DMT- HOW COULD ANYONE HAVE MISSED THIS?

Previous topic - Next topic

ralphm

Did someone question the intellegence of terreance McKenna? I read a couple of his books and have a few hour of him speaking on tape and that guy is brilliant! Art Bell used to say that he was not a poster child for the bad effects of drugs on mental ability. About addiction- he used to say that you really had to brace yourself for the DMT experience-it was not something you did for kicks. I can personally attest o the fact that the more mushrooms you did the less you felt it. What I find interesting is that with DMT a lot of people seemed to go to the same place and see the same thing. I wonder if experienced astral traverlers have recognized the place?

In the world in general and in this nation
May not even the names disease, famine, war, and suffering be heard.
May virtuous qualities, merit, and prosperity greatly increase
And may continuous good fortune and subline well-being perfectly arise.

Paukki

For those who cannot resist trying to inject nitro into their finely tuned machines, (speaking figuratively, there, of course), and for those who find it might not be going so well, I would like to write a few  quotes, (especially on love, which is what you'll be needing...perhaps even desparately),  from "The Lazy Man's Guide to Enlightenment.":
What am I doing on a level of consciousness where this is real?

No resistance.

Love it the way it is.

Love as much as you can from wherever you are.

Whether I feel it or not, I am one with all the love in the universe.

Go beyond reason to love:  it is safe.  It is the only safety.

Whatever you are doing, love yourself for doing it.

When you learn to love hell, you will be in heaven.

Love, and good luck, (whoever you are),
--Paukki

quote:
Originally posted by asstray85

I agree bear.  If you are going to reply to this topic, dont reply on impulse and express your knowlege of drugs, because dmt is different.  It is naturally secreted during meditiation, therefor if you take it externally its equivelent to intense meditation.  So It would never ruin your control, I tried to explain before but i guess some people didnt get it.

-Steve

Steve, have you tried DMT? With all due respect it doesn't sound like it. I tried it some years ago, it was the last drug I tried and I haven't done any since. I did lose control - totally. I don't understand how you can make a generalization like that. I'm not at all against DMT or any other psychedelic substance or experience. I just know from personal experience that it is FULLY INTENSE to say the least and it shouldn't be taken lightly. "therefor if you take it externally its equivelent to intense meditation." - I think anyone who's taken a full dose or even less of DMT would agree that this is not true. It is not like an intense meditation - so beyond it. I blacked out because it was too powerful and in my face. It will really blow you away in a split second so please don't go around advocating something if you haven't tried it yourself.

Respectfully,

Logic

Acctually, (replying to some earlier posts) DMT increases preformance of neurological pathways of the brain, enhancing, preformance..

http://www.akasha.de/~aton/NeoDMT.html

heres a good article.
We are not truly lost, until we lose ourselves.

RJA

quote:
Originally posted by asstray85

...LSD messes with your head, you see and hear things that simply arent there, imaghes, sounds, etc, created by your brain, and of course the possiblility of a spiritual experience.  DMT on the other hand is purely spiritual...

Just to clear this up, - The chemical composition of DMT and LSD are very similar which is why they have a simialr effect.  They both do a whammy on the pineal gland.  The pineal gland (located near the top-middle of the brain) is considered by consciousness sorts to be the "seat-of-the-soul", i.e. where consciousness resides.  It's no coincidence that it's location in the brain coincides with where the Crown Chakra is.  The pineal is extremely sensative to chemical effects and has a membrane around it that regulates very closely what chemicals can come into contact with the pineal.  Typically, seratonin (mood regulator) is about all that can get through this membrane.  The body does produce tiny amounts of DMT (maybe even produced by the pineal) but nowhere near what you would get by actually smoking, injecting (experiments were done on this in the 60s) or drinking DMT (in the form of Ayahuasca or another concoction).  Apparently, however, chemicals classified as "tryptamines" (DMT and LSD both) can fool the membrane around the pineal and once acting upon this gland create a variety of similar effects.  So to say one is hallucinagenic and the other, spiritual, is not founded in science or research certainly.

There's a book (look on Amazon) called "DMT: The Spirit Molecule" by an MD named Rick Strassman - in which he discusses clinical research in the 60s done to evaluate the effects of DMT and to evaluate it's potential benefits in the area of psychotherapy.  Essentially he had a variety of volunteers, all familiar with use of hallucinagens, and he injected them with increasing doses of DMT in a research environment.  Injecting DMT produced a fast, hard trip.  Milder doses just caused hallucinations and larger doeses caused the participants to perceive that they had "transcended" reality or left their bodies.  Many reported coming into contact with "beings", who in many cases seemed to know them, and often acted surprised to see them (as in "what the heck are you doing here, now").   Surprisingly, the forms that these beings took tended to fall into three categories; aliens, insects, and clowns!?  

Another book I read, "Ayahuasca: Human Consciousness and the Spirits of Natures", by Ralph Metzner, Ph.D. discussed the effects of DMT on dozens of people who used Ayahuasca as part of a South American religious ritual.  Those he interviewed were mainly Americans who went to South America to participate in such a ritual.  Since they consumed it in the form of a drink, their "trips" had a slower onset and laster longer.  And because of the setting (spiritual ritual) and their expection (it was described to them as the "serpent" drug and they were told to expect visions of snakes and serpents) they typically reported more mystical results involving serpents and snakes.  (Makes one wonder whether it's reputation as "the serpent" is a psychological association to the snake in the Garden of Eden being the bearer of knowledge, since this brew also is reputed to bring one to greater knowledge of themself, but I digress) Typically these visions were interepreted as connecting them to some sort of divine power in order to help them work through some sort of issues they were having in their lives. The participants generally all had very positive reviews of the experience.

