How I Got Out For The First Time

Previous topic - Next topic

CFTraveler

I worded it different on edit.  So, 'word', or not.  Lol.

Fresco

I'd just like to know how the heck I can turn that hum into an OBE or AP

Xanth

Too much 'word' going around these days. LOL

CFTraveler

Quote from: Fresco on December 02, 2010, 01:13:16
I'd just like to know how the heck I can turn that hum into an OBE or AP
You don't.  You 'synch' up with your brain frequencies in which you get into a trance state.  How you know it is when you can separate tones and start discerning thoughts from the noise and possibly hearing voices, you've entered the trance state.  Then from there you use whatever technique suits you.

eflynn

Quote from: Fresco on December 01, 2010, 19:20:30
Can you give us more tips on what to do exactly?? 
All you do is focus on the ringing, and thats it??  Or is there more to it then that??

I've gone through several versions of this, from having no success listening to the ringing while trying to keep my mind still, to listening to the ringing while reaching out for vibrations Robert Monroe style, to just doing nothing but listening to the ringing and letting it happen.  My personal opinion is that the whole key to this is to somehow actually get yourself to fall asleep (really asleep, not just really relaxed) while maintaining just enough awareness in your mind to be aware of what's going on.  If you can do that, everything else seems to just happen naturally. 

I think focussing on the ringing is a really good way to keep your awareness alive while falling asleep.  What you can do while you're concentrating on the ringing is try to make it progressively louder.  This is hard to explain but I think it just comes down to the level of concentration you are giving to the sound.  The more or harder I focus on it, the louder it gets, and louder is good because the vibrations have never kicked in for me until the sound was very loud in my head.  Eventually, the ringing just turns into vibrations, starting at my head and running down to my feet.  Once that happens, if you can keep from getting excited and waking up, you should have an AP. While feeling the vibrations, you can use one of the seperation methods talked about on this site like the rollout, or just imagine a place you want to be in your mind and you should be there (I like this way better, it's easier and it doesn't feel so weird like physically seperating from your body).   

If you're laying there and focussing on the ringing and it's getting loud but nothing's happening, the Monroe way of reaching out with your awareness to pull the vibrations in has worked for me as well.  But honestly, I think it's just a matter of patience and letting it happen. 

eflynn

Quote from: Fresco on December 01, 2010, 19:13:13
Is the ringing in the ears the actual vibrations of the universe??  Or is it something else?

I've always just assumed it was the normal biological processes going on in our heads.  I've always been able to hear this ringing sound, even when I was little and had no clue what an AP was.  I can hear it even in a crowded room if I try to.  Otherwise, I don't even notice it.  It's always there, I just don't normally pay any attention to it. It makes sense to me that if there are biological processes going on in our heads and inner-ear areas where vibrations are turned into signals and sent to our brains to interpret as sound that there would be some kind of noise we could tune into.   

Fresco

Yup, I tried it last night and focusing on the beep in your ear does bring up very mild vibrations.  I mustve fallen asleep cause I dont remember what happened after 15 minutes or so.  Its also not easy to keep focusing on the earbeep because the mind thends to wander.

I suggest from now on we call it the "earbeep" for lack of better terminology  :-P

CFTraveler

I've been calling it 'earhiss' for years and don't plan to change it.

personalreality

tinnitus.

granted tinnitus is used to describe a disorder, but the disorder is just an intensified version of this ear hiss sound.  so tinnitus works.
be awesome.

AlanRK

CFTraveler

It sort of reminds me of the coneheads (vintage snl) going 'meep' 'meep'.

