New experiences vs. out of body experiences

Previous topic - Next topic

psychonaut

I was just thinking how my OBEs (not AP or dream) only happen after a new experience. (Something that you have never done before, or has never happened to you.)  I mean an experience truly new happens before you go OB. I've been "out" four/five times in my life (of body  :-P), and I'm pretty sure each time something truly unique happened sometime soon before. (don't know about one or two of them...)

Anyways, I was just wondering if anyone has noticed this too? Or has anyone here had an OBE after just a plain ol' normal day of nothing truly new?

Or maybe I'm just curious about what types of experiences people have, as in emotionally,physically, mentally before the have an OBE. Is there a consistency? I've read a few books on APs and OBEs but few seem to talk much at all about this. Maybe a bit personal?

Maybe I should just keep reading about peoples favorite techniques?
my brains are scrambled. my head's an egg.

jalef

hmm, i didnt exprience such a thing. the only special athing about the days i have obes are the obes :-)
The truely wise man knows that he knows nothing!
  - Confuzius

DH

Quote from: psychonaut on January 25, 2007, 02:15:09
I was just thinking how my OBEs (not AP or dream) only happen after a new experience. (Something that you have never done before, or has never happened to you.)  I mean an experience truly new happens before you go OB....... Maybe I should just keep reading about peoples favorite techniques?

I think it happened once.  I had just gotten the news about a new job before I went OB.  Ususally any kind of emotional excitement (whether stress or great joy) is more of a hindrance to me. I have a harder time of focussing.  By all means keep reading.  There are lots of people's experiences online and in books.  DH
God created the Universe for His 7th grade science project -- and got a C.     - Swami Beyondananda