News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Why is there something and not nothing?

Previous topic - Next topic

Mydral

Quote from: Alan McDougall on May 26, 2008, 10:43:20
Mydrad

You have a problem man!! Come on!! you exist is that not enough? if you do not like your existence, well you know there is a way out if it is so terrible.

God had everything to do with your existence "case closed". There is only one "Infinite Being" and simple logic should reveal this to you.

Alan

You know this is exactly why I don't like religion. It turns people, like you, into these closed minded beings. Seriously why are you on these forums??? I never said I don't like my existence, its pretty awesome right now, so don't suggest suicide.

Look here is exactly what religion is for me and why I don't believe in God:
Religion is the answer for people, just like you, who are overwhelmed or get depressed by questions like existence. Actually your overwhelmed by a lot of concepts such as morals, good and evil, doing the right things, etc. Hence you chose to believe in a God, it feels good and its damn easy. All of a sudden everything has an answer... you exist because of God, you know what to do with your life, you seem to have a purpose.
I don't understand why you religious people don't seem to understand that humans wrote the bible exactly to make you feel this way and to stop thinking. Its the first step to control people. You can use Christianity to justify anything.... all the way to genocide if necessary.... this is one of the purposes of it and it has been used like this pretty successfully.

"Good people can do good things without religion. But it takes religion for good people to do bad things."

And yes I do exist, I just do. Not because someone made me (well except my parents). There is no reason for my existence, there are no goals set forth for me. And no this is not depressing and I am not lost (as religion would teach you), its the simple truth. I make my own fate.
In somnis veritas

Alan McDougall

Myrdal,

You know this is exactly why I don't like religion. It turns people, like you, into these closed minded beings. Seriously why are you on these forums??? I never said I don't like my existence, its pretty awesome right now, so don't suggest suicide.

You know absolutely nothing about me and if you did you would see I am the most open minded guy you are ever going to meet I am absolutely anti-religion and despise anything exclusive. Does this mean just because i dint belong to any religious organisation that I cant rationalise that God exists in my own way

Believe what you believe if this makes you happy, but being an Atheist is just also a belief man!! "a religion just like the rest and in your case requires FAITH that there is no God out there in the great somewhere to welcome you when you die. You cant prove that there is no  God can you.?

Anyway I did not register on this forum to make enemies and I hope we can continue to dialogue as friends

I have had a profound near death experience and no longer summise the existence of God "I know God exists" and he is the absolute most anti-religious Being in his creation.

Alan
Take Care

Alan

Mydral

Quote from: Alan McDougall on May 28, 2008, 02:18:01
Myrdal,

You know absolutely nothing about me and if you did you would see I am the most open minded guy you are ever going to meet I am absolutely anti-religion and despise anything exclusive. Does this mean just because i dint belong to any religious organisation that I cant rationalise that God exists in my own way

Believe what you believe if this makes you happy, but being an Atheist is just also a belief man!! "a religion just like the rest and in your case requires FAITH that there is no God out there in the great somewhere to welcome you when you die. You cant prove that there is no  God can you.?

Anyway I did not register on this forum to make enemies and I hope we can continue to dialogue as friends

I have had a profound near death experience and no longer summise the existence of God "I know God exists" and he is the absolute most anti-religious Being in his creation.

Alan

Yeah ok sorry.. ignore my previous post. I thought you were viewing God as the bible describes him etc.
In somnis veritas

galaxy_storm

hi Alan

Quote from: Alan McDougall on May 28, 2008, 02:18:01
"a religion just like the rest and in your case requires FAITH that there is no God out there in the great somewhere to welcome you when you die. You cant prove that there is no  God can you.?

You say that god is "out there somewhere" and you still speak about HIM like HE was some kind of a person. I don't agree with that. I rather thing that "god" is everything and everywhere, INCLUDING you and me.

"God had everything to do with your existence "case closed"."
Yes. YOU had and have everything to do with your existence because you are an expression of "god".

There is no got out there, it is in here.

Flow...

loppoppy

whooooooa far to much for me to read so i'll just throw this in related to the original post.

someone once said to me that everything we percieve as something is actually nothing. The true something is out of reach and incomprehensible to us as we dwell in the nothing. If we look past the illusions of sight, hearing, touch, smell and any other sense you can think of, then all there would be is nothing. and as all that stands in the way of this nothing are illusions, they can not be accounted for as something.

Something is yet to be experienced, and if it has been experienced, it hasn't been by any of us on this plane =P.
It's an interesting thought, it made me think if all of this is nothing, imagine what something would be like! it's something that can be thought about, unless you consider the whole statement to be absolute rubbish. but i like it =), maybe not true...but i like it =).
for what shall it profit a man if he is to gain the world and lose his own soul?