A Dead Man’s (Woman’s) Guide to the Afterlife.

Previous topic - Next topic

AlanRK

Quote from: Xplorer88 on December 26, 2010, 17:33:14
website is the shiznick lol

alot of great info... thanks for sharing.

you know i also noticed that i like websites where people draw out what they see in the astral....this site has a few good 3d pics that were made to show a astral location or entity....theres some on youtube too....anybody know any good sites where maybe theres video or images/drawings trying to replicate what was seen on the astral? i just love looking at them :lol:
Mr MDM has a site www.lightandmagic.co.uk which he says are his artwork inspired by his experiences out of body.

MDM

Hi Xplorer,
You can download most of my pictures free as wallpaper. Just go here and click on "Galleries":
http://www.magicfantasyart.com
I hope you'll enjoy the pictures.

Thanks, Jurgen

Quote from: Xplorer88 on December 26, 2010, 17:33:14
you know i also noticed that i like websites where people draw out what they see in the astral....this site has a few good 3d pics that were made to show a astral location or entity....theres some on youtube too....anybody know any good sites where maybe theres video or images/drawings trying to replicate what was seen on the astral? i just love looking at them :lol:

NickisDank

Volgerle

Jurgen,

I still think your rebuttal of the validity of regression hypnosis reports is a bit too hard. I've read many accounts of life-between-life regressions that do not necessarily contradict APers reports. They also talk of cities, areas, buildings, landscapes and people appearing in bodies (mostly their incarnations, alternating) - although things are more fluid there.

Maybe it is just because in hypnosis you do not see and experience it as directly as like in a projection. Possibly hypnosis "view" is just like looking at it through a blurrying lens or a filter laid upon their perception, that is why they describe more light orbs and energies instead of "solid" sceneries.

We should not forget: in hypnosis you mainly just deal with memories, unlike OBEs when you are actually "there, on-location" - ok...  later you also report it as you memorised it, but it is still much more direct. (Although sometimes it is indicated that regression subjects get direct advice from their guides or meet them 'live' to discuss some life issues.)

Moreover, many reports on past lives from these techniques lead to validations.

So I do not think it is really that different at the core. Perception may differ due to a different technique, but the content iteslf surely isn't.
E.g. comparing M. Newton's systematisations and categorical stages / locations in the afterlife (somehow chronologically from homecoming to reintegration to life and learning there and to preparation for further incarnations) for me fits almost perfectly with some descriptions of those locations and 'institutions" (e.g. reception center, rehabilitation center, library) described by Monroe and other of the TMI (mainly said to be "located" in Focus27).

Just my 2 cents.

Volker

Fresco

I was listening to a radio show about people who suffer from depression and how some are suicidal, and I'm thinking if they knew about astral world after they die they would all kill themselves en masse.  Its probably better they dont know

moondreamer

Fresco, although that concern might be valid, judging by my own past experience, when I was depressed, APing was absolutely terrifying and not a place I would wish to be.
My dream/astral projection blog
http://moondreamscape.blogspot.com/

Fresco

Quote from: MDM on December 26, 2010, 19:47:45
Hi Xplorer,
You can download most of my pictures free as wallpaper. Just go here and click on "Galleries":
http://www.magicfantasyart.com
I hope you'll enjoy the pictures.

Thanks, Jurgen

Really cool artwork.  very nice!!

You should make more drawings of what aliens look like though

MDM

Quote from: Fresco on December 27, 2010, 16:08:24
I was listening to a radio show about people who suffer from depression and how some are suicidal, and I'm thinking if they knew about astral world after they die they would all kill themselves en masse.  Its probably better they dont know

Once suicidal people realize that the disposal of their physical body will have no effect on their state of mind after death, they will feel much less inclined to kill themselves. Especially if they realize that their state of mind will have attracted them to an appropriate environment, which is equally gloomy and will still demand them working though the problem which prompted them to end their life in the first place.

This should serve to discourage any would-be suicide. I have personally met a suicide bomber who, after killing himself and many innocent others, found his envisaged "heaven" in direct opposition to his expectation and could serve as a powerful deterrent to anybody planning to end their own life or the lives of others.

