Research in OBE is almost zero!

Previous topic - Next topic

Kazbadan

It is impossible to:
make appear a moving image of myself inside a box.
to predict weather with 70% of probabilities.
to fly faster than sound.
go to the moon
duplicate another being (animal, plant)
to fly
etc

This is what would think common people and scientist at decads ago. They were completly wrong!

You know, some scientists are afraid of the consequences of being studying obes and that stuff. In their point of view it is an anti-honorable thing to do.

Well, if obes indeed are true, they dont evem imagine they are loosing......(it´s what i think....i never obed).
I love you!

kiauma

Research takes time and money, and often has a financial goal, to develop some pill to cure depression or impotence.  What is the practical application of OBE, and how much can you charge for the pills?  [;)]

What OBE research needs is financial backing.  Then, you couldn't keep them away.
Non semper ea sunt quae videntur.

Kazbadan

Why is dead that program from CIA? Skecptical people says that it is dead because there are not conclusive nor good results on the experiments on remote view.

Is that so ?

that´s bad to listen
I love you!

innerpilot

Sasser,   Things seems to be changing. However slowly. You can contact Nelson Abreu for the latest that's happening. Nelson is founder and President of the Science of Self Club that is quickly spreading to other American Universities. Nelson is at the University of Florida, and just returned from delivering a paper on 'remote viewing' at the University of Arizona's Colloquium on Consciousness. Nelson is probably the very best person to find out the latest on University research as well as other places. His email is Patagao@hotmail.com. You can tell him that innerpilot sent you. He knows me very well.

hannerl

If you have not already heard about Ingo Swann, go to Google and key in his name and you will get a plethora of articles that he has written about the conspiracy of gov't to prevent knowledge of almost anything to do with the Paranormal.  Good reading.  

quote:
Originally posted by Sasser

I have continued my digging into the research of the paranormal and the OBE phenomenon and found the situation to be very poor. There is almost no research being done at the government universitites in the West at all! Not if you compare the research efforts with research of for example psychology.

I published an article about that:
http://www.soultravel.nu/2004/040419-no_progress/

To summarize the situation:
Quote: "That implies that the entire investment (during the last 100 years) in parapsychological research in the United States is equivalent to less than 2 months research in psychology in 1983."

There are reasons for that and those are great economic interests in certain industries such as the pharmaceutical and military industry. The governemnt universiteties are also very unlikely to support this kind of research due to their unwillingness to revise what is considered to be facts. One fact is: the human consciousness cannot exist outside the brain. If the brain is dead there cannot be a consciousness.

That is of course not true.

hannerl

Anyone naive enough to believe that reasearch into the Paranormal, albeit, OBE, WILD, Remote Viewing, etc., is in a sorry state of affairs.  Gov't direct/indirect funding of such research has gone underground with the clear purpose of preventing public awareness of what is really happening. When you read the articles by Ingo Swann and/or Joe McMoneagle you will begin to understand the need for secrecy.
quote:
Originally posted by Sasser

I have continued my digging into the research of the paranormal and the OBE phenomenon and found the situation to be very poor. There is almost no research being done at the government universitites in the West at all! Not if you compare the research efforts with research of for example psychology.

Quote: "That implies that the entire investment (during the last 100 years) in parapsychological research in the United States is equivalent to less than 2 months research in psychology in 1983."

There are reasons for that and those are great economic interests in certain industries such as the pharmaceutical and military industry. The governemnt universiteties are also very unlikely to support this kind of research due to their unwillingness to revise what is considered to be facts. One fact is: the human consciousness cannot exist outside the brain. If the brain is dead there cannot be a consciousness.

Tombo

The question if OBE happen in the brain or outside the body is also very poorly investigated, nor from official labs nor from obeing people all over the word. I can't understand this, since this question is extremly important for various reasons. I actually plan to post an essay why this question is probaly the most important of all.
" In order to arrive at a place you do not know you must go by a way you do not know "

-St John of the Cross

Kazbadan

i think we should be careful on that "gov conspiration theory", becaus emany of then are false, based on self-illusions, mis-interpretations, paranoia, etc.

F.Ex: many people talks on the "moon hoax". They say that man never entered in the moon. Everything was forged on movie studios or something. They even give proofs: Photos that are strange (shadows in wrong directions; the sshadow of one of the astronauts (Buzz? or Neil?) is much more bigger than the other one, etc).

It seems plausible.

Well, the problem is that scientists give more solid counter-proofs (at least it seems...) against the hoax theories (i haven´t read it, only looked at it). F.ex: they explain the shadow problem, arguing that something similar happens on Earth, but in the moon it is more frequent (no atmosphere), and they explain much more things.

[this could be a nice topic seperate from this one itself-very good too].

This is only to show that maybe many conspiration theories are (maybe!) fantasy. If you are an ufologist will see ufos on the first going to the moon videos. If you are a revolutionary, paranoic or something, you will think that it was an hoax; etc. Everybody has it´s self explanation!
I love you!

holy reality

^ agreed...

but still, I wouldn't be surprised if the government is still at least loosely investigating these kinds of things.

i also wouldn't be surprised if they are working on, or have already implemented forms of mind control.

it's possible to see what someone else is seeing via technology, they did it with a cat a while back, there's an article on bbc.com search for "seeing through the eyes of a cat" or something, it's on one of the last pages, if you want to see.

and i've read a lot of articles about how ELF waves can be used to make people hear voices.... whether it's true or not i don't know, but there's a lot of material about it out there.
!..............!

need

It may not seem easy to prove but the truth is every human being is proof of psychic realitites, the reason that we don't seem to know this ,is that we are designed in such a way as to not know it or suspect it much of the time.

