News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Gateway Wave1 pointers

Previous topic - Next topic

SteppenWolf

Hey Frank -

I am so incredibly grateful for you sharing your technique and to Jeff Mash too for the different angle.  I did the Monroe Tapes for a long while before I realised that they were missing all the most important instructions for actually projecting!  (NOT impressed!!!)

I really think that your personal technique is such an important addendum that I think it would be great if you could make an article out of what you've written so far.  I just think that otherwise the postings might be difficult to find.  (And I had a hard time finding your previous posting on the cone of consciousness too.)

Bloody awesome stuff!!!

Cheers!  http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/images/icon_Smile.gif" border=0>

Frank

Thank you for all your kind comments, and I am grateful that you have given such consideration and attention to what I have to say.

Yours,
Frank

wierdzly

Gateway Gateway Gateway. In the past Iv'e used other similiar guided meditations like William Buhlmans 4 tape set (very good), Transcendance by Hemi Sync and Mind voyage Astral Trance (good for loosening up from the body). They kept me motivated and I eventually had a few oob's. Some woman on another site recommended Wave 3 to me but Hemi sync refused to sell it to me until I went through the other Waves.

So after reading these posts I became curious and recently ordered Gateway 1 1-6. So far I like them,  will be able to stick to a once a day meditation. They are worth the money, having 6 different meditations on 3 cd's for $99.00.

If you patiently use them like Frank and don't expect them to magically project you instantaneously, you won't go wrong.

WEIRDZLY!

Adrian

Greetings WEIRDZLY!

Yes, you make some excellent points.

If people expect to load the CD, put on their headphones and zap into the Astral, they will be disappointed I am sure. But if they are used as long term tools for raising consciousness, and eventually maintaining that level of consciousness without the help of the CD's, I am sure it could be worthwhile.

With best regards,

Adrian.

https://ourultimatereality.com/
Vincit Omnia Veritas

TheJza

Frank:
Thank you very much for posting this. Looks like I was totally wrong in my approach. I only used my imagination a little bit, but I always kept my consciousness near my physical body, and would always do a check to see if I could still feel my body or not. I really like the walking away from the body approach.
I have 3 questions for you:
1. When you do the imagining, do you imaging in a third or first person view? I try to imagine in a first person view, but it always seems like I am imagining me watching myself walk everywhere.
2. Do you do this laying down or sitting up?
3. How often do you fall asleep while doing these exercises? Did you fall asleep a lot at first and gradually remain conscious?

I tried your approach last and and ended up falling asleep at the declaration part. I had been out of town and was travelling that day, so I think it was a combination of laying down and being a little travel tired. I might start doing the exercises in the computer room on a lazy boy chair. What do you think?

Frank

quote:

I have 3 questions for you:
1. When you do the imagining, do you imaging in a third or first person view? I try to imagine in a first person view, but it always seems like I am imagining me watching myself walk everywhere.

Good, you have managed to locate your focal point of consciousness. The point at which you are, when you are looking at yourself doing whatever it is you happen to be doing, is your focal point of consciousness. Ideally, this should be within the body of light (or whatever style body it is you are imagining) but it doesn't matter if it's a bit half and half.

Note: You don't want to be trying too hard with the visualisation aspect. You need to keep things slightly on the abstract side otherwise you begin to engage in an act of creative visualisation, rather than Astral projection.

The key thing is to keep that focal point of consciousness, or awareness, as far away from the Physical as possible. Which is, ultimately, the whole idea of having the rundown to Focus 10 and back. In that it gives you an exercise in deliberately taking your focal point of consciousness away from the Physical, and then bring it back again. As Monroe says, the more you do this the more natural it becomes.    

quote:

2. Do you do this laying down or sitting up?

Laying down in bed, early morning. But now I'm starting to practice the exercise, without the CD, at various times in the day just sitting in a comfy chair. I find I am more aware of my physical body during daytime. But I'm hoping, with practice, that will change. Ultimately I'm trying to reach the stage where surroundings/time of day/etc. make no difference.

quote:

3. How often do you fall asleep while doing these exercises? Did you fall asleep a lot at first and gradually remain conscious?

