Neck Tensing Problem

Previous topic - Next topic

Isobel

I started doing my AP work in my indoor hammock, and it's the closest I've ever gotten to having an out of body experience in six years. Last night I started rising out of my body, and I was half way out, when my neck tensed up. Does anyone have any pointers on how to relax the neck completely?

Thanks!

Lumaza

A progressive relaxation technique would do well here. It loosens all the muscles before you attempt a shift in consciousness. You could make sure to pay particular attention to the head/neck and shoulders. Those are normally tightest anyways.

To do this you begin at your toes. Stretch them and then relax, do that a few times until you finish with the relax part, then move on to the next thing, being your feet. You don't have to stretch each area though. Just focus there.  Continue systematically until you end at the top of your head. For further relaxation you can even go "above the head".

When I do this, I use mental affirmations. EX: My toes are relaxed, relaxed, relaxed, my toes are relaxed. I then continue affirming each part of the body that I am targeting my focus on.

At first it took about 15-25 minutes to do just one relaxation session. But now I have it down to 2 minutes. I cut the stretching part completely out of my routine, simply because in it I had to move the corresponding body part for real, which when you are attempting to AP, is a "no-no".
"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."  Nicolai Tesla

Isobel

Thank you so much for your reply. I tried the relaxation technique over the last few days, and it worked like a charm! I finally left my body last night, it was only for a few seconds, but it was awesome.

Lumaza

Quote from: Isobel on June 26, 2017, 10:01:55
Thank you so much for your reply. I tried the relaxation technique over the last few days, and it worked like a charm! I finally left my body last night, it was only for a few seconds, but it was awesome.
8-) :-)
"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."  Nicolai Tesla