How I Got Out For The First Time

Previous topic - Next topic

Anemani

Quote from: personalreality on March 03, 2010, 14:13:48
Also, I'm not saying that you can't have spirituality in religion, I think that's the silliest attempt at separation by "new agers" (no offense intended).  But there is a difference between carrying out your practice for spiritual pursuits and following dogma because you're told it's morally right and because your community does it.
I have to do this in secret. I can not be open about it, because my parents would not understand and I would get in trouble...  ^^ so I am sort of the oddball

Fresco

Quote from: Anemani on March 03, 2010, 15:11:41
I have to do this in secret. I can not be open about it, because my parents would not understand and I would get in trouble...  ^^ so I am sort of the oddball
You have to do what in secret??  AP'ing??

Anemani

Yep. ^^" heh heh. I can only be open about on here and with my friend

Fresco

Quote from: Anemani on March 03, 2010, 15:40:12
Yep. ^^" heh heh. I can only be open about on here and with my friend
Are you parents fundamentalist Christians??  Muslims??  What are they??

Anemani

Pentecostal so am I but I am more understanding about things because of the way I grew up. I was not always Pentecostal though.

Anemani

I wanted to bring the shaking part back up.  :lol:
When I get to this point, the shaking does not feel like it is my body that is doing so, but more of my mind. It is weird and I hope I am explaining this right. Is this when you are very close to exited? like you should be able to do it then?

personalreality

I'm secure in my search and it just upsets me terribly when I have to hear from a fellow human being that they are afraid to practice what they want because they will be reprimanded or punished and that they think they are weird because of it.  You are not weird, you are a pioneer of your generation, you have the right to be secure in your search for meaning, and damn anyone who tells you otherwise.  I don't care what you do, so long as you have a genuine interest in your experience of life you do whatever you have to do in order to feel that. But don't ever tell you neighbor that the way they "touch God" is wrong. EVER. And don't ever let anyone make you feel weird for expressing your quest for the mystery.
be awesome.

Fresco

Quote from: Anemani on March 03, 2010, 15:45:18
Pentecostal so am I but I am more understanding about things because of the way I grew up. I was not always Pentecostal though.
If your parents ever do give you a hard time for AP'ing remind them of 2 Kings and the story of Elisha who was AP'ing himself. 
Unless they feel Elisha is spending eternity in hell right now for it, something I dont believe btw

Anemani

missym

I always believed in God and the Bible.  No way life on earth formed by itself, and nobody is gonna tell me differently.
I always get a good laugh at atheists when they try to explain their half-baked theories on evolution and how it all started by itself

lol, I'm an evolutionist, but still believe that the 'higher power' created the first cell from which we all began, and we were gifted with abilities (imagination, desire, consciousness).
I wouldn't go so far as to call the atheists theory 'half-baked'(just because somebody might be offended at the term - even though this forum generally follows the belief of surviving the physical death)... although I don't buy it either. :wink:
Bring into play the divine within you, so on the stage of life you can fulfill your high destined role.

missym

PR, while meditating/practicing AP, does it suddenly look like somebody lit a lighbulb right in front of your eyes?
I've been doing a variation of your method for awhile, and at the point where I'm just about asleep everything turns bright red behind my eyes.
Bring into play the divine within you, so on the stage of life you can fulfill your high destined role.

personalreality

No, but that's not to say it's not relevant or important.  I have noticed that kind of thing though when I hear loud noises.  I don't really react to them, but a light flashes in my eyes every time.  (not astral noises, but like the cat knocking something over)

Anemani,

I haven't heard anyone describe the sensation as shaking before.

Do you feel like your body is swaying or do you feel like you're vibrating or buzzing?

Either way it can be a sensation associated with exiting, only the difference is where in the exit you are.  If it's buzzing then you're in the process of exiting.  If it's swaying then that's your "energy body" starting to loosen up and you're close to moving out, you just need to focus your consciousness down to almost nothing, to where you're almost asleep.
be awesome.

Anemani

I feel the vibrations and then my body feels like I have just been shifted up. that is usually where it stops, but there where times that after that I start to feel like my mind is shaking yet it feels more physical and not in my head... but in my mind... @.@ if that makes sense.

personalreality

My theory is that you feel the buzzing as you move from physical to non-physical, because you have nothing concrete/stable to focus on in-between, so you perceive the shifting energy (and energy moves in waves at particular frequencies).  If you have felt the buzzing, maybe you feel it increase then you feel/hear a pop, then feel like you're rising or floating but not going anywhere else, at that point you just need to roll over or somersault and you're out.
be awesome.

Fresco

Quote from: personalreality on March 03, 2010, 18:04:03
My theory is that you feel the buzzing as you move from physical to non-physical, because you have nothing concrete/stable to focus on in-between, so you perceive the shifting energy (and energy moves in waves at particular frequencies).  If you have felt the buzzing, maybe you feel it increase then you feel/hear a pop, then feel like you're rising or floating but not going anywhere else, at that point you just need to roll over or somersault and you're out.
How long does it usually take you from the time you start till the time you exit??
One hour?? 2 hours?? Longer??

personalreality

It's odd, it takes almost exactly 1 1/2 hours everytime.  I lay down at say 5:00pm and I'm up by 6:30, like clockwork.