Falling asleep can be a problem if you do this at night before normal sleeptime. That's one reason why I practice early morning, and now at additional times during the day.

Yours,
Frank

clandestino

Hi there guys...

Frank, sorry to keep bothering you !
"Note: You don't want to be trying too hard with the visualisation aspect. You need to keep things slightly on the abstract side otherwise you begin to engage in an act of creative visualisation, rather than Astral projection."

I'm planning to use the wave 1 CD over the next few months, with the pointers that you've already given...obviously I'll be making changes to the scenario that you outline at the beginning of the post, so that it is more personalised.

Can you elaborate a little on the "creative visualization" distinction you mention above ? At the moment, I'm not sure how I could tell whether :
a) I had shifted my focal point of awareness, or
b) I was actually just doing some "creative visualisation"

Obviously, I don't want to get 3 or 4 months into the CD, to find I've been going down the wrong path !
cheers

Mark

I'll Name You The Flame That Cries

Frank

At first it will automatically be abstract enough. All I mean is keep it fairly simple so it flows along with the CD, but if you happen to get a few blank parts that don't quite add up then that's okay. The circumstances that you imagine around you will be fairly fluid, expect that. Don't try and make the whole process exactly the same each time so it becomes robotic.

Robert Bruce had problems, for example, with the ROPE technique. He'd have people who would bang their heads on the ceiling, or who would end up with a huge pile of rope on the floor, and so forth. The mistake they were making is to take the technique too literally.

Yours,
Frank

clandestino

sounds good - my attempts so far have been along those lines....pretty fluid. Well, a few months of hard practice are ahead of me !

jilola

Frank: The focal point of consciousness is then the natural POV you get when visualising yourself? If so, my quest for AP just got decades easier!!!

2cents

jouni

Frank

Jouni, yes, that is correct. Although it won't feel like that in the beginning because a large part of it will still be reading physical-body signals. However, by practicing these kinds of visualisation exercises, you gradually learn to shift that focal point of consciousness more and more away from the physical body.

Yours,
Frank

TheJza

Sorry to beat this to death Frank, but I don't think I still understand fully the difference between creative visualization and astral projection.
Could you elaborate a little bit more, please?

Adrian

Greetings!

We will let Frank answer the visualisation versus AP question.

But there is plenty of room for confusion here for sure http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/images/icon_Smile.gif" border=0>

When asking people to use their "imagination", it is easy to think that what you have to do is to make the whole thing up in your mind as you go along - like a fantasy. I.e. you just create the journey in your mind according to what you want to do, and it accordingly remains in your mind and not an objective interaction with the Astral at all - i.e. its all made up, of a figment.

This is a difficult one. Imagination is an attribute of the Spirit, so when you imagine something you are actually creating the image in the Astral itself. That does not of course mean that you are actually participating, or doing anymore than creating imagry from the Astral substance. This is where it can get very confusing.

As I understand Frank's latest methodology - he is using the hemi-sync CD to achieve the appropriate level of "trance", and then using imagination as a gateway to the Astral proper. So initially the imagination is real to the extent that it is actually creating Astral imagry, but is only being used to create a door into the Astral.

I assume, and I am sure Frank will confirm (or deny) this, but as soon as you pass through the doorway your have created with your imagination, you then enter an objective (to the extent the possible) Astral realm and place, where everything that you see, and everything that is happening, and the people you meet are very real, and are always there, and that you can interact fully with this environmentt. I.e At that point you cease to create the imagry in the Astral in your mind, and start to become a part of the Astral.

This is one reason I am suggesting the new forum. I recognise the great importance of these issues, completely separately from "OBE", and accordingly they should be kept separate from the OBE and AP fora.

With best regards,

Adrian.

Vincit Omnia Veritas

Frank

quote:

I assume, and I am sure Frank will confirm (or deny) this, but as soon as you pass through the doorway your have created with your imagination, you then enter an objective (to the extent the possible) Astral realm and place, where everything that you see, and everything that is happening, and the people you meet are very real, and are always there, and that you can interact fully with this environmentt. I.e At that point you cease to create the imagry in the Astral in your mind, and start to become a part of the Astral.

