First Time Out. Felt Good.

Previous topic - Next topic

Astral Life

Last night I experienced my first real exit(or partial exit) after trying for years. I have experienced many things before like heavy vibrations and strange light shows behind my eyelids but finally this time was the real deal.

The strange thing was, that this time I wasn't trying. I was sleeping on the sofa last night as  I was starting work early so I didn't wake my wife. I woke up some time in the middle of the night, I'd say arround 3am to find my astral legs were violently swinging from side to side. I was amazed and excited. I tried to will the rest of my body out but I couldn't. Somehow I then managed to roll over onto my side and I then felt my hand pass through the sofa. I could actually feel the wood inside the sofa and somehow I new what it looked like. As I touched It I could sense it's appearance.

I must have fell asleep arround this time but when I woke up in the morning it was the first thing that I remembered. I know it wasn't a dream as I felt the same feeling I have felt when trying to project plus it was a very real experience to me.

Do you think that I did partially project on this occasion? I hope so.

It's my first post here but I have been reading posts on this forum for a long time. I just wanted to wait till I had a positive experience.

It's good to be here.

NoY

Astral Life

Xanth

Quote from: Astral Life on September 03, 2012, 08:40:55
Last night I experienced my first real exit(or partial exit) after trying for years.
What experiences have you had that you've deemed to be "fake" exits?

Astral Life

Quote from: Xanth on September 03, 2012, 15:06:34
What experiences have you had that you've deemed to be "fake" exits?

I've had numerous occasions where I have felt so close to exit but have never made it. Vibrations, strange images in the blackness and a couple of times I have felt my fingers moving through the mattress in the bed but nothing more till last night.

I remember as a kid having a strange experience on several occasions, each time the same thing happened. I would wake up in the night paralised. I would then dare myself to get up and flick the light switch beside my door. If I didn't hit the switch I would just fall back to sleep but if I felt brave I would get up (I don't think I phisically got up) and hit the switch. At this point I would feel amazing pressure on my chest and an extreme feeling of speed. I would then suddenly appear in the same place everytime. It was a large cliff face that was totally white and smooth. In the middle of the cliff was a shallow cave where I would end up. I was unable to leave this place as I was stuck.

This thing used to happen all the time when I was really young and it was always the same place. I don't know why I used to hit the light switch as the hole thing scared me.

Xanth

Quote from: Astral Life on September 03, 2012, 16:29:16
I've had numerous occasions where I have felt so close to exit but have never made it. Vibrations, strange images in the blackness and a couple of times I have felt my fingers moving through the mattress in the bed but nothing more till last night.

I remember as a kid having a strange experience on several occasions, each time the same thing happened. I would wake up in the night paralised. I would then dare myself to get up and flick the light switch beside my door. If I didn't hit the switch I would just fall back to sleep but if I felt brave I would get up (I don't think I phisically got up) and hit the switch. At this point I would feel amazing pressure on my chest and an extreme feeling of speed. I would then suddenly appear in the same place everytime. It was a large cliff face that was totally white and smooth. In the middle of the cliff was a shallow cave where I would end up. I was unable to leave this place as I was stuck.

This thing used to happen all the time when I was really young and it was always the same place. I don't know why I used to hit the light switch as the hole thing scared me.
Try to remove any filters you have on your perception of "what a projection is".  And you'll probably find you've experienced a lot more than you think you have.

What I'm getting at is this:
Forget about everything you've ever read about astral projection. 

Now... project!  Accept whatever comes to you... don't second guess it... don't filter it... just accept it all.  :)

roman67

Congrats for this wonderful experience. And I agree with Xanth's thought, accept whatever comes to you.

Szaxx

Hi,
Keep going with it. You'll be out where you want to go soon.
Look at images on the net for this cave in the cliff. See if it exists.

Theres something about its persistence. Use the memory of it to exit. If you're successful you can fly away from it and win the situation. It may be your initial safe ground as its inaccessible up to now in your mind.
Worth a few attempts.
There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.

Astralsuzy

Well done, that is fantastic.  It makes you feel great when you partially ap or ap.

joneagle_28

The very first time I projected was after 2 months of solid practice, and than one night I decided to just sleep.  That was the night I projected!  Sometimes when we relax and let things be... well LOL they be.

Astral Life

Thankyou everyone for the incouraging replies. I never thought about focusing on the cave from my childhood I will certainly try it tonight.

It's great that there is such a forum as this for like minded people like us who share the same experiences together.

AteBits

Same thing for me here. When I have relaxed and stopped practicing for a while, thats when I have had most of my experiences. Wonder why though.

NoY

people don't know what the spirit truly is

the spirit is the active force against god
the active force against you

the spirit is everything your not, if your a boy its a girl if your week its strong etc
by holding you back it extends your life by hundreds of years and makes you stronger and more determined

if you went strait to the end what life would you have?
maybe that's why it easier when its just a whim and not a commitment

:NoY: