Bad Cop

Previous topic - Next topic

Luthor

Not often but just now and again in lucid dreams I will get a feeling like something is searching for me - It's something big and bad, immensley powerful which I can feel drawing closer and closer. Unlike the rest of the people, landscape in my dream I have no control over whasoever and when it finds me I find myself frozen and powerless as the the dream I'm in seems to fragment and splinter until and I wake (perfectly safe and unharmed of course) in my own bed.

The experience used to be terrifying but in all honesty now it's more  awwww....shucks, you got me.  It's usually a dark figure, often a black man with some kind of link to authority, one time it was a security guard in shopping mall, another time a cop with a badge etc. This got me thinking about Jungs archetypes.

My pet theory - Some aspect of my conciousness is tasked to ensure that when I go to sleep I dream like a good little boy and don't explore, challenge the norm, do see or learn things that may challenge or distrub my safe little world. I've always seen the dark man / shadow man as a spectre, the boogeyman as an embodiement of fear but since mooching around AP I'm trying to be more analytical and I wonder if this could represent some aspect of my psyche who's job it is to enforce the rules.

Just for discussion - whaddya think?

Szaxx

Mmmm, you only comment on the more negative issues. This is typical physical world thinking. If you now look on the progress side of things it may appear you are capable of some very fine things, the higher levels to use a label.
This character then would be a guide. To let you know that any misgivings with your current mindset could hamper your progress.
His presence has already entered your mind this way.

Do you now think differenly?
Embrace the presence and thank him for his services.
Your reaction will be accepted.
There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.

Luthor

wow thank's Szaxx.... I hadn't thought of it that way at all. That is a scary, beautiful concept and a complete 180 of how I've been interpreting the figure and thinking. Your response has actually blown me away. Just reading that does make me think differently and I will try that the first. next chance I get. Thanks so much. 

sheriff_rango

Whenever I'm lucid I find a wave of fear washes over me straight away - maybe it's a survival instinct or something? What I do now is try to talk to anyone in the vicinity even the scary ones. I'm polite and tell them I'm lucid and I'm gonna walk away now and if they'd like to join me. They generally decline and even wish me good luck. The fear is self-created and if you change your attitude towards these guys they generally soften up a bit. Try it! :-)