Yes, absolutely correct. The imagery technique, or stage, is merely a vehicle that transports you from Physical to Astral.

quote:

Sorry to beat this to death Frank, but I don't think I still understand fully the difference between creative visualization and astral projection.
Could you elaborate a little bit more, please?

It is all to do with the end goal.

The end goal, here, is not to create an absolutely perfect imaginary scenario that aligns completely with the CD to the n'th extent: that is totally repeatable in every way, each time you run through it.

Logic and reason, while being advantageous faculties to have, can get in the way if applied too literally to obe work.

Please feel free to ask further questions if you are still unclear.

Yours,
Frank

TheJza

Frank and Adrian, again, thank you very much. This means a lot to me.

Alright, I think I am understanding what you are saying.
1. Basically, use your imagination but don't go overboard trying to imagine a "perfect" scene. I usually don't do that anyways.
2. It doesn't matter if you imagine yourself in a third or first person view, but a FPV is ideal.

Now, when does it happen where you are actually "in" the Astral and not imagining anymore? Does it somehow happen "magically," or is there a better way to bring it on?
Here's another thing I was thinking. You seem to be taking to TMI's "Focus" word pretty literally (I don't mean that in a bad way), so I started thinking about F10 and 12. Do you go back to F10 (without the CD) by just imagining you are walking through your Focus markers and getting to where you are at the F10, and by this time you have focused your attention and "feeling" in that "place" and are now, by definition, "in" F10? The same for F12 would be just getting to your F10 hut and then walking through the door to the F12 space scene?
I hope I am not way off, because, if this is correct, I might now understand what the TMI trainers meant when they said that you could get to all the states while walking around.

Frank

quote:

Here's another thing I was thinking. You seem to be taking to TMI's "Focus" word pretty literally (I don't mean that in a bad way), so I started thinking about F10 and 12. Do you go back to F10 (without the CD) by just imagining you are walking through your Focus markers and getting to where you are at the F10, and by this time you have focused your attention and "feeling" in that "place" and are now, by definition, "in" F10?

Yes, absolutely. That is the whole point of creating the imagery. Otherwise, if Monroe said, "Return to Focus 10" where would you go? What would you do? By having the various mental states linked to particular sets of meta-physical imagery, the answer to the question of what to do (or where to go) next is obvious and immediate.

quote:

The same for F12 would be just getting to your F10 hut and then walking through the door to the F12 space scene?
I hope I am not way off, because, if this is correct, I might now understand what the TMI trainers meant when they said that you could get to all the states while walking around.

Again, yes, absolutely. You are really starting to get the hang of it. The reason why I, personally, have a "space scene" is because F12 is the first stage of expanded awareness where you leave the Physical behind. At F10 I'm still grounded, as it were, in my F10 hut. But the opening in the wall of the hut leads into limitless space.

What you can practice is flying out of the opening into the surrounding space while still keeping an eye on the opening you just came through. Then, when Monroe instructs you to return to C1, come back to F10 and go through the return procedure as normal.

quote:

Now, when does it happen where you are actually "in" the Astral and not imagining anymore? Does it somehow happen "magically," or is there a better way to bring it on?

I am not sure exactly how it will happen with yourself. It could happen in a variety of ways. All I can say for definite, is you will KNOW when it happens. :)

What I would do is work on getting to the stage where there is a definite difference in feeling when you return to C1. What I mean is, I progressively feel my physical body less and less; such that by the time I settle into my reclining chair at F3, I've normally lost touch with it more or less completely.

From then on, the going through the motions of the journey should be the focus of your attention. The feeling is just the same as if your attention was absorbed by watching a favourite movie. Only difference being the movie is being played in the realms of your imagination.  

I've said before that the Astral is very much closer than I suspect most people realise. It's right there, on the border of your imagination. What this technique does is to provide the framework to enable you to travel within the realms of your imagination. At some point you will reach that border and the Astral will come into view.

