"Side effects" of APing on physical body after it's all over

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

GrumpyRabbit

This may have been discussed elsewhere, but I'm wondering if many of you find that APing is seriously draining. Since starting to AP regularly a month ago, I've been going through a hypersomnia phase. Last night I "slept" 15 hours! And a lot of that was in and out twilight lucid dreaming that didn't quite feel like deep, restful sleep.

I do have a chronic illness, but normally I'm on the side of waking up too early and not being able to fall back asleep. So this pattern is unusual for me. Does APing affect anyone else like this? And if so, is it a phase that will pass, or is it always like this? Recommendations to "deal" with it?

Lumaza

Quote from: GrumpyRabbit on July 05, 2020, 00:00:24
This may have been discussed elsewhere, but I'm wondering if many of you find that APing is seriously draining. Since starting to AP regularly a month ago, I've been going through a hypersomnia phase. Last night I "slept" 15 hours! And a lot of that was in and out twilight lucid dreaming that didn't quite feel like deep, restful sleep.

I do have a chronic illness, but normally I'm on the side of waking up too early and not being able to fall back asleep. So this pattern is unusual for me. Does APing affect anyone else like this? And if so, is it a phase that will pass, or is it always like this? Recommendations to "deal" with it?
I hate being the only one answering your questions here!  :-( There are other members here. They are just busy doing other things at the moment. I have and do still experience what you asked about, so I will answer this to the best of my own knowledge, based on my own experiences.

Yes, I find that at time I am depleted after a NPR experience. I have had LDs that many times would set my mood for the entire day, sometimes the entire week.

When I finish a Phase session, I now have to give myself some time to re acclimate myself to my physical body. I have gotten up to fast from the tub, just to find that I was dizzy or woozy. I see this happening because of the shift in brain wave activity. Meditation/APing/Phasing has a lot to do with lowering the brainwave frequency, bordering on the state of sleep. I have found that a constant almost daily practice does actually give you the ability to not only switch the frequency on demand, but also hold the state for lengthy periods of time.

I also find times during the day where I just need to lie down and relax. When that happens, I do. Recommendations to deal with it? Get used to it. Let it become your new normal.

I have had to get used to other things that I found to be a problem where this practice was concerned. One would be when I went to go to sleep at night. I would close my eyes and automatically "noticing" would kick in. Some nights it took me hours to fall unconsciously asleep. This did though have a silver lining because it also taught me Tibetan Dream Yoga. I have Trigeminal Neuralgia too, so that aided the Tibetan Dream Yoga teachings as well. There were nights where I had to hold onto the left side of my face as I attempted to go to sleep. The spasms can get that bad at times!
"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."  Nicolai Tesla

omcasey

Hi GrumpyRabbit - Lumaza . .

The thing I found in the beginning is that the conscious mind is inherently intertwined with the physical body. So as we are consciously going out, a greater quantity and quality of information and energy is likewise coming into the physical system. Greater quantities and qualities of information and energy are being processed through the physical system. This often, in my own case led to the need to drink a good deal more water than usual. It led to effortless alterations in the diet *I quit eating meat without even realizing it until years later as an example. During the phase ( years ) of awakening into the greater states, of steady, regular OBEs / APs, rest is certainly critical because integration of experiences is critical. I am someone who already rested a lot, who enjoyed ample awareness of the inner fields and synched in with them without debate. But - yes - I can see how one who is generally active and engaged in the physical field to a greater degree, who limits time spent in the non-physical or otherwise in states of rest and relaxation....will get pulled in - more.

There is so much that does happen. I wrote this some time ago :

Transfer Value Effects of the OBE on Physical Reality

♥︎

Lumaza

Quote from: omcasey on July 06, 2020, 23:31:28
Hi GrumpyRabbit - Lumaza . .

The thing I found in the beginning is that the conscious mind is inherently intertwined with the physical body. So as we are consciously going out, a greater quantity and quality of information and energy is likewise coming into the physical system. Greater quantities and qualities of information and energy are being processed through the physical system. This often, in my own case led to the need to drink a good deal more water than usual. It led to effortless alterations in the diet *I quit eating meat without even realizing it until years later as an example. During the phase ( years ) of awakening into the greater states, of steady, regular OBEs / APs, rest is certainly critical because integration of experiences is critical. I am someone who already rested a lot, who enjoyed ample awareness of the inner fields and synched in with them without debate. But - yes - I can see how one who is generally active and engaged in the physical field to a greater degree, who limits time spent in the non-physical or otherwise in states of rest and relaxation....will get pulled in - more.