Fresco

Quote from: MDM on December 28, 2010, 07:29:43
I have personally met a suicide bomber who, after killing himself and many innocent others, found his envisaged "heaven" in direct opposition to his expectation and could serve as a powerful deterrent to anybody planning to end their own life or the lives of others

But I thought when people died they would go into the astral plane that most suited their belief system right before they died.  And if they believed in 65 virgins right before they suicide bombed some place then thats exactly what they'd wind up with when they died, with 65 virgins

Pauli2

Quote from: Fresco on December 28, 2010, 10:03:34
And if they believed in 65 virgins right before they suicide bombed some place then thats exactly what they'd wind up with when they died, with 65 virgins

No, don't think so. They will end up somewhere, with others of the same belief system, who also believed they would end up with 65 virgins. *dark humor*
Former PauliEffect (got lost on server crash), http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pauli_effect

CFTraveler

Quote from: Pauli2 on December 28, 2010, 10:25:03
No, don't think so. They will end up somewhere, with others of the same belief system, who also believed they would end up with 65 virgins. *dark humor*
And, they'll all be virgins. 
:evil:

Fresco

I think they will wind up with their 65 virgins, but upon closer inspection they'll be shocked to find out virgins arent real.  
They'll be the blow-up version of an astral doll   :-P

Xanth

Quote from: Fresco on December 28, 2010, 11:26:47
I think they will wind up with their 65 virgins, but upon closer inspection they'll be shocked to find out virgins arent real.  
They'll be the blow-up version of an astral doll   :-P 
Actually, and I know CF is joking (halfly :)) I think that's what would happen.
Everyone would perceive everyone else as being their virgins... and try to use them as such.  ROFL

MDM

But I thought when people died they would go into the astral plane that most suited their belief system right before they died.  And if they believed in 65 virgins right before they suicide bombed some place then thats exactly what they'd wind up with when they died, with 65 virgins

The reality looks totally different. Energies released due to the action of the perpetrator, such as the suffering of their victims, their family etc, all have a bearing on the reality experienced against which their most cherished beliefs have little chance of materializing. Reality has a greater bearing on experience than wishful thinking. I have a detailed report on the afterlife fate of a suicide bomber which I shall publish in due course. All I can say for the moment that it did not turn out at all the way the poor guy imagined his fate would turn out due to his misguided belief. The next dimension is not a world where every wish automatically comes true. There are too many subconscious forces at work and too many levels of reality which have a bearing. It would be wrong to imagine just because we belief in something it will automatically happen. It will not. On the lower levels, which is focused on selfishness and disregard for other forms of consciousness, the creative energies are extremely limited and restricted and instead other forces come to bear.

AlanRK

Quote from: Pauli2 on December 28, 2010, 10:25:03
Quote from: Fresco on December 28, 2010, 11:26:47
They'll be the blow-up version of an astral doll   :-P

Quote from: Xanth on December 28, 2010, 11:49:02
Actually, and I know CF is joking (halfly :)) I think that's what would happen.
Everyone would perceive everyone else as being their virgins... and try to use them as such.  ROFL
I know you all might be joking, I can't tell, but I really hope you don't interpret the astral or the afterlife in such a crude, simplistic manner.

On a related note, I do not think suicide bombers actually believe in getting X virgins in the afterlife, this is most likely a myth.

Xanth

Quote from: AlanRK on December 28, 2010, 13:58:23
I know you all might be joking, I can't tell, but I really hope you don't interpret the astral or the afterlife in such a crude, simplistic manner.

On a related note, I do not think suicide bombers actually believe in getting X virgins in the afterlife, this is most likely a myth.
It depends upon their religious beliefs really.
If they believe that they're gonna get 72 virgins upon their death, I do wholeheartedly believe that's what they're going to get.  It's the power of expectation.

BUT... I do want to put it out there that THAT isn't the true afterlife, it's only part of the Belief System Territories.  In my opinion at least.
I view the TRUE afterlife starting after you've shed those beliefs (religious or otherwise) that keeps one trapped in the BSTs.

AlanRK

Expectation is not an infallible power. My expectations of the astral have always had to be remodeled or destroyed due to encountering things which I did not previously think was possible or likely. Now, that is me going into the astral intentionally with a semi-open mind. I do not know how someone who has just died might enter it, especially if their state of mind and the circumstances of their death are as convoluted and dramatic as, for example, a suicide bombing. I would think it would be a state comparable to mental illness, and I do not know what happens to mentally ill people when they die. I do think that the state of mind they're in is boundlessly more significant than their expectations.

