classic exit experience (it's been a while)

Previous topic - Next topic

justin35ll

Hello everyone, it's been a while since I've posted anything on here as my life has been so busy lately and I haven't really been practicing or attempting to have an OBE for a while. Though I do still enjoy having them and do write them down when they do happen. But I figured I'd share this one because after 10 years of having OBE's this is the first time I've had a classic exit like this.

I woke up this morning around 6am from hearing my dad leaving the house for work. I rolled over onto my back and fell back asleep. I usually have OBE's if I lay on back that's just the way I've always been. There wasn't much awareness between now and the time of the OBE, but all of a sudden I found myself in the familiar black void and I felt myself rising. My "eyes" were closed and I could not see, but I had a sense I was getting closer to my ceiling. I briefly gained vision for a moment and realized I was about 2 feet away from my ceiling and still rising. Then I bumped into it. After this I continued on to have a short OBE of flying around outside my house and down the street and just enjoyed the experience.
This is the first time in 10 years and 100 obe's that I rose up and bumped into the ceiling. I've heard of people doing this, but my exits have always been conscious and I usually just push up off my bed or roll off it.

So just figured I'd share and thanks for reading!

astralm

Cool experience thanks for sharing.  That def. falls into the "classic" style obe exit.  I really like the part where you bumped into the ceiling.  I always find things like bumping into objects in an obe state to be slightly funny.  Though perhaps the same could be said for bumping into stuff in physical life.  Reminds me of a saying I heard from a Buddhist teacher.  He pointed to a wall behind him and said "the only reason I can't put my hand through this wall is not because the wall is solid, but because I am."  The power of the mind never ceases to amaze.

Thanks again for sharing and I hope if it is right for your growth you continue to have a resurgence of experiences to share with us.

BTW I'm not sure who the teacher is that quote is from but I heard it as retold by Andrew Holecek in his audible presentation of his book Dream Yoga: The Tibetan Path of Awakening Through Lucid Dreaming.