There is so much that does happen. I wrote this some time ago :

Transfer Value Effects of the OBE on Physical Reality

♥︎
Thank You for your informative reply here and joining in the conversation here. I had read that linked blog of yours already in the past and do agree with what you said in it. I particularly enjoyed this new blog of yours. It answers the question why so many people have problems with this practice in general.
https://consciousnessexploration.com/2019/12/11/the-central-nervous-system-your-back-body-guard/

I also find myself quite thirsty after my Phase soak sessions. Thirsty and hungry. I usually will have some kind of healthy snack then.

We eat a lot of chicken here. We basically gave up the red meat years ago. Salads, chicken and potatoes are on the menu quite a bit here. Once in awhile MJ will make a few burgers, but that doesn't happen often. Living in Minnesota here as we do, we eat a lot of fish as well. Fresh fish, can't beat that!  :-)
"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."  Nicolai Tesla

omcasey

Ah! - hungry!, yes . .

Prior to coming fully alert to my years of conscious shift, I was in fact being walked to the kitchen in the night to raid the refrigerator. I honestly can't believe how long this went on before I caught on to the fact it was happening. I was not waking to do it. It could be called 'sleep' walking. - but, to the point, FOOD was needed for fuel/energy in order for the events to continue. They were consuming this much. The alterations to the system which inevitably took place, eliminated the further need for food during the events taking place through the night. Following this, so long as I drank enough WATER during the day hours events would occur steadily, regularly every night and day for 4 years. At which point the edge of what was possible at this time had been reached. - and a new leg of the journey / transformation began.

Thanks for kudos on the latest article..  :-) they write themselves more than ever now-a-days.

It was a fun one, and very relevant to this topic also. yes.


Also ~

Nothing wrong with meat, I was raised on it, steak and eggs for breakfast.. It is a part of the diet until it isn't.

As with all other forms of sustaining oneself.

All fresh foods are wonderful. ♥︎


🍃

LightBeam

Quote from: Lumaza on July 06, 2020, 23:46:40
Salads, chicken and potatoes are on the menu quite a bit here.

Just stay away from fried chicken lol. Working in medical research, we always have to read stats on every new indication we test new meds for. Stats on areas where diseases are more prevalent. Guess where in the US are the unhealthiest people. The south where everything is deep fried.

By the way, to stay on topic, I am in the category of feeling energized after APs. I feel drained and hungry though ONLY when I do healing sessions from awake state. All of my APs though are from sleep state, perhaps that makes a difference in energy flow.
"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem."
Captain Jack Sparrow

omcasey

If a full synchronization of the waves and systems has not occurred, I would agree the way the energy is patterned and processed is likely different between the states. I am energized by my ( OBE / AP ) experiences also - but as that extra energy is processed through the body there can in turn be the bodily experience of "feeling that"  :-) and also of very much desiring to call in the waves and get back IN there. It all acclimates and levels out over time, and with experience. It is as with anything, the more you do it the easier it is and the better you get at it.

Woo hoo!

Lumaza

Quote from: omcasey on July 07, 2020, 00:55:34
Thanks for kudos on the latest article..  :-) they write themselves more than ever now-a-days.
Your welcome!  :-) That praise was deserved!  :-)

I know what you mean about them writing themselves. It seems nowadays all we need to do is close our eyes and something just seems to be there. The sense of "knowing" is incredibly strong as well. I think that comes from finally unpackaging many of those subconscious transmissions that we seem to be experiencing. Not all of them are "subconscious" though. I prefer the consciously aware ones, like the ones I get while in my Phase soak sessions. But I stay open to learning and understanding more in any way that "They" seem to choose fit. As you already know "They" could be singular in nature or a collective thought stream. I also use the word "They" to title the system of "structure" that is found in the "Otherwheres".
"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."  Nicolai Tesla

Lumaza

Quote from: LightBeam on July 07, 2020, 01:18:29
Just stay away from fried chicken lol. Working in medical research, we always have to read stats on every new indication we test new meds for. Stats on areas where diseases are more prevalent. Guess where in the US are the unhealthiest people. The south where everything is deep fried.
That's the one thing you won't find at our home. No deep frying at all, lol!  :-D
"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."  Nicolai Tesla

Nameless

I have gone through the need to sleep around the clock as well the complete inability to sleep. I used to think in physical terms like maybe my hormones were off-balance. I thought it was my physical stress causing the APs, OBEs or phases. And to a degree that is right as extreme stress will affect those things. But when things are normal and you are not under extreme stress..?

