News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

proof

Previous topic - Next topic

Aural Fixation

Hey, i have found "Magic" and such very interesting. I have been doing a lot of reading, and found that it is something im really into. I have read up on "how to get started" in a few places, and i have found that i have almost NO patience... does anyone know of how to get started in a few days?
Thankyou
Brandon
_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

In the red museum, its hard to sleep.
We are known for the lack of words we speak.

bloodsong

What have you been reading?

Sounds like you have been focusing on the aspects of full on Ceremonial Magick. Most grimoires are written with all the full on bells and wistles, but the most important tool is yourself.

The creation of a wand, the forging of a sword, all that is more metaphysical than physical.  It refers more toward the training done while completing these tasks than the tasks themselves.

The only patience involved is in learning the basics.  And you have to practice to do that, so if you are referring to the "don't do anything until you have this shopping list" mentality from these books you have read, throw that stuff out the window!

Check into Chaos Magick if you really want to get started right away.  Another place to look is the book I usually recommend to FNGs on this board, Modern Magick by Donald Michael Kraig.  He guides you through making the weapons and such, but includes the proper exercises and ritual practices in the place as well.

If you gruond yourself in Chaos Magick first, though, you will realize that the three hundred dollar chalice in the magick supply stores online is no more efficacious in ritual than a paper cup from 7-11.

A small metal disc with a hand engraved pentagram or similar is no worse than the three month project described in most books.

A wand properly created, blessed, and consecrated is just as powerful as a coffee stir-stic you got from Dunkin' Donuts.

It is all about you.  The magick isn't in the tools.  That is the best secret to learn!

I know I am just shooting in the dark with this, and may not have helped you out at all.  Let me know with anything more specific and I will get back to you.  I check this area of the forum nightly.

Bloodsong

Aural Fixation

This is a very helpful way for me to look at it. I have no way of getting books as i am 15 (blech), but i will look into it. maybe do somemore reading before bed tonight. is it true that the more you learn about, well, everything, the easyer learning gets? i forget where i heard this...
~Brandon
_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

In the red museum, its hard to sleep.
We are known for the lack of words we speak.

bloodsong

True enough!  That is how I made it through high school.  

If you want to read up on occult studies anyway, look at a few pdfs, don't save them, just send yourself the links in an email, and print it out a little at a time.  Read like 10 to 20 pages a day, whatever you feel you can, and then take it as a book report.  Write about what it means, what symbolism is being used, what is the point of the ritual altogether, how does it relate to other things you have read, etc.

If you can't practice in the physical, learn to project, and practice astrally.  No one can see you there unless you invite them once you build an astral temple.

If you have trouble reading through the grimoires, don't be afraid to post questions on this or other occult boards.  And definitely join other boards.  The people here are great, but the focus of this forum is just too broad for focused study on magic, ceremonial or otherwise.

If you don't know where to start with looking for pdfs, try
http://athenaeum.asiya.org/index.html
Great site, lots of downloads, and many topics of magick and occult to choose from.

If you want to get some one on one, feel free to PM me, but don't rely on just me, or anyone else for that matter.  Learning doesn't come from reliance on one other person telling you what they think.  That's just indoctrination.  To think for yourself, find a lot of people to talk with about this sort of thing.

Bloodsong

HD

read books untill you are blue in the face, and practice the BASICS for months on end.
if you can keep that up for 6 months, then move on one more step. etc....

long process

there is no shortcut really.. its like asking how to become really fast, strong and smart.
there is no easy way, you practice, study and work out.

you say you have no patience, well thats just not gonna fly.... your willpower needs to be finely tuned. which means doing things that you dont want to do... because they are boring, or too basic, or u just dont hve the time for them...

-HD