Fresco

I wonder if the guy who runs this website uses the same earbeep method to achieve AP: http://soundcurrentrider.com/

The term Sound Current rider does seem to suggest this

Fresco

Have a look at this guy's website and tell me if you agree with his findings regarding the astral planes:

http://www.rickrichards.com/Astral.html

AlanRK

Quote from: Fresco on December 08, 2010, 23:08:46
Have a look at this guy's website and tell me if you agree with his findings regarding the astral planes:

His experiences are legit and I can say I've experienced things pretty much exactly like what he experienced in regards to his negative encounter. I think the conclusions he has drawn from his one negative experience are foolish and not very informed or objective. His experiences are fine, but like many people he has assumed a great many things and as a result his conclusions are flawed heavily. It's quite sad, as it seems like he's one of the many people who starts out but then has one negative experience and is too afraid to project again. It's mind-blowing how much of a disservice these people do to themselves by reacting out of fear like this.

Fresco

I had a dream I was at Drew Barrymore's house last night (yes THE Drew Barrymore).  apparently I was suffering from my bad back and she gave me flexeril muscle relaxers.  Damn, I have the weirdest dreams  :-P.  And no, unfortunately I didnt get to sleep with her  :cry:

Xanth

Quote from: Fresco on December 08, 2010, 23:08:46

I've just started reading it, but I'd like to point out some really keen variables that I feel illustrate some of my points nicely.
He does make some good points that I wish to show here... they're just not points that he knew he was making.  :)

He says:
QuoteUp I soared, but as I flew higher and higher, I started feeling a little apprehensive. High in the atmosphere, I entered some clouds, became disoriented, then somewhat scared. It was at that very moment when I felt scared that I returned to my body.
This is a perfect example of what NOT to do.  He opened his emotions here, obviously unknowingly, and it caused his return.
If he had kept that "apprehensive" in check, he wouldn't have become disoriented, and if he didn't become disoriented he wouldn't have become "somewhat scared"... ending his experience.  He actually would have made it to the moon just fine had he not let his emotions overtake his experience.

This is another great illustration of why you shouldn't let your thoughts get away from you:
QuoteThen, just as I was about to walk through the door, someone or something grabbed my neck from behind. Something was holding me back. Whoever or whatever it was, had me by my throat, as if trying to strangle me.
This is where his troubles began... his thoughts of being "held back" and something trying to "strangle me" really did him in here.
It's VERY IMPORTANT to not jump to conclusions when you're projecting.  This can be very hard to do because we're generally used to doing it here in the physical.

QuoteI turned and fell to the floor. I tried to get up but all my efforts were in vain. Suddenly, I couldn't breath. I started making sounds as if I was choking, albeit I felt no pain or suffering. 'Something is very wrong,' I thought, scared. I turned and tried to crawl back to my bed but I still could not move; The only thing I could manage to do was turn my head and see the foot of my bed.
At this point he's just making things even worse.  Unfortunately, at this point, he's also too far gone that trying to recover from this "fear loop" would be almost impossible.  He'd have to first calm down... and that's not gonna happen.

QuoteI intuitively felt whoever or whatever was holding me down was trying to "KILL" me, or something must be wrong with my physical body. I was scared, very scared. I wanted to return to my physical body. But I couldn't move.

After struggling with this strange paralysis and choke hold for what seemed like about 10 seconds, I finally decided to just completely relax and "will" myself back to my body. A few seconds later, I felt the weight of my physical body. I woke up and immediately felt my face. I remember recalling my name to be sure it was still me inside my body. It was.
Obviously, he was in no real danger the entire time.  His own thoughts and 'conclusion jumping' caused the experience he had.  The only good thing that came out of this was that he DID relax enough to shift back to his body.  But *ALL* of this could have been avoided had he understood beforehand that THOUGHT = DIRECT ACTION.

This is what I try to teach here on the Astral Pulse and is KEY to having enjoyable and spiritually growing experiences.

I'll read on... and perhaps post some more stuff I find in regards to this website if I find more stuff to point out that I feel should assist people in understanding astral mechanics.

EDIT: Ah, reading on... this guy seems to have the "mystical" view of the astral... he seems to be terrified of certain things, and through that, I can totally understand why he thinks the way he does.  IN MY OPINION, he has no firm understanding of what he's doing.  This is why I feel the Astral Pulse is miles ahead of most places.  You're in no danger on the Astral... simple as that really.  The only danger is that which you unwittingly create for yourself.

