mindstate for astral exploration

Previous topic - Next topic

sweet_celestial_sounds

Hey lateralus897,

It's certainly a pleasure to help with this one...

I have and am experiencing this. I've been making major progress, but I am either too excited, or too nervous, or to 'something' to get more than a foot away, or for the experience to last more than a handful of seconds... Yet, that is- and That's the key.

Each time I have an experience I get more used to it. And the more I get used to it the less panicked I am- unless something drastic happens like I shoot up into the air or something. But in general, each experience I have I get calmer and less nervous- and not because of any exercises I'm doing, but just because of experience and familiarity.

So my suggestion to you is to continue on as you are. Don't try to rush, as you may inadvertently go farther than you're ready for and traumatize yourself, which would set you back much further than what just patiently developing would ever take.

Sincerely,

Sweet Celestial Sounds.

lateralus897

Wow, thank you. That was a very reassuring answer. I thought there was something wrong with my level of concentration or something. It makes so much more sense now too. Thanks.

Zarklon

TOOL!

Whoops... I mean .. I'll give my 2 cents on this one lateralus.. I've experienced the 3d blackness feeling and I have to say that you are definately reaching a good state of trance it sounds like.. whatever you are doing , keep it up.. when I reached that point in my early stages .. the thing that got me past it and finally out of my body was just to mentally say "ok this is ok" and thats it .. not "WHOA YES SWEEEEEEEEEEEEET!!" or "wow this is wierd it feels like...blah blah blah" those are probably not good things to say ..

By me just saying ok .. and not thinking about it much , it allowed my mind to remain calm.. just act bored .. act like you've done it a million times and you dont give a crap that you feel the new feeling .. whether it be 3d blackness or the feeling of rising , misplacement , tingling , anything .. the best thing to say is "ok good" or just "ok whatever" .. nothign to get you excited .. I know it sounds dull but until you realize how to keep that level of trance just acknowledge it and ignore it.. remain calm and allow the next stages to come naturally.. commentating too much on it could

A) make you fall asleep possibly with hypnagogic imagery
B)get you too excited that your pulse quickens and you come out of trance
C)Simply commenting on it too much will make you think about your body and it will bring you out of it

Try not to think about how it feels , just acknowledge that it feels like your in 3D blackness or whatever and just allow it to pass .. This is what I did and soon after , I was getting astral sight and I was fully paralyzed and .. it was very wierd.. I'll admit , it did scare me , it felt like my toes were bending backwards and the first thing I saw was a huge black orb floating above me but that was the only scary experience out of any that I've had .. and I've had a good 15 or so OBEs since. All have been peacefull after that first one.

Good luck , it would help to explain just how you are reaching that 3D blackness stage so we can tell you if its the real thing and also elaborate on the feelings you go through when you reach it and how it ends.
Loving yourself first is the most important step you must take before you can truly love someone else.

Feel free to ask me anything. I'll try to offer advice if I can.

Yahoo IM: Spiritual_guy_19
AIM: ScrotomicBomb

lateralus897

Thanks Zarklon. I'll give that a try next time. How I got into it? I have no method anymore. I used to go by a certain procedure, but not anymore, I kinda just lie down and let what happens happen. This particular experience I am sure this was 3d blackness. I just relaxed and did light energy work for maybe 5minutes, then focused on hypnogogic imagery. I pretty quickly found myself seemingly lying down looking up into blackness just like that of my room, but with a knowing feeling that I was not in my bed anymore. That thought triggered the end of the experience. I think my problem (if indeed it is a problem) is I'm that I'm not used to getting results, I don't really expect anything to happen. Thanks for the response, I'll try keeping calm, but if I can't, I think sweet_celestial_sounds may be right in that I just need to gradually ease myself into these things until I get used to them.

Drepmore

Hello

I think I've experienced this before too, the 3d darkness, its sort of like your eye sockets disappear and your left marvelling at the darkness, didnt realise that its associated with the run up to a projection, thanks for the information!

lateralus897

Just so you're not misinformed, it's not actually a precedent for projecting, it's a precedent for astral phasing. You never actually leave your body, you just enter a realm within your own mind.

jason

one thing I've noticed about the mindstate while in non-physical bodies is the importance of focus,and emotional control.while here in the physical,our thoughts are usually rambling all over the place,however, if you bring that mindset to non-physical bodys and dimensions, before you can even complete a thought, or as soon as you feel an emotion,you are instantly off somewhere else,where you didn't origionally intend to go.
I had that 3d blackness thing a few days ago.I activated my brow and crown chakras,then saw and felt blue sparks of electricity and all kinds of lights.then a tunnel opened and I entered a lucid dream.
The musical conciousness is mind beneath the sun.

lateralus897

I've been making lots of progress lately, but ever since I started having experiences, my mind has always panicked at any experience I have. For example, last night, I experienced 3d blackness for the first time. I felt like i was there. But then, as always, my mind panicked and remembered where my physical body was, back in bed. And that triggered the end of the experience. Is there any way to fix this? Any concentration exercises that would help? Anyone that had this problem and fixed it, how did you do it? Thanks in advance for all your help.