As for how long it takes to get from laying down to exit, I couldn't tell you.  I don't know how long the projections really last.  I mean if the time were the same I would say I've been out of the body max 5 minutes (in astral time).  So if it carries over, then it takes me 1 hr and 25 minutes to get out.  I'm not so sure it works like that though.

be awesome.

Anemani

O.O that was weird. I felt like my body was lifted just a bit above me and I could not really feel (I was kind of hurting, but it stopped)... well i tried to do a to roll out, but it did not work, so i thought maybe I am not ready.. but then I decided to try and lift up my hand. When I did  I felt this strong tingling sensation and I was moving my hand very slowly... It felt like my hand was still on my bed, but at the same not. I jumped up and the feeling went away O.O I have no clue if I was doing anything or just moving my physical hand..... but it felt extremely weird!!! My body feel cool right now, especially my hands.

missym

When I did  I felt this strong tingling sensation and I was moving my hand very slowly... It felt like my hand was still on my bed, but at the same not

I get this all the time! At the same time this happens, it feels like my face is going inside of the bed, it's really amazing. Although I don't know exactly what this is, I'm hoping it's progress! :lol:

Fresco

Another interesting side-effect of AP'ing is I'm seeing light and colors much brighter

Anemani

I can not wait until I start up again. I want to see how far I can go. ^^ I am not afraid to do it I just get to excited and start flipping out over the small stuff. ^^"
lol I have not been seeing lights in brighter colors, but I have had some pretty weird dreams.

Tiny

Quote from: Anemani on March 03, 2010, 22:48:31
I can not wait until I start up again. I want to see how far I can go. ^^ I am not afraid to do it I just get to excited and start flipping out over the small stuff. ^^"
lol I have not been seeing lights in brighter colors, but I have had some pretty weird dreams.

i like your avatar, wondering if that would be you when coming out of the body.
"He never speaks but he understands thinks higher than a manHes living in The northern lights In winter everlasting He travels around Big drum in his hand And he knows what you have in your mind Theres always wolf within That leads him down And back home"

Purusha

This is very interesting.

I have had 'sleep paralysis' many times, as a child, and onwards. Basically, I would be lying in bed and without falling asleep simply find myself unable to move my body in what looks like my room, though usually some things are a little different. When in this state lying on my bed, I hear the OOMMMMMMM, the loud ringing, and what feels like vibrations or buzzing as you say running throughout my body. In this state I have experimented. I have found that 'relaxing' and sort of just sinking into the vibrations (they actually can feel quite pleasant), the vibrations will increase and the ringing will get very very loud. This usually disconcerts me and then I will myself to wake up (a task very difficult when younger). I have tried to go out before, but usually the vibrations and ringing just gets very loud and then I cannot relax anymore though from reading what you said I realize I was actually focusing on the feelings in the body. So I will have to try differently next time. Either way, I could definitely see this working... to tell you the truth, I usually fear this state because of how scary it was when I was a kid experiencing lying in bed in a paralyzed body with nightmare forms playing around the room. I become stronger however, and I believe I could try this. Thanks for sharing.  :-D

Anemani

Quote from: Tiny on March 03, 2010, 23:22:27
i like your avatar, wondering if that would be you when coming out of the body.
I have no clue. I will tell you when I get out. I half to calm myself down right now. ^^" to excited and it is not working for me because of that at all basically. Someone did tell me one of my spirit animals was a wolf, but I have not met any of them, They said it was a grayish white.

I used to have this reoccurring nightmare in which I was laying flat on my back. My vision was blurry around the edges of my eyes and all I could see in front of my eyesight was white like from a ceiling. I was full conscious during the dream and realized that I could not move. I tried so hard and I could feel my body jerking but it was like it could not do what I was commanding it to, so I would try to scream for help, but my screams were on the inside since I could not even move my mouth. After a while my body would finally jerk and start moving. The position I woke up in was the same one from the dream and I would sit up and start crying. Then I would calm down try to go back to sleep, once it almost happened twice, but my alarm went off before it started. ^^ I hated that dream so much, not being able to move and desperately trying to get myself awake. It was like I was trapped.

kurtykurt42

Quote from: personalreality on March 01, 2010, 22:15:24
However, I can now AP regularly at will.  By at will I mean that every time I lay down to do my practice I AP.  I can't just stand up and say "AP!" and poof I'm out of my body.  But any time I lay down I can get out, provided I practice under the right conditions.  I have tried to AP a couple times with adverse outcomes, but I really should have known better than to practice then anyway, I was really sore, tired, and my mind was really fatigued.  It's not really that hard once you get the hang of it. 

Can you project into the real time zone at will?

If so we should try projecting at the same time to see if we can see each other.