A strange OBE/lucid dream (as if there are normal ones)

Previous topic - Next topic

ElliotGain

Ok, so i had my very first OBE the other week, at least I think it was.  I was trying all night to pull myself out of my physical body when I finally gave up, got on my bed, turned on my side, and started falling asleep.  Then in a state of half-sleep I started hearing weird random noises, a bird chirping, a dog barking, the sound of a ball falling, strange, and yet I knew somehow that my subconscious mind was creating them.  

And then I felt a somewhat scary sensation of being pulled out of my body from my feet, I felt them lift up, then my legs.  I had the thought that 'someone else' was pulling me out.  Which put fear in my brain...but of course it was probably just happening that way and I was fighting the process...

and then I was next to my body, and I felt a semi-paralysis that I always seem to feel in my dreams.  

My body is stiff, its hard to move my muscles, I have very little control of my body.  So I try to look at my 'real' body, but my neck tenses up.  I roll out of the bed onto the floor, and concentrate on standing up, strangely enough I find it easier to balance on my tip toes for awhile.  I look forward and there is another ME standing in front of me.  'he' goes to my bedroom door and puts both hands around the door knob.  I approach him with some difficulty, and I put my hands on top of his, I realize that HIS hands feel more real then the ones I am in control of.  I wonder if this is actually my physical body up and about with me to control it!!  (I don't want my body running off without me)  

So 'he' opens the door and goes out to the living room, I decide to follow him, before I leave out the door I turn to check if its ok to leave the room with my real body, i turn and I am looking up from the bed nodding my head for me to go on.  Very strange thinking so its probably more of a lucid dream though it happened RIGHT after I fell asleep.  Anyway so there are now THREE Me's in the house and I go out to the living room, its dark, and fear starts to take hold of my brain, so I decide this projection has lasted long enough for the first time anyway, I go and lay back in bed where I was sleeping, close my eyes tight, and when I open them...there I am awake and tingling.  

Just thought I would share this interesting first experience with you because Ive heard nothing like it.

--Elliot Gain

Selski

ElliotGain

Congratulations on your first experience (whatever it was!).  

I often go through the same process as you - I give up, turn onto my side to go to sleep - only to find that some time later I start hearing odd noises and it triggers my awareness.

I've had one experience where there were three of me as well.  It was really odd, because it was completely outside of my expectations.

Here's an extract from that particular OBE:

Anyway, I got to the bathroom.  Sight was good.  However, there was suddenly 'two' of me, my conscious was in the second me.  This didn't seem odd at the time either!  There was a lamp on the in the bathroom, an old Victorian looking one on the side between the toilet and the sink.  The lamp was lit and shining brightly.  It distracted both of us.  Me in front said, "don't worry about it, don't look at it, let's go through the mirror."  Me behind grabbed the rail on the left and we both said, "one, two, three" before going through.  Once 'through', I became only one again.  I didn't become my reflection this time, I was still the 'real' me, but coming backwards from the mirror.  It fizzled and I regained full consciousness.

Interesting that you mention tingling when you awoke - that for me is one of my biggest "tells" that I've had an OBE, even though I never experience pre-exit vibrations.

Thank you for sharing - I enjoyed reading it.  :)

Sarah
We all find nonsenses to believe in; it's part of being alive.

Selski

ElliotGain

I do wonder what those extra bodies where...my instincts tell me they are at least something that I make from my own mind, certainly not anything from an outside source...SO why would I make two more of myself?  Its interesting how I checked in with ME to make sure it was alright to voyage outside of my room, and how I had an urge to stay close to the third me who "led" me out into the living room, maybe I (or someone watching) just constructed friendly helpers...after all, who else could you trust more then yourself?  

Thanks for the replies Sarah and Tom.  it really helps that I know people are having similar experiences...I think this is a really really great website...I mean when weird things start happening, you need some people you can share your experiences with, especially people that have covered this territory before.  Because for me this is some very undiscovered ground...or at least for the ego part of my brain.

good luck to everyone out there, I think this is something historical that is happening, and I am so happy to be apart of it....may you live in interesting times....oh I DO!!!

Elliot Gain

Selski

Well, I haven't the faintest idea what my second duplicate was in the bathroom with me.  I'm the type of person to have the experience and not question it too much.

It is the only experience I've had so far where I've ended up with three bodies, including my physical one that was left in bed.  What I found especially interesting about this experience was that the extra body was something that I don't believe I created with my imagination.  It wouldn't have crossed my mind to create a third "me".  I was more intent with going through the mirror at that period of my OBE life.

I have had experiences where I've been influenced by something I read in the past.  For instance, after reading about Robert Monroe's experience of the small child on his back, within a week of reading this I had a fairly similar experience – at the time I put this down to the suggestion of this being a possibility by Monroe.  

However, the extra body scenario was completely alien to me at the time.  I'd never read anything like it before.  It's just a shame that during the experience I wasn't more curious about the second "me" as I would have loved to ask "me" what "I" was doing!

Perhaps Elliot's theory that they are friendly helpers is a distinct possibility.  This would fit quite well with my experience, as my awareness was in the "me" that was following (and therefore behind) the second "me", and also when we both looked at the lamp, it was the non-me me that advised us both not to be distracted by it.  Therefore, the "me" that didn't have my awareness in it could have in fact, been not me at all, but a representation of me so that I would follow it without even thinking about it.

In fact, at least in mine and Elliot's case, the "me" that had the awareness in it seemed to be following the replica "me", so perhaps Elliot is onto something here.  However, Major Tom's experience is the other way round, in that he had his awareness in the "main" me and told his "second" me to go back to bed!

I'm going a bit dizzy now with all these "me's"!!

Sarah