News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Introducing myself

Previous topic - Next topic

ileisou

Hi,

First of all I would like to apologize in advance for any grammatical mistakes or weird expressions you may read from me due to my English skills, I promise I'll do my best.

I'm from Spain and I'm 37 years old. My first contact with the astral projection subject took place when I was 16. The very first moment I read about AP I got completely fascinated with what we were supposed to be able to do while incarnated.

Since then the most close experience to an OBE I've ever experienced was an spontaneous sleep paralysis. I've already read quite a few books about the subject. Although I've managed to induce a dozen lucid dreams, I can't tell how it feels to watch your own body laying on your bed yet or how it is to be in the realtime zone.

Up to now my practice has been very inconstant (some periods of years with no practice at all), it's very hard for me to quiet the mind or focus on something for too long, but I don't give up. I just feel I can't delay this any longer, I'm firmly determined to achieve my goal whatever it takes.

I hope I'll find some help in this great forum that helps me make it.

Greetings!

EscapeVelocity

Hello ileisou!

Your usage of English is much better than my Spanish, so I will keep it brief and just say

Bienvenido al foro!

There is much material and information to be found here on the forum. Use the search function to find information on certain terms or ideas.

Very few of us can manage direct exits from an awake state initially, myself included. I have far more success from early morning attempts or Lucid Dreams, so if you are proficient with becoming aware within a Lucid Dream then I would suggest that you concentrate your efforts there. A Lucid Dream is a perfectly valid form of Astral Projection; it is a re-focusing of your awareness away from this Physical Reality (PR) and into what we generally describe as Non-Physical Reality (NPR). What you do with it from there is your choice; how you define "where" you are becomes your next challenge. Is it "the Astral"? Or is it your personal Dreamspace? Do your adventures there have any significance or does this area merge into a more Collective Dreamspace at some point? Is that the Astral? Or is it all Astral? You can get pretty confused and frustrated in trying to figure out just where you are and completely miss the lessons that are available at that specific point.

Probably the first lesson to learn is to be ready to change your perspective, to shift to a new way of looking at or considering your awareness and where in Reality it is at any particular moment. In other words, be ready to leave behind all your Physical World ideas and perspectives. If you think about your Lucid Dreams, you already do this some times, often very instinctively.

Enough for a welcome, I will comment further in your next thread.

Enjoy!
Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
                                                          -O. Wilde