News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Pope

Previous topic - Next topic

Legend

I've posted this already in a "predictions for 2005" thread, but I feel it stronger theses days than I did at the beginning of the year.  The pope is at his last threads.  Somehow, I think he also knows or feel it.  He's marching` towards the other side.
)_

Legend

I also get the impression that it will change the religion as we know it today.  I can't really say how, but still.  Mind you, it only takes a more liberal pope to change things drastically.  One previous tried that, but murdered he was...

Quote from: runlolaI once read Hannussen predicted that there will not be another pope
once this one dies & his death will begin the fall of the Catholic church.
)_

clandestino

I don't believe that the religion will change if the current pope dies. But who knows; perhaps it will.

When I was a child, I remember reading that when black smoke comes from the chimney of one particular building in the vatican, it is a signal that the pope has died. When white smoke is seen, a new pope has been chosen.
I'll Name You The Flame That Cries

Telos

Clandestino, the black and white smoke both happen as part of the process for electing a new pope. The Cardinals of the Church are literally locked away in isolation until they reach consensus on a new pope. If they take too long, they may be denied food and water. The black smoke is a way for them to communicate to the outside world that they have not reached a decision yet, and the white smoke means that they have.

CaCoDeMoN

I also get the impression that it will change the religion as we know it today. I can't really say how, but still. Mind you, it only takes a more liberal pope to change things drastically. One previous tried that, but murdered he was...
From what I know this pope is very liberal...
MEAT=MURDER.

Leannain

well he's very old and very ill i don't need to be a guesser to know he'll be dead soon -_-

Legend

What you say is completely true.  But look at the past years.  You'll notice that he was equally ill and sick and MANY predicted his death only to fail on their predictions.

Quote from: Leannainwell he's very old and very ill i don't need to be a guesser to know he'll be dead soon -_-
)_

clandestino

Quote from: TelosClandestino, the black and white smoke both happen as part of the process for electing a new pope. The Cardinals of the Church are literally locked away in isolation until they reach consensus on a new pope. If they take too long, they may be denied food and water. The black smoke is a way for them to communicate to the outside world that they have not reached a decision yet, and the white smoke means that they have.

Ah....thanks Telos !
I'll Name You The Flame That Cries

RTCovenant

This pope was the first non-italian pope in like 400 years I think. He is from Poland and I beleive his mom was a holocaust survivor?

I do not too much about him, but he is liberal on some issues and conservative on others. He is against abortion and the war on Iraq.
"There are three kinds of people in this world, those who can count and those who can not."

Eric g

Quote from: RTCovenantThis pope was the first non-italian pope in like 400 years I think. He is from Poland and I beleive his mom was a holocaust survivor?

I do not too much about him, but he is liberal on some issues and conservative on others. He is against abortion and the war on Iraq.

Wasn't he a salesperson for IG Farben before the war????
Death don't scare me, it's the dying that freaks me out

It really doesn't look good for the Pope right now. With him going back into the hospital for the second time in a month.

no_leaf_clover

Quote from: ShareIt really doesn't look good for the Pope right now. With him going back into the hospital for the second time in a month.

I heard he has pneumonia. o.O
What is the sound of no leaves cloving?

The latest word on the pope is that he is breathing on his own now.

IequalMC2

http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=15292&start=10

On the Hope

So where's the hope were did it go
Was it stolen don't think so
Was it taken don't think so
It was given the hope was given

Given by who given when
Was it the Pope
He's just a spoke within a wheel
Bringing hope on appeal.

The Kingdom of god is in you! Thus it is already here!

Oi Dumi's Is it just me or has the pope been saying nothing recently?

Telos

Well, he's dead.

Kudos to everyone who made accurate predictions... if there are any.

In other news, Father Wingate is going to hell.

IequalMC2

John was Our Angel

:?

no_leaf_clover

QuoteKudos to everyone who made accurate predictions... if there are any.

Was this year actually any different prophecy-wise? From the sounds of the other posts, people have been forecasting this for years. I know this was the first year I'd heard such predictions, but I haven't been around that long. Does anybody think this year was very special for Pope-predictions?

QuoteWhat you say is completely true. But look at the past years. You'll notice that he was equally ill and sick and MANY predicted his death only to fail on their predictions.

Or just a case of a lot of people guessing until someone was finally right? Or maybe just obvious he was so ill?

It's interesting to hear so much about the Church going down with him, too. I guess that'll be the next thing to watch for: great decline in the Church's power.

QuoteIn other news, Father Wingate is going to hell.

lmao again

Though I'm still not sure if this has been deemed appropriate for me to laugh at. :/
What is the sound of no leaves cloving?

Telos

Quote from: no_leaf_cloverThough I'm still not sure if this has been deemed appropriate for me to laugh at. :/

It is! Universal redemption is completely allowable in the Catholic faith, so the worse that can happen to him is that he will stay in purgatory for a really long time to be purified.

And Wingate already claims to have visited purgatory many times. So he should be well prepared.

Oh yeah, and you can supposedly lessen someone's stay in purgatory by praying and making sacrifices here on Earth. There are opportunities for heaven all over the place.

So going to hell is really laughably absurd. Feel free to laugh at it! :)

Frank

Telos:

I don't know anything about it, but I'm assuming that what they are calling purgatory is Focus 3 of consciousness. This is the focus state everyone ends up at when the disengage physical focus. Here people have to allow their attachment to objective belief constructs to dissipate then they can permanently engage Focus 4.

So I'm guessing that what the RC church is calling "sins" and stuff that people are being "cleansed of" while "in pugatory" is their attachment to objective-focus constructs.

You know, one of the aspects of all this I find fascinating with various religions is, if you junk all the talk of "sin" and Dark Age doom and gloom, they've got a basic idea of the wider reality. It's just they thwart and distort it by the action of their ignorance and latching onto all manner of superstition to the point where it all becomes meaningless.

Yours,
Frank