What I noted is the exact opposite of what I just stated. The non-physical itself certainly can affect your physical life in the same way. I guess when you burn energy you need fuel and it doesn't really matter whether you are running a physical marathon or running a virtual marathon.

Lumaza, I've come to accept that dizziness or wooziness is par for the course sometimes.

I hadn't read that particular page Lu posted Omcasey, I've got it pulled up to go to next.

Hey LightBeam, no picken on the fried chicken. LOL That's our state bird you know.
Just kidding, I rarely eat fried foods and I'm from the south! Go figure. (laughing)
Remember, You came here to this physical earth to experience it in its physical form. NPR will always be there.

Lumaza

Quote from: Nameless on July 07, 2020, 13:19:45
Hey LightBeam, no picken on the fried chicken. LOL That's our state bird you know.
Just kidding, I rarely eat fried foods and I'm from the south! Go figure. (laughing)
LOL!  :-D

Our State Fair here in Minnesota is based on "Fried Foods". If it can be deep fried you will find it there. I have seen "deep fried pickles" and last year the new thing was "deep fried Macaroni and Cheese/Spaghetti" on a stick and "deep fried Snicker Bars" on a stick. Minnesota State Fair likes to keep everything on stick!  :-o :?
"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."  Nicolai Tesla

LightBeam

Quote from: Lumaza on July 07, 2020, 17:02:29
LOL!  :-D

Our State Fair here in Minnesota is based on "Fried Foods". If it can be deep fried you will find it there. I have seen "deep fried pickles" and last year the new thing was "deep fried Macaroni and Cheese/Spaghetti" on a stick and "deep fried Snicker Bars" on a stick. Minnesota State Fair likes to keep everything on stick!  :-o :?

haha, don t get me wrong Nameless and Lumaza, I LOVE food! I go purposely to county and state fairs to pig out on deep fried candy bars lol and other things, but I reward myself with these treats ONLY once every month or two and just for a weekend at a time. So, that keeps me happy and something to look forward to. The rest of the time I eat super healthy and that makes me happy as well, because it makes me feel pain free and vital.
"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem."
Captain Jack Sparrow

Lumaza

Quote from: LightBeam on July 07, 2020, 20:34:32
haha, don t get me wrong Nameless and Lumaza, I LOVE food! I go purposely to county and state fairs to pig out on deep fried candy bars lol and other things, but I reward myself with these treats ONLY once every month or two and just for a weekend at a time. So, that keeps me happy and something to look forward to. The rest of the time I eat super healthy and that makes me happy as well, because it makes me feel pain free and vital.
LOL! Like MJ here always says, "everything in moderation"!  :-D
"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."  Nicolai Tesla

GrumpyRabbit

Thank you everyone for your thoughts! It's comforting to know that I'm not the only one that feels wiped out by being out of body. I also experience severe thirst/dry mouth. It's hard to parse out what may be due to being out of body, and what's just regular chronic thirst (a common symptom of my chronic illness). I was already the most hydrated person you'd ever meet, but I think this is making me drink even more water - something I didn't think possible!

There's also a tell-tale way my body feels when I "come to" back in my body. It's like a deep down exhaustion in my limbs. It's not so much that I still feel tingling or vibration, it's almost like feeling the after effect. Like, a moment ago, there was tingling. And now it's fading away but something still feels weird. My physical body feels like that every single time I come back.

I suppose all this makes me a little worried, because my chronic illness means my body cannot produce energy normally. Energy metabolism doesn't work right. I already have so little energy to use for regular life (in which I can't really do much anymore), so I have no idea how it may affect me long term to be doing this, causing more energy depletion.

Also, a bit off topic, but how do I get email notifications if someone adds to a thread I started? I always click on "notify" but then nothing happens. I just have to remember to keep checking. It's not going to spam, either.

Nameless

The email notification is broken, this is a very old platform and it's hinky as all get out. Sorry

Is there something you do to help boost your energy levels normally? If there is it might help to increase that a little. I wouldn't increase too much without consulting your doctor though.
Remember, You came here to this physical earth to experience it in its physical form. NPR will always be there.

GrumpyRabbit

Unfortunately not. That's the whole problem! total exhaustion no matter what we do. No FDA approved treatments, nothing. Some people get a little benefit here and there from some supplements, but it's hit or miss. I haven't found anything that really works for me. All I can do is rest/sleep as much as possible, which I already do.