Anyway, - interesting books.[:)]

"The best evidence that there is intelligent life elsewhere in the universe is that it hasn't tried to contact us." - from Calvin & Hobbes.

LogoRat

Why care if some doctor says its harmless!
And btw... shamans have used DMT for generations...yes, but it has only been used to make their new brothers or sisters understand the illusion of reality. Not a partydrug, but a drug to make ppl understand the nature of reality.
So, its not something you take just like that.

But then again, some may want to use drugs to stimulate their spiritual connection, i dont.

People have even reported beeing more intelligent when taking LSD.
They can do better at tests when they are high on LSD.
LSD is a very good drug for other purposes also, but then again... if you have something in your DNA that says "schizofrenia" it may be triggered when taking LSD.

I think the same goes foes for DMT, it is harmless for the general population and for the shamans, but for others with different DNA structure than the shamans has, it may trigger some "strange behavior of personality" when taking DMT.
This is just a thought, im not scaring someone to not use DMT.

Most of us have alot of interferens from the radiowaves, electronic equipments, chemicals in water, cellphones etc etc, some live in societies that push people under water(supress the spiritual connection).

If you are a person living in the rocks on some really offworld place up in the mountains, you then dont need any drug at all, heck..you dont even have to practice like a rabbit on ice.
But if you live where most people do nowdays.. in the hightech society.. some may need drugs to disconnect themselves or disrupt the interferens from the stuff that hits the bodies all day.

Some wants to use drugs, some dont... and some wants to tell people not to do drugs, and some wants everyone to take drugs.

Like with everything, trust yourself.

*privacy is a physical illusion*

Grainless

i dont think frank has an idea of what psychotropic drugs are :S

addicts.. fixes?!

huh jesus christ.. yahhh right..
but yah heroine and crack and cocaine are psychotropic.. so is caffeine and alcohol.
but i dont think we are talking about cocaine, heroin and crack here, now are we? wich would be kinda bad.. and they are addictive and they commit crimes for them... but i never heard of people doing crimes for their mushrooms?! I can get them legally here cheap :D holland 4 life

iamdead2

DMT has been the catalyst for me in all my searching for "truth". The fact that I am attempting to AP and the new direction that my life is taking was all brought about by a DMT revelation.

Speculation is useless when talking about DMT, the experience i would describe as total ego loss followed by some sort of molten bliss. On the other hand Ive seen a friend absolutely horrified by his first experience, maybe this has something to do with his emotional state similar to 'bad' trips on LSD. Labelling it 'harmless' is in a sense incorrect, but taken at the appropriate initial dosage and the right state of mind should lead you into and experience that is mind-blowingly beautiful. Some say it is too amazing and too beautiful, that their lives seems painfully mundayne in comparison. But the experience only lasts for 5-15 minutes and I forget most of what I percieved, im left feeling recalibrated and assured that there is an intelligence out there. One that is far more amazing and affectionate than I could ever cognitively imagine.  

xander

quote:
Originally posted by Tom

It is still not obvious to me how to get DMT cheaply and without legal troubles. It is not enough to know that I produce it in my pineal gland and that I can find it in plants in South America

shamanshop.net sells the grass. instructions on how to make it are easily found. The Vaults of Erowid also has some great info on it.

Xander

asstray85

DMT is a drug that is completely harmless.  Our body produces the chemical and it stimulates to pineal gland, which means instant obe's, energy raising, communication with spirits, etc, etc.  It is called the spirit molecule by many.  I recommend if your reading this to do some research on the topic. Shamans have used it for generations, to induce instant spiritual journeys, etc.  All of which arent altered experiences like lsd and such drugs give you.  DMT is produced while meditating from what i have read.  You have to do research to fully understand the drug.  DMT is illegal because it has a possibility for abuse, but it can be extracted many ways.
Heres some sites where you can start learning about it more...
http://fusionanomaly.net/dmt.html
http://www.rickstrassman.com/dmt/index.html
http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/dmt/dmt.shtml -Tons of info
http://www.brainmachines.com/dmtv2.html
http://peyote.com/jonstef/dmt.htm
Theres 2 main types of dmt theres nn-dmt and theres 5-MeO-DMT.  You have to do research to disifer the differences.  I am unsure.

I am not completely knowlegable of the drug, but if people can use these resources, and mabye get a working extraction plan off the internet.
http://www.spiritplants.com/articles/DMT.htm
theres a site with some extraction info.  Seems complicated but it might not be what we need.  I read that 5-MeO-DMT can be bought off the internet because it is less severe as far as psychadelic from nn-dmt usually called just dmt, but again i am still unsure.  If everyone could find some helpful info about this drug and how to obtain or extract it, add to the topic, i have a feeling this is gonna be a big one.

and if there is no luck i found this site which is supposed to naturally increase dtm levels in your body.
http://www.acutcmdetox.com/tryptophan2.html

Get this information out, the goal is to find out where dmt can be purchased or the best ways for extraction.

-Steve