Slacking off

Previous topic - Next topic

Andali27

Yes.  I've been lazy and the main reason for that is because school is stressing me out.  I hate the education system, dumping everything on you last minuet and then telling you its due in two weeks.

That's mainly the reason I haven't even being doing relaxation.

I'm not totally void of doing anything, but as per usual, spontaneous RTZs still greet me with open arms (so to speak).  Saturday morning, still haven't left my room but that's a work in progress.

Anyway, the reason I'm posting this is in regards to F2oC.  I haven't really sat/lay down and full out tried but I haven't done anything at all lately really.  I have problems concentrating on my rundown, because its so simple and I get bored with it and end up giving up and going to sleep.

My rundown is basically me(trying 1st person) sitting beside a stream in this nice forest garden thing I created mentally a while ago, and I'm threading a daisy chain.  I can't keep thinking about the smells, the feel of the daisy stalks, what I hear.  I get confused and then other thoughts creep in that are more interesting.

I like the rundown, it's better than peeling potatoes, as even in reality, I hate peeling potatoes.  First time I tried the potato peeling, just because I had nothing else.  I ended up wandering around (mentally, imagination here), up onto the deck of this pirate ship were I tried to recall a song I was working on and ended up fooling around and dancing (this was all taking place in my imagination, dancing and whatnot, I was directing the sequence of events).

The only thing I've noticed so far is that when thinking about, or doing my rundown or any other thing using imagination, after a while, I'm able to more easily imagine what I'm seeing.  It becomes clearer but by coming clearer, I start to think about other things when that happens.

Basically, I want to know what I'm doing wrong, or, if sticking it out is the best course of action.  No matter how bored I get, keeping doing the rundown.  The boredom is my main problem.  I know, how can you be bored!  You're trying to get to F2oC!!!!  It's the repetition, that's all.

Aside from that.  Even if anyone shares they're experiences here, I can maybe work something out.  Any advice, ideas, anything?  If I'm doing anything wrong, or leaving something out, tell me!  I want to do this!

Andali
~*~*If you long for your dreams and your dreams cannot wait, turn your life into dreams and control your own fate...*~*~

http://www.digital-transition.net

TOTALANATION

mactombs

Andali, I have the same problem. I get bored, or I don't get bored, but my mind wanders around anyway. I don't know of any solutions. I got to the point where I didn't even want to try to create a rundown. So I've just been trying the "noticing" exercise. That's worked out pretty well, actually, but it still always ends in me falling asleep, or being in a focus 10 state with extremely boring hypnogagic imagery that never goes anywhere unless I fall asleep.

Peeling potatoes is very boring, too - I tried that as well.

I don't know, but my guess is that the state of relaxation needs to be in order before the rundown is useful. If you try to engage in a rundown when you're too awake or agitated or whatever, it doesn't do any good. Relaxation comes first ... but that's the only thing I can think of, and in this case might not apply.
A certain degree of neurosis is of inestimable value as a drive, especially to a psychologist - Sigmund Freud

Selski

Hi Andali

You might want to change your rundown.

I used to use a similar one to you – a garden.   It worked to a point, but I couldn't hold it.  I got bored, or normal everyday thoughts crept in my mind.

Just recently I've started using rundowns where I'm more active, and having to use a lot more concentration to stay with the imagery.  For instance, I had success with bouncing on a trampoline.  I think this was all to do with the concentration factor.  My bounces weren't quite in sync with my visuals, and I was totally focused on getting them right, which yielded results.

I also experimented with playing tennis.  This was a bit too active for me, but you might want to try it.

The repetition is important in the rundown, but the focus is the key.  And if you're doing something active that repeats (such as bouncing or hitting a ball across a net), I think you'll have better results.

Swimming might be another good one.

I have a hunch that tennis is going to be brilliant for someone – it's so active, and so full, you can't help but be focused in it.

Good luck!

Sarah
We all find nonsenses to believe in; it's part of being alive.