc.  This process is not necessarily practical for a novice to meditation.  Try meditating throughout the day; perhaps, for example, while doing the dishes or walking outside.  And most importantly, meditate your own way.  You are already on the right path when you suggested envisioning your analytical mind flowing out of your feet.  I think it is important to also realize that not everyone can connect with guides, especially if the mind is in turmoil.  Is it that you seek absolute proof of the after-life?

I understand all-too-well the thought of the apparent pointlessness of life, but life is the reality and as such, it is important to simply "be."  Searching externally for meaning, also resonates strongly with me, but one should not strive for that - strive for resolution in yourself and not in hope that someone else can help you.  And when it comes down to it, the meaning of life, after all, is that YOU are living.  What can you do about it?

Thursday

I indeed do seek absolute proof of the after-life. It would motivate me more to become -happy- again, struggling with my depression seems much easier then. I don't see the point of struggling through life if I can just kill myself right now and just stop existing. Although I'm not going to do that, but it's just a way of saying, I'm sick and tired of being unhappy.

I'm trying to just "be" right now, at the moment I'm relatively fine, not too unhappy (like suicidethoughts as described above (which are pretty useless as I would not do it anyway)). I just want personal proof of something beyond this physical life.

Thanks for your advice, very much appreciated!
I'm going to take a break from studying right now and start meditating some more.. it does help to recharge me a bit.

I just wish I found proof asap, it would help me so much. Can anyone help me with this?

IC

Well they DO say that if you commit suicide to "get away" from a certain situation, then you will continue to live through this situation over  many lifetimes until you actually face it and understand it.

Where you put your attention is where you get your results.

You just have to perform activities that give you pleasure and make you feel proud of yourself. I'm the biggest loner ever, so i spend my time on the computer playing online games or painting - because it is extremely fun!
IC
--
Ai mela na umea.
"What we don't know will always be bigger than what we know."
"Whatever you give out you get back multiplied!"
"Where you put your attention is where you get your results."

TheSilver

Thursday

As I read through your few posts in this topic, I could feel your words flowing as if they were my own.

I too have a view of myself as "too analytical to achieve (insert spiritual goal here)"

I experienced feelings similar to what you are conveying here. I entitled the feeling "hopeless" in my own mind.

The thing is, your beliefs and experiences define you. Change your mind about life and your life will change to fit your belief.

I'm very tired right now, so I will not go into detail of my own experiences at this moment.

But, about the "afterlife proof" that you want, in order to assure yourself of self-purpose.
Just don't worry about it. You define your own purpose. Try to fill yourself with confidence, and well-being.
Accept the past as it has occurred, just don't worry about it.

Whatever has happened that "should have gone differently", is over with.

All you have to live with is the present.