Yours,
Frank

kifyre

Question for Frank: http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/images/icon_Smile.gif" border=0>

Do you listen to the CD with headphones to make use of the "hemi-sync" technology, or do you just have it playing from speakers across the room, for example?

Thanks,

Mark

Frank

I use the tiny Walkman-style earphones which work okay with me. There is a school of thought that says for best effect use full-size headphones but I, personally, would find them too bulky.

Yours,
Frank

Adrian

Greetings Frank!

Apologies for resurrecting this thread http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/images/icon_Smile.gif" border=0>  But as I said before, I feel absolutely certain that you are on to something here of great value.

I just wanted to ask for the benefit of the people following this thread a couple of questions thus:

1) In the Astral access "sequence", how real/vivid/plasticly do you need to imagine or "see" the sequences you describe that lead to entering the Astral portal proper, and waving goodbye to the butler, (Clive?) for a time? E.g., can you imagine it like watching an inner TV screen, or do you find it more "hazy" than that and harder to maintain? I think you see the point of the question.

2) It is clear that dedication and perseverance is a major factor, and one where people might become despondent if no results are forthcoming.

How long did it take you before the Astral portal access sequence progressed from imagination to reality. By reality, I mean to the point where you no longer had to imagine it, but it rather assumed a life of its own, and the Astral environment, as entered through the portal, became solid, real and fluid - i.e. the Astral life proper where everything is happening around you, and you are a part of it, and can interact, communicate, etc...

3) Is this Astral experience (via the Astral portal), as vivid and real as your previous OBE experiences - indeed it the same Astral level, people etc.? I also assume that you can retain full recall of the experiences.

I ask these things because I have the beginnings of a project in mind - that is all I can say for now. But your valuable input would be most welcome!

With kind regards,

Adrian.

Vincit Omnia Veritas

Frank

Adrian: best of luck with your project. Replies, as follows:

quote:

1) In the Astral access "sequence", how real/vivid/plasticly do you need to imagine or "see" the sequences you describe that lead to entering the Astral portal proper, and waving goodbye to the butler, (Clive?) for a time? E.g., can you imagine it like watching an inner TV screen, or do you find it more "hazy" than that and harder to maintain? I think you see the point of the question.

At first it is hard to maintain. The tendency is to drift off on some other, more earth-bound thought(s). But this goes away with practise. Having the sequences mapped out on the CD is very helpful tool to practice with. Though if someone wanted to create their own sequence, I guess it would work well too. In which case I would advise them to plan it out carefully. Write down the script, and go through it several times in the Physical first.

The technique does not require you to first create the meditive "empty mind" state (though if a person could already do that it would be a bonus). The idea is, you flood your mind with other, more beneficial thoughts, i.e. those more likely to achieve contact with the Astral, as opposed to wondering what you're going to have for breakfast. Ultimately, having some kind of script *is* what keeps your mind focussed on the task in hand.

As for how I "see" these images: they are nowhere near as clear and vivid as the images I eventually see when stepping into the Astral realms - these images are as clear as day. It's more like I am sensing an awareness of an image in my mind, rather than seeing the image directly.

Astral access sequence is, as follows: I get to Focus 10, and stand in my F10 Hut looking out through the F12 doorway. I generally just stand there gazing at the blackness of the space scene, which is punctuated by all the stars. If nothing happens then I might fly into the blackness and drift about a bit. If still nothing happens then I'll come back to the Hut and stand looking for a while again - then fly off some more.

If the next stage (below) has not come about after 20 minutes, or so, then I will return to C1. I'll give it 5 or 10 minutes, go through the countdown to F10 again, and try for full Astral contact once more. (I won't try and force things as doing this is a MAJOR retrograde step.)

There comes a point, when I'm standing in the F10 Hut either gazing outwards or just drifting in the blackness, where the blackness takes on a kind of 3D effect (Note: Jeff_M's experiences are similar here so you might find reading over some of his posts helpful).