MDM

Quote from: AlanRK on December 28, 2010, 14:29:37
Expectation is not an infallible power. My expectations of the astral have always had to be remodeled or destroyed due to encountering things which I did not previously think was possible or likely. Now, that is me going into the astral intentionally with a semi-open mind. I do not know how someone who has just died might enter it, especially if their state of mind and the circumstances of their death are as convoluted and dramatic as, for example, a suicide bombing. I would think it would be a state comparable to mental illness, and I do not know what happens to mentally ill people when they die. I do think that the state of mind they're in is boundlessly more significant than their expectations.

Thanks you Alan, this is what I found on more than one occasion. The state of mind is paramount. I found that two of my close relatives, one of them my mother (documented in my book), who found themselves in very poor afterlife conditions, due to depression they suffered. This may sound cruel, because they were both of very good character, but this is just the way life is and the afterlife is no different.

Xplorer88

"this heart within me i can feel, and i judge that it exists. this world i can touch, and i likewise judge that it exists. There ends all my knowledge...and the rest is construction."

Xanth

Quote from: AlanRK on December 28, 2010, 14:29:37
Oh definitely, 100%.  I'm not contesting that... well really, I'm not contesting anything you've said, I agree with you.  :)
It's that very circumstance that will really screw them over... however, their continuing environment and their emotional loop that they get stuck in will be one created from their beliefs + expectations combined with the fact that they're in a massively problematic state of mind to begin with. 

Fresco

Quote from: MDM on December 28, 2010, 12:33:45
The reality looks totally different. Energies released due to the action of the perpetrator, such as the suffering of their victims, their family etc, all have a bearing on the reality experienced against which their most cherished beliefs have little chance of materializing. Reality has a greater bearing on experience than wishful thinking. I have a detailed report on the afterlife fate of a suicide bomber which I shall publish in due course. All I can say for the moment that it did not turn out at all the way the poor guy imagined his fate would turn out due to his misguided belief. The next dimension is not a world where every wish automatically comes true. There are too many subconscious forces at work and too many levels of reality which have a bearing. It would be wrong to imagine just because we belief in something it will automatically happen. It will not. On the lower levels, which is focused on selfishness and disregard for other forms of consciousness, the creative energies are extremely limited and restricted and instead other forces come to bear
This makes the most sense

Xplorer88

MDM you should write more captions below the pic like in the dreams album they all have it, that says what you were seeing and what happened etc in the pic. overall though fantastic work!
"this heart within me i can feel, and i judge that it exists. this world i can touch, and i likewise judge that it exists. There ends all my knowledge...and the rest is construction."

Fresco

^^^^yeah, excellent point.

And also describe alien lifeforms more, I find that stuff fascinating

MDM

For authenticity's sake I need to point out that my images where inspired by my out-of-body experiences and are not faithful representations of my experiences (this is mentioned in the intro to my website: http://www.magicfantasyart.com

I always start off by trying to depict an environment I have encountered, but the creative process is such that it progresses along different lines during execution. For example nearly all the images in the category "Alien Worlds" were an attempt to capture one visit encountered and reported in my book on page 178 (Another universe, another world) where only image AP037w came somewhat close.

There are some which are better recorded than others in what I saw, but I felt always let down and frustrated by the fact that neither the consciousness nor the feeling of the place could ever be expressed adequately. So I tried to represent the scenes by capturing an atmosphere, using colour and design, rather than being literal and representational. Where I succeeded most in this are images HL029w, HL001w, HL012w, HL014w, HL032w on "Astral Planes" and particularly, imo, Swan Lake (minus the swans).

The top scorer in terms of representational authenticity (75%) is image HL005w (Astral Planes), from the chapter "Settlers on another Planet" (Multidimensional Man)

However, these images are only "fakes" in as much as they express my inability of a faithful representation. The reality is much better than I was able to capture. Please also bear in mind that the creative power of the imagination on the higher dimensional levels can easily turn these "fakes" into reality and as such the images can indeed serve as a blueprint in the creation of a higher dimensional reality.

So I would like to encourage anybody who considers my work attractive enough, to use your favorite image as a wallpaper on your monitor and let me know, next time you astrally project, whether you have been able visit the place. This would confirm that the process works in reverse. :wink:

Good luck, Jurgen