Focus 10: Mind Awake/Body Asleep

Previous topic - Next topic

Andali27

Great paper!  I had to read it twice to get the full potential out of it and because of that, I managed to get a focus 12, the first time I tried!  So happy!  And I've been regulary reaching 10 and 12, thanks Major!

Andali
~*~*If you long for your dreams and your dreams cannot wait, turn your life into dreams and control your own fate...*~*~

http://www.digital-transition.net

TOTALANATION

astralp

Hey thanks for posting this for all of us.  I just read the whole thing and a lot of stuff is making more sense.  I never used to know about all the focus levels.  I read a couple of obe website which got me into these focus levels but none have explained what to do once i got there.  I just realized that after my first night trying to have an obe i made it to the focus 21 level and couldn't do anything from there.  I eventually figured out a way to have an obe but it happens really spontaneously.  I think this will help me out a lot. thanks.
"turf off your mind relax and float down stream.  it is not dying."-The Beatles

NaCirema_NY

Thanks A Lot, Tom. I Just D/L'ed And Burned Boxed Nirvana To A CD, And I Had About 12 Hours Of Sleep, From 4 Am To 4 Pm Today. It's About 2:50 PM And I'm Not Very Tired. Taking All Of This In, I'm Going To See If I Can Get Anything Tonight, As I'm Sure It Will Be Much Easier Since I'm Not Very Tired. Again, Thanks Much. You Don't Know How Helpful This Article Is...OnE.
"If Knowledge Is-The-'Key', I'm Selling Crack To The Whole In-Dus-Try..."

"The Believer On His Knees Sees Further Than The Philosipher On Tiptoe."

NaCirema_NY

^LoL...I Meant 2:50 AM...Not PM. Anyway, Thanks Again, As I've Read The WHOLE THing...
"If Knowledge Is-The-'Key', I'm Selling Crack To The Whole In-Dus-Try..."

"The Believer On His Knees Sees Further Than The Philosipher On Tiptoe."

andonitxo

Hi there all,

I've PM-ed Major Tom this morning, but I've thought later it would be better to publicly ask so others can take advantage of the information given.

My main problem is to know how much time to spend with every tape in F10 (I mean Orientation, Intro, Advanced,...). I started off from Intro to Focus 10, the second recording, by mistake, but I've achieved many interesting effects on my body.

For example, my neck doesn't relax, even my jaw seems to go tenser than it uses to be. So I end up with a totally relaxed body stuck to a head which seems more heavy. The second time I tried, I was able to relax it completely (don't ask how, maybe vacations had something to do with it) and I felt as floating on the floor feeling emptyness in my abdomen area (the tensest one). Maybe my subcons thought it was easy to attain and I'm overconfident now,... who knows. Sometimes it uses to work to imagine I have a Buddha-like hat, you know, those whichsurround your head, also along the back side, and which have a tip in the top part. That way, a white light hood tends to relax a bit more my head.

There's another effect on me, the increased heart beating. My heart speeds up abdormally though I'm relaxed and with no special worries on my skull.

The last point is that many thoughts come to me unexpectedly. Conversation with others I've had time ago, scenes from tv shows,... and the like. Their occurrence is richer if I'm close to sleep, as those images that come after we lay down on bed at night. It is difficult to shut up the monkey.

Oh!, I nearly forget it. Automatically my forehead gets relaxed at the beginning of the exercise. It feels as if it is tore in several layers, or as if the forehead splits from my head and it floats over it. As wierd as relaxing. This effect reproduces in awaken situations (as on the bus).

So, to boild down, how those 200-300h of F10 must be divided along the 6 tapes of F10?.

one_each

Andonitxo,

Remember, the worst thing that can happen using these tapes out of order is nothing.  That's it, the worst.  Nothing happens.  Don't worry about skipping the first tape, it was intended to help you learn how the tapes worked and give you an idea about what would happen in the later tapes.  You got that from tape 2.

Like anything else, relaxing takes practice.  One thing that helps me is to tighten the muscles I'm having problems with then let them relax back to where they were and just keep relaxing them.  After awhile, you will learn what is needed to get them to relax.

Your heart feeling like it is speeding up or thumping harder or any number of strange feelings are normal.  For one thing, you are now noticing these things during a time (going to sleep) that you often ignore.  Don't forget, you are heading into some new areas for you.  Expect odd things to happen from time to time.  After 25 years of poking around in this stuff (mostly meditation, some OBE/AP), I still experience things I've never heard of before.

Monkey chatter is always a challenge.  There is a balance between letting go and keeping a strict focus. On the one hand, you get monkey chatter.  On the other hand, you get meditation.  To achieve an OBE or AP, you have to be in the middle somewhere.  I'm still working on that myself.

Your last question was how many hours to spend on each time.  The answer is simply enough.  When you feel comfortable with one tape, feel free to move on to the next.  One way to know is to try it without the tapes.  That is the whole goal after all.  Can you reach Focus 10 without the tape?  Can you walk yourself through the exercises?  If you can easily do this, then you are ready to move on to the next tape.

One last point I want to make.  The tapes only guide you.  You can return from a Focus 21 to fully awake (Focus 1) instantly if you wish to (I've done it).  You can even listen to a full tape and never leave focus 1.  You can also do everything the tapes teach without the tapes.  The tapes are a learning aid, treat them as such.  Learn from them, but don't limit yourself to them.
When a problem comes along
You must whip it

andonitxo

One_each, thanks for your words. Major Tom has adviced me to go on till controlling F10 and at the same time,at night, to practice parallelly F12 tapes.

Today, after reading your words I've realized the very key of relaxation is in the head. Without relaxing any other part of my body I get in a floating-like state just when loosing my face and neck's muscles. The only problem is that Monroe goes too rapidly and it is a bad thing to try to calm down in a rush. Now that I know that F10 state sensations I'll be able to know when to move on to the next tide in the golden path.

Anyway a short yoga class is mandatory to improve exercise's success, specially in what is related to backbone flexibility. It's curious to note how a new tension pops up when another one is released, as if we were puppets with all our threads interconnected. Maybe I'm more conscious of it because as a computer scientist I spend a lot of hours in front of a computer, sat down and quite tensed up.

By the way I'd like to comment there's some point I'm still loosing in this whole story. I mean, I've read about relaxation techniques from other sources, hypnosis included, and I do know there's a relaxing effect when any guy counts down in his mind. But in the past I did need to count up or down to 100 or from 100 to 0, and I find surprising just to count just from 1 to 10 (in F10). Of course waves will help, but believe me, I've proved with those BWgenerator sample waves and I've not felt anything, in spite of my faith and intent to go on. Somehow, at now, it works for me, so I'll continue trying and practicing.

Thanks again.

FuM

ive used the mind awake body asleep meditation and suceeded on my first try but you know what i didnt know that pinching myself would wake me up and i did it lol i was like omg im dreaming wow then i pinched myself and woke up :(

FuM

btw i was talking about lucid dream to bad theres no edit button and also i use these free cds for meditation that take me all the way to the delta state of meditation or conciousness i forget which one