Fresco

I'm not so much interested in his fears, much more interested in what you guys think of his interpretations re: the astral planes.  
I especially liked the part where he realizes some religions actually get off on watching people 'burn in hell", when really its just a creation of their mind (and messed up interpretation of scriptures)

Xanth

Quote from: Fresco on December 09, 2010, 16:37:23
I'm not so much interested in his fears, much more interested in what you guys think of his interpretations re: the astral planes.  
I especially liked the part where he realizes some religions actually get off on watching people 'burn in hell", when really its just a creation of their mind (and messed up interpretation of scriptures)
I figured I'd take the opportunity to use it as a learning experience for people wondering.  :)

But yeah...
I don't care for his conclusions.  :)

AlanRK

Mmmm, on the other hand what he experienced could have been another entity which had the intention to scare him away from the astral. I've had very similar experiences to what he has had, but at no point did I feel I was in any danger whatsoever, and the last thing on my mind was a fear for my physical body/detachment from the physical body (such myths are pure fantasized, romanticized nonsense, IMO). He was never in any danger, but I can understand why his fear might have gone into overdrive and persuade him to draw those bad conclusions. Such experiences are immensely painful, I won't lie about that, but honestly it's not "that" bad. Compared to pain here in the physical, it is bearable, it's more shocking than traumatizing, and you can return to your body at the speed of thought. He may make of his experiences what he wishes, but he has no right making presumptious conclusions and then spreading them around on what some might take as a reputable source.

shanifr

okay, so like... I've tried, and I always fall asleep.  A deep sleep.  A sleep from which I do not gain consciousness again for at least four hours, regardless of whether or not I was tired when I began trying.  You have no idea how much sleep I've received lately because of this.  I think I'm just so excited to astral project that I can't do it.  Then, I read this... and you say exactly that!  I need to try not to think about doing it...but that's SO difficult for me!  I have no idea how I'm supposed to not be so excited.  Also, I've heard that other astral bodies can help me out of my body when I'm in the vibrational state...so I was wondering if any of you would be so kind as to help me out tonight?? haha

astralnaut1

hey i knew this method before and i think i know why it doesnt work for many people. personally i tried this, but got usually into sleep.... i think i should practise meditation.  Here what should help, before trying this method do not watch TV, internet  videos or any kind of cartoonish images .... keep your mind away from visual pollution. Why? well because when you will lay on your bed and try this method your mind will bombard you with all kinds of images you saw. Those images work like hooks, the more sleepy you feel the more these images will draw your attention and "hook" you ... then you will slip to dream. Just keep your mind as clear as possible

goodluck all  :-)
mental layer by layer combat sux

MHCS

Quote from: personalreality on February 19, 2010, 10:04:51
I really don't want to knock RB, I just feel like he made something that's really kind of simple a lot harder than it had to be.  Personally that created fear in me that caused me to forget more shadow memories.  (mostly dreams)  I was so worried about remembering that I remembered to remember but forgot what I was supposed to remember. 

That's it!!!! Bed time in a few hours...Can't wait...

Georgit0

Been trying for so many years... Tonight I'm gonna try it. Wish me good luck.

Georgit0

Ok Just found out about the Tinitus while using those foam earbuds but there was a time where I wasn't able to hear the Tinitus sound and somehow I wasn't able to fall asleep. After some time I fell asleep but nothing happened..  :oops:

Deanwttck

I read a post called " how I got out for the first time" and thought it was a wonderful read, offering a different perspective on getting out. I have a ton of vivid dreams, 1 or2 lucid dreams, thats it. I've been trying for 3. Years with no results to have a  OBE , and belive m e ,it's not for lack of trying. I was hoping others could give their experiences on how they got out for the first time, their  method, time of day , etc. I know others who project easily make it sound so simple like : wake up, don't move,keep eyes closed, and poof, your out! For others like myself, it's not that easy, having tried that method, plus many others. If others could respond on how they got out for the first time, it would be really appreciated by myself and countless others who are struggling with this issue. Thanks: dean