Mind over Matter? Amazing video - Mirin Dajo 1947

Previous topic - Next topic

Tombo

" In order to arrive at a place you do not know you must go by a way you do not know "

-St John of the Cross

Stillwater

Pretty neat. I read some German- I think the quote at the end is something like, "I remain nameless, I stand before you all, to prove what words alone cannot."

Although some older people bleed very little, and some people heal extraordinarily fast, that does not mean this is not impressive. It is difficult to take an inch-wide blade through a lung without losing any blood. Although he certainly has great poise, there looks like there is more to it. It is funny to see the marks on his back in various stages of healing, lol.
"The Gardener is but a dream of the Garden."

-Unattributed Zen monastic

Tombo

I'm no medic but I doubt that this is possible without paranormal ablity. It usually is not very good for your health if you run things through your intestinals like swords and the like  :wink: liver and renal also don't like to be pierced. He did some other things like swallowing knifes and such...
" In order to arrive at a place you do not know you must go by a way you do not know "

-St John of the Cross

Stillwater

Indeed, I would have difficulty explaining it without recourse to paranormal abilities. If you notice, there are particular places which he always inserts the swords, so He probably knows which organs we wants to avoid, but even so, this is more than impressive. It is not out of the question that he has some control over his body that others lack. Others have been demonstrated to control their heart rate and blood pressure, but this would be a most interesting ability.

Fourthdimension

i agree that mabye there is some mind over matter ethos here but you have also got to question wether there is any trickery
Click here
for the astral pulse chat and type in the channel #ubchat
alternatively go to http://webchat.freenode.net

Stillwater

I don't know about that- if there is any trickery, it is in the form of advanced contemporary video-editing. It is quite possible that this video was mde using cgi, it would not be hard. If it is a real period video, however, I would have real difficulty explaining how it could be faked. You see swords pull his skin to its elastic limit as they poke through, lol. I can't see any way you can fake a sword impaling your bear torso.

400 8-)