Mind control could possibly be everywhere not just in some gov lab, who knows what the truth is. Nobody!?

Even scientists dream hopefully and how do they explain dreams, light in the darkness in the middle of the night where no light should be. Having a dream is not too far from having an obe.

How can any earthly authority restrict psychic reality, how is that possible when we all encapsulate that reality right now and always have done. Can they restrict life.

Also how would it be possible to prove obe, what would you require to do that, some machine to show what is happening, as the person goes travelling.

There's a hospital in England somewhere where they've built a double ceiling, in an operating theatre and a secret sign has been made into the bottom of the double ceiling so that if anyone has an NDE the experiment hopes to see whether anyone can see the sign and describe it or draw it accurately, thus proving that they actually might have had some kind of experience.

But isn't it more likely that if someone does have a provable experience that it would be brushed off with some complex scientific explanation which will deny the psychic side.

What kind of world is that presents the truth as untruth, and untruth as truth, a very changeable one, it changes all the time. May be we need to deny the esp side to get on physically. But certainly many scientists have themselves had bizarre experiences they cannot explain by todays scientific definition.

If scientists proved obe exists, why would we believe them, and how would it help us, or possibly harm us. Do we have to believe everything they tell us . It doesn't surprise me that reasearch is virtually nil, but guess what, we're still dreaming and having experiences.. hopefully the truth will speak for itself at some point.

hannerl

Before you warn us further that we should be careful about the "gov't conspiracy theory", I would expect that you do some in-depth reading on the subject to get yourself more informed[:D].
quote:
Originally posted by Kazbadan

i think we should be careful on that "gov conspiration theory", becaus emany of then are false, based on self-illusions, mis-interpretations, paranoia, etc.

F.Ex: many people talks on the "moon hoax". They say that man never entered in the moon. Everything was forged on movie studios or something. They even give proofs: Photos that are strange (shadows in wrong directions; the sshadow of one of the astronauts (Buzz? or Neil?) is much more bigger than the other one, etc).

It seems plausible.

Well, the problem is that scientists give more solid counter-proofs (at least it seems...) against the hoax theories (i haven´t read it, only looked at it). F.ex: they explain the shadow problem, arguing that something similar happens on Earth, but in the moon it is more frequent (no atmosphere), and they explain much more things.

[this could be a nice topic seperate from this one itself-very good too].

This is only to show that maybe many conspiration theories are (maybe!) fantasy. If you are an ufologist will see ufos on the first going to the moon videos. If you are a revolutionary, paranoic or something, you will think that it was an hoax; etc. Everybody has it´s self explanation!

hannerl

We are not designed not to know.  We are conditioned to know only what those in power want us to know.  Information is power and power with knowledge of awareness is even more powerful. Read some of Ingo Swanns essays.

[:D]
quote:
Originally posted by need

It may not seem easy to prove but the truth is every human being is proof of psychic realitites, the reason that we don't seem to know this ,is that we are designed in such a way as to not know it or suspect it much of the time.

Mind control could possibly be everywhere not just in some gov lab, who knows what the truth is. Nobody!?

Even scientists dream hopefully and how do they explain dreams, light in the darkness in the middle of the night where no light should be. Having a dream is not too far from having an obe.

How can any earthly authority restrict psychic reality, how is that possible when we all encapsulate that reality right now and always have done. Can they restrict life.

Also how would it be possible to prove obe, what would you require to do that, some machine to show what is happening, as the person goes travelling.

There's a hospital in England somewhere where they've built a double ceiling, in an operating theatre and a secret sign has been made into the bottom of the double ceiling so that if anyone has an NDE the experiment hopes to see whether anyone can see the sign and describe it or draw it accurately, thus proving that they actually might have had some kind of experience.

But isn't it more likely that if someone does have a provable experience that it would be brushed off with some complex scientific explanation which will deny the psychic side.

What kind of world is that presents the truth as untruth, and untruth as truth, a very changeable one, it changes all the time. May be we need to deny the esp side to get on physically. But certainly many scientists have themselves had bizarre experiences they cannot explain by todays scientific definition.

If scientists proved obe exists, why would we believe them, and how would it help us, or possibly harm us. Do we have to believe everything they tell us . It doesn't surprise me that reasearch is virtually nil, but guess what, we're still dreaming and having experiences.. hopefully the truth will speak for itself at some point.

BurningAngel

Kazbadan.....ingo swann and joseph mcmoneagle are ex government employees, not random new age joes off the street. They worked for the stargate program back in the 70s....if they say there is a conspiracy there just might be.

Kazbadan

ok, sorry, i didnt knew that. I was just trying to make some general conclusions about theorys of conspiration.
I love you!

Thing

Kazbadan: well you already showed that you are one of those "the man never went to the moon" is there a new one about "you can't clone animals?" hehe

Sasser