Being out of body, but the body still awake.

Previous topic - Next topic

katrinamaria

When I was 9 months old, I got a new baby brother. I had very clear thought at a young age, (Don't ask me why, because I do not exactly know. I could have explained it to you before I turned three though.)

I disliked my little brother from the moment I met him, I really liked being alone and I did not feel like the thing between us as siblings would go very well. I remember feeling jealous, and thinking that he was greedy. After I first met him, I remember leaving my body, *Which went on with life as if I was still in it.*  and coming back to check on myself. If a day was going well, and I saw myself playing well with my brother, I would return. I did not stay in my body constantly until I was a little over two years old, one day I saw myself playing with him on an inside plastic swing, and felt like going back.

Although this does not happen to me anymore, there was one instance where I was in the air, watching my four year old self walk home with my mom from pre-school.

Another thing I have a habit of doing is reminding myself of my age before something shocking or new happens in my life. I told myself I was 7 before something tragic happened in my life, as if I was marking the date.
"Endymion... This time... We'll be born on the same planet... and we'll find happiness."

( ^ Usagi.)

katrinamaria

I would really like to hear comments about this one. I seemed to know what was going on then, but it confuses me now. ;-; Do any of you relate to this experience? Do any of you have a simular experiance? And is there some sort of term for a thing like this happening?
"Endymion... This time... We'll be born on the same planet... and we'll find happiness."

( ^ Usagi.)

Frank

Hi:

That's just the normal transition from subjective to objective reality. When you decide to "leave" you will do the same but in reverse.

Yours,
Frank

katrinamaria

Thank you very much for the reply. I guess I am very novice to not know that yet, but I just did not know what it was. What books would you recomend to me since even something like this is hard for me to understand?

( ^ Usagi.)

Frank

Hi:

I've never actually read any books on it. Virtually all my info comes from my own hands-on research, perhaps someone else may come along and recommend a book to you, or maybe ask a question in the book-reviews section. All children go through a stage of transition. It takes about 8 years or so to become fully integrated within objective reality. During transition, children will still have what you might call a dual awareness of both subjective (inner) and objective (outer) reality.

At some stage they make a switch to become fully integrated within objective reality. This is a case of adopting various mass belief constructs about what people typically call "reality". Basically, the child learns what is, or is not permissable, and most simply fall into alignment with it. Not all, but most do. People who don't we typically call schizophrenic, or one of the myriad of other names we have for people who see and hear things that "aren't there". As this switch is thrown, a kind of "veil" is placed between here and there, so to speak, and the individual becomes fully immersed within the physical.

When you choose to disengage physical focus, you have the same transition but in reverse. There is an area of consciousness set aside for the purposes of the transition action. In my Phasing Model of consciousness I labelled it focus 3 of consciousness. The reverse transition is where you are shaking off the notions of objectivity and adopting a subjective lifestyle again. Whereas when a person is "born" they have to shake off the notions of subjectivity and adopt a fully objective lifestyle.

If you have heard people talk of some kind of up and coming "shift" in consciousness, then what is meant by this is people are moving over to the idea of being immersed within objective reality... while still holding an objective knowing of their actions within subjective reality. We are at the beginning stages of that shift. Some people are calling it the beginning of a New Age and all that gubbins. But basically, all it means is as I've described. No longer will we place a strict "veil" between here and there. Not that there is really any here or there, I use these terms in a manner of speaking.

Yours,
Frank

data

Katrinamaria,

What you described is very similar to few other experiences I have read. What has happened, according to yogic wisdom, is you have become aware of your astral self.

The reason you can both function independently, is because your physical self exists separately from your astral self. Each of your selves have their own distinct personality. Even, at this moment your astral self is engaged in it's own activity and pursuits.

I shared a story of this very recently in another topic. It is told in the Indian epic Ramayana, when Rama's teacher is teaching Rama about egos, he demonstrates this to him by astrally projecting with Rama and their astral bodies overseeing the class, where he shows Rama(astral) how both the teacher and Rama were still functioning independently in the physical. Then the teacher says "Look at that man. He thinks he is a teacher. He thinks he knows. He is an ego"

What you did, was experience through your astral self, which exists in a higher vibratory plane by becoming aware of it. That was you too. Just a more refined and subtle you. Similarly, your astral self is a more refined and subtle version of your mental and casual self. It is not your physical mind that has dualistic awareness. It's your higher self that has dualistic awareness and experiences through the physical and non physical bodies. It is a difficult concept to grasp, I know. Rest assured, your experience is natural and I hope that reassures you. Yes, there is a term for this, it's "astral projection" or in psychology it is called disassociation. This is what happens everytime you project. Your physical self will always retain it's physical consciousness.

I hope this has helped.

katrinamaria

Thank you very much. Both of your replies have help me a lot in understanding what happened.  

data, the story you used was interesting. I haven't heard of it, but it makes a lot of sense.

And as for the schizophrenic thing, that is why I didn't tell my councilor about my childhood.  :mrgreen:  Some people do jump to conclusions pretty fast.  Anyway, if it being a shift in my life is the reason why it only happened a lot when I was little, I feel a lot better. I was starting to think that there were just spots of my childhood where m7y imagination ran a little wild. ^^;

( ^ Usagi.)

Frank

Hi:

We engage in mass belief constructs that say it is alright for a child to have "imaginary friends" and such like, but not adults. An adult we would typically call them "crazy" and such like, but with a child people typically go aww, the child is so creative. Many times people come on and talk about the frustration of being able to remember being able to focus within aother areas in consciousness as a child, but now they find it difficult. So you are definitely not alone in your thinking. It would appear to be a fairly common thing.