The blackness taking on this 3D effect, seems to be the transition between "sensing an awareness" of the imagery, and seeing the images directly, as clear as day, just like I were looking through my physical eyes. This is also the point where I *totally* lose all sensation of my physical body. (Not that I have much by the time I reach Focus 10 anyway, but there is always this inkling of a feeling until full Astral contact.)

First the blackness becomes 3D, followed by a sensation that the blackness is gently swirling around me. Then I normally see whirls of smoky, foggy-looking colours for a few seconds and, sometimes, there is a bright light in the distance which is obscured as it shines through the fog.

It is at this stage where I "mark my intent". (On the Astral "Intent" is the energy that drives you into experiencing whatever it is you want to experience.) Which sounds ever so easy to say, but I'm currently finding it difficult to learn. Well, as I've said before, my navigation skills were virtually non-existant and it is only recently that I've started getting the hang of it.

Then I find myself projected within the Astral proper.

quote:

2) It is clear that dedication and perseverance is a major factor, and one where people might become despondent if no results are forthcoming.

Yes, you are quite right. But I also found that Belief and Doubt are major factors that determine an individual's progress. Any kind of doubt puts a MAJOR spoke in the works. Belief is also another factor that can hinder (or accelerate) a person's progress.

The typical scenario a beginner is faced with is the question, "How can I believe something that doesn't exist?" (When I say "doesn't exist" I mean not existing on physical-plane reality.) As such, a person will naturally doubt the whole thing. Which is where Faith comes into it to a high degree.

They may read a book such as AD where aspects of projection are explained in simple, matter of fact terms. This tends to give people confidence in that they too can learn. So they set off just trying some small "energy awareness" technique.

Deep down, they are not really fully believing everything that is written, and they doubt whether they will ever be able to experience even half of what RB has written about. But the book has touched them to the extent they have a little Faith in what they are about to do, and naturally they will be curious.

All it takes is for them to make just a little progress, and this will have the effect of increasing their Faith and Curiosity. So they go in a little deeper and each time their Faith and Curiosity increases, and with it their doubts begin to fall away.

But an individual doesn't necessarily have to take this approach. The simple way to go from Physical A to Astral B, is to 1) Fully and absolutely believe in the possibility, and, 2) Have no doubt that results will be forthcoming. Bit of a tough cookie, I agree.    

quote:

How long did it take you before the Astral portal access sequence progressed from imagination to reality. By reality, I mean to the point where you no longer had to imagine it, but it rather assumed a life of its own, and the Astral environment, as entered through the portal, became solid, real and fluid - i.e. the Astral life proper where everything is happening around you, and you are a part of it, and can interact, communicate, etc...

I listened to the CD several hundred times over a period of months. During which time I concocted the imagery for the countdown sequence. It wasn't so much the actual concocting of the imagery that took the time. Thats part of it only took about 2 weeks to perfect, going through the sequence 2 or 3 times each morning. It was the realisation, or the idea, of going through the countdown in that way: which didn't come to me until I'd been listening to the CD for about 2 months.

Once I had perfected the imagery process, my progress began to accelerate quite rapidly. Had I initially begun using the CD, coupled with the imagery I am using now, I guess it would have taken me about 3 or 4 weeks before the transition to the Astral would have become a semi-predictable event, say, 6 times in 10 attempts.

quote:

3) Is this Astral experience (via the Astral portal), as vivid and real as your previous OBE experiences - indeed it the same Astral level, people etc.? I also assume that you can retain full recall of the experiences.

I really like the term "Astral portal" I'll use that in future, thank you. Yes, even more vivid and even more real. Doing what I used to do, i.e. my Cannonball Projection, is quite a shock to the system. Phasing through an Astral portal, by comparison, is a very smooth and controlled transition. As such, it is much easier on the system.

Plus, there is no feeling of leaving your physical body, no looking down seeing yourself on the bed and so forth. Which is okay for some. But most people who find themselves in that state get scared sh*tless.