LightBeam

Hi GrumpyRabbit, You dont have to disclose what condition do you have, but have you tried complete change in diet, check if you have food intolerance(not allergy), intolerant tests are done by blood draw and tested by special labs. You may not have obvious symptoms of intolerance, but certain foods may trigger inflammation if you are intolerant and that causes chronic diseases. I found out that I am intolerant to eggs and beans, so I stopped eating them and my energy and vitality changed drastically, but it's almost impossible to pint point them, because as I said there may be no obvious symptoms. Stopping all standard inflammatory foods such as dairy, sugar, high carbs, coffee, alcohol, etc help a lot with all kinds of ailments. Vegetable juicing everyday will regenerate your cells, etc. There is so much proper nutrition can do for the body. Let me know if you have questions, because I am a living encyclopedia when comes to nutrition.
"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem."
Captain Jack Sparrow

GrumpyRabbit

I have tried just about everything you can imagine. My diet is very healthy. Little to no added sugar, pescatarian, no dairy, no caffeine, no alcohol (I'm intolerant of it). I've tried eliminating various things like bread, beans, tomatoes, etc, to no benefit. I don't eat processed foods but cook for myself 3x/day - crockpot is great for that. I take supplements and drink an herbal formula (Canonical Chinese medicine). I meditate and practice qigong. It's not a food allergy, I wish that were all it was (please also know that most people with chronic illness have, like me, tried everything, and while people mean well when they ask, "Well have you tried xyz..." it's really mentally and emotionally exhausting for us! There is usually a novel-sized list of "things we've tried" that didn't work!).

I have a neuroimmune disease called myalgic encephalomyelitis. We have weird energy/metabolism needs. A lot of us cannot eliminate carbs - I tried this a couple times to devastating effect. Our aerobic/anerobic threshhold is way too low. Our bodies switch to inefficient glucose burning for energy after very little exertion. Burning glucose translates into less ATP bang for the buck, but that's all we got. So we tend to burn thru glucose really fast. Many of us experience hypoglycemia as a result. Carbs are essential for many of us to function! The data is seen in 2-day CPET tests/research studies (which I have done).

Maybe one day there will be a cure for us. Until then, I just plod along and still hope that at some point I can use AP to figure out how to heal myself, so I can truly live again. Then maybe I can help the rest of my fellow patients. That's my dream! :-D :-D :-D

GrumpyRabbit

Oh yeah! And I also do a lot of things that are supposed to help the vagus nerve, including belly breathing, EMDR, EFT, cold showering, acupressure, humming, etc. It doesn't hurt and hopefully makes things easier for my body, but nothing that drastically improves the situation.

LightBeam

Oh dear, that's tough! Researchers think this is inflammatory. The only natural thing to combat inflammation I can think of is turmeric, if you haven't tried, but for it to take effect you have to take it for a few weeks. Check with your doctor though if turmeric will be safe for you. I have heard many people with chronic conditions improve after taking turmeric supplements for a few weeks. I know hearing advises may be frustrating, but people genuinely try to help.
"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem."
Captain Jack Sparrow

Lumaza

Quote from: GrumpyRabbit on July 08, 2020, 21:51:26
Maybe one day there will be a cure for us. Until then, I just plod along and still hope that at some point I can use AP to figure out how to heal myself, so I can truly live again. Then maybe I can help the rest of my fellow patients. That's my dream! :-D :-D :-D
Perhaps you don't really want to heal. To do that means the term "Wounded Healer", wouldn't apply to you anymore. Not just apply to you but being healed might take you away from your current path that you have found yourself on. I see that if I wouldn't have went through what I did earlier in my life and what I am now today, that I wouldn't be on the path I am today either. Just saying! It's something to think about though!  :wink:

I have found that many of the negatives in our lives sooner or later begin to show their positive sides!  :-)
"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."  Nicolai Tesla

GrumpyRabbit

LightBeam. It sure is. Turmeric is something that does help some of us if we also deal with chronic pain issues. Thankfully for me, chronic pain is pretty much the one that NOT wrong with me! I often make myself strong batches of ginger tea with turmeric added, mixed with lemon. I'm a bit of a ginger fiend =)

Lumaza - precisely what I added to our discussion on the other thread! My Integrated Self clearly desperately wants healing. But is there another level of Self that doesn't? A question for the ages.