Yours,
Frank

katrinamaria

He he he... That is funny! And people wonder why they go through a midlife crisis, oh why they are not doing as well with something as they want to.

I try to come up with at least something to help my imagination every once in awhile. Although it is difficult to believe that an imaginary friend is real, I like to make up a little something to see how creative I can be, and then I make little games out of it after wards.

I mostly do that because I am into writing, and creative writing is a LOT easier when you give yourself a little help.   :D

I think I know where my frustrations are coming from now. I guess I am going to have to have patience and work hard to get back to the point where I want to be. ^^

( ^ Usagi.)

Adun

When Frank mentioned Schizophrenia I got curious because I never read what the symptoms are so I did a little search. It seems "psychiatrists and other mental health professionals" divide Schizophrenia into 5 subtypes, i got a big laugh at the "Residual Type":

"A type of Schizophrenia in which the following criteria are met:
-Absence of prominent delusions, hallucinations, disorganized speech, and grossly disorganized or catatonic behavior.
-There is continuing evidence of the disturbance, as indicated by the presence of negative symptoms or two or more symptoms listed in Criterion A for Schizophrenia, present in an attenuated form (e.g., odd beliefs, unusual perceptual experiences)."

Why didn't anyone told me this was a forum for schizophrenic people? :lol:

data

Odd beliefs,  does not mean spiritual beliefs, it usually means paranoid delusions or delusions of grandeur.

I don't know what unusual perceptual experiences mean, but I would imagine it means seeing distorted reality.

So, I don't think most of us count as schizophrenic :D

katrinamaria

I know a druggie that sees a distorted reality every Monday at 4:20 and every Friday at three in the morning, but I do not think it is a mental disorder. I sometimes wonder if the reason why so many people think they are sick when they are not is a result from overly common symptoms.   :cry:

( ^ Usagi.)

data

I don't think they are overly common symptoms. However, as you said, it does not necessarily mean seeing distorted reality is a mental disorder. However, if you continue to experience a time lag, or a warped view of reality, it could be because of a mental imbalance.

Really anything kind of distortion of perceptive reality, that unables one to function properly in the real world, is most likely a mental disorder.

Schizophrenics tend to have very bizarre views of reality, and the line between their imagination and reality becomes blurred. They may actually start to see their nightmares/fears or fantasies come to life. For instance, they may try diffusing bombs in the middle of the street, or may run around taking cover from invading UFOs firing plasma beams everywhere. Yes, none of it is real, but to them it's as real as anything is real to us.

I wouldn't say it was some metaphysical experience. As in they are becoming aware of dimensions where UFO's really are firing plasma beams at us. It's just their imagination running haywire and manifesting their thoughts. It sounds a bit similar to manifesting thoughts in the astral planes.

However, I am not sure if your manifested thoughts in the astral, can actually be observed by others.

katrinamaria

I would be careful to get anything unusual checked. If I see help for a problem however, I tend to not to say anything about OBEs, AP, Ghosts, are anything that people are skeptical about. If you tell them about things like that, you could end up labeled with something you do not have. Damn, that is messed up. I can't believe that even with so much credible proof, the people who don't believe in something call it crazy.

( ^ Usagi.)

Krevency

katrinamaria

It may be funny, but it is serious. (Serious face.) (Seriously serious face.) (Not faking it.) (DAMN! YOU CAUGHT ME FAKING!)

I have had help that wanted to critisize more than help though, it is something to look out for.

( ^ Usagi.)

catmeow

Hi katrinamaria

Here are  some examples of OBE which occurred whilst the OBE'r was physically awake and very active (from Celia Green's book Out-of-the-Body-Experiences).  It's actually quite common!

QuoteThe next I registered, was of hearing the sound of my heels very hollowly and I looked down and watched myself walk round the bend of Beaumont St. into Walton St. I - the bit of me that counts - was up on a level with Worcester College chapel. I saw myself very clearly - it was summer evening and I was wearing a sleeveless shantung dress. I remember thinking "so that's how I look to other people."
QuoteIf I remember rightly, I was reading a book or newspaper at the time, when suddenly I had a queer floating feeling, and I found myself looking down at the room, and seeing everyone sitting there, including myself.
QuoteI was sitting at the rear of the bus looking out through the window when without warning I found myself looking at myself from the stairs of the bus. All my senses sight feelings and so on seemed to be on the stairs only my actual body remained at the seat.
QuoteI suddenly found "myself" suspended bodiless in the air behind my typing figure - about eight feet behind, two feet to the actual left, and four feet above actual height.
QuoteI was driving in a generally N Easterly direction along the right-hand lane of the Autobahn... when I became conscious that I was also about 15-20 feet above the roadway and to my right, watching myself, my passenger, the bicycle, my luggage (I could see it all) riding along the road. I cannot say how long this lasted - it seemed quite a long time... I shivered violently and returned to myself when I stopped the bicycle and told my friend why
Quote...as I settled myself, switched on the engine, let in the gear, I seemed to fill with horror because I simply wasn't in the car at all, I was settled firmly on the roof watching myself and despite a fearsome mental struggle to get back into myself, I was unable to do so and carried out the whole test, (30 mins?) watching the body part of me making every sort of fool of myself that one could possibly manage in a limited time
catmeow
The bad news is there's no key to the Universe. The good news is it's not locked. - Swami Beyondananda