In fact, it feels so smooth there is a strong tendency to think it's all just a vivid dream. It's not, of course, because there are distinct differences which I can readily detect as a result of my previous projection experience. Which leads me to your second point, yes, it's the same place I used to go.

Memory recollection is as easy as memory recollection is on the physical. But with one exception: if I fall asleep after the experience.

I've trained myself to go back to C1 (normal Physical consciousness) after any projection experience. But sometimes I get lazy thinking, "Oh, I'll have a few minutes of sleep then make some notes." Which is fatal, retention-wise.

HTH

Yours,
Frank

Adrian

Greetings Frank!

Thanks so much for your detailed reply. I will absorbe and comment on it later. Right now I need to collect the kids from school http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/images/icon_Smile.gif" border=0>

With best regards,

Adrian.

Vincit Omnia Veritas

Adrian

Greetings Frank!

Thanks once again for your much appreciated time in sharing this with us!

I have to say that I really do think you ae onto something extremely valuable here, and I thank you sincerely for sharing it with us.

You have a controlled, reliable, vivid, reproduceable and above all memorable Astral method, and which is clearly, to me anyway, a generation ahead of the conventional "forced" OBE - and it all makes alot of sense as well.

I like "Astral portal" as well - because that descibes it more or less exactly. And such portals can be created for different aspects of the Astral  - i.e., each Astral portal leads to a different Astral environment and beings.

I do have a project in mind, but I want to assimilate all of this valuable data first. But again, I am utterly convinced about this, and we definitely need to keep this in the forefront.  I am locking the topic in place for starters, so it doesn't go anywhere http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/images/icon_Smile.gif" border=0>

Thanks again.

With best regards,

Adrian.

Vincit Omnia Veritas

clandestino

hello there folks, with a tube strike forcing me to "work from home"  tomorrow, I've got plenty of opportunity to continue practising with wave 1 cd !

Just thought I'd throw in my progress so far. I've listened to the CD once every couple of days, and I'm attempting to do this early morning.... tricky at first, but the habit is slowly developing.

After ....maybe 20 - 30 listens, using a scenario a little different from Frank's ,
I am finding that it is becoming easier to keep my mind engaged in the whole imaginary scene I've constructed. At first I had to battle to keep my mind from wandering, but this is becoming less of a struggle.

Still falling asleep occasionally, ......no real progress to report to be honest !

Regarding Adrian's astral portal - I'm picturing it as a staging post between different astral planes / areas / Focuses ? Would it then be feasible to create a portal from the astral to the real time zone using this same technique of moving between different focus levels ?
cheers
Mark

Tisha

Hi!!!!!  I'm doing it too!!!!!  I'm setting up my own, tailor-made scenario.  It's much more fanciful and romantic and magical, of course, but hey - - - if Frank can have a butler, why can't I have a Fairy?   A talking horse?   Instead of an elevator, or a hut . . .  how about a magic carpet?  Or a castle?  Or a Mercedez-Benz zooming on the C1-C10 highway?  The options are ENDLESS.   . . . . oooohh, now I'm thinking, Italian Countryside!  How can I work in a vinyard????http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/images/icon_Smile_tongue.gif" border=0>

I'll share the scenario (and my success) when I get it all down.

I'm even rearranging my own (real-time) bedroom so that it matches my visualizations better, because I'm working a bedroom into the sequence.  This bedroom will be my safe-space if I find myself in a pickle while on the astral.

Sorry I've been AWOL but this painting project has overtaken my life.  My entire downstairs looks like a garage on Moving Day!

Tisha

"As Above, So Below"
Tisha

Adrian

Greetings Tisha!

Sounds like a very nice Astral portal http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/images/icon_Smile.gif" border=0>

But that is one of the points about this. You are creating, and establishing, your own personal portal as a "launching pad" into the Astral proper, and to that end it needs to be a sequence that you can remember and find interesting and captivating enough not to be tedious.

In that way, you wil, I am sure, l look forward to  going through the sequence knowing you will be stepping out into the Astral at the other end.

If you do this, please let us all know how it goes :-)

With kind regards,

Adrian.

Vincit Omnia Veritas