News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Wicked thought form

Previous topic - Next topic

knightlight

I was at work, bored, thinking of if I ever made a movie that it would be about AP and I would make it really terrifying.  I was thinking about a scene where I would have 2 people sleeping in a room and one would wake up and look over and see the other paralyzed.  Then out of the shadows this wickedly deformed semi humanoid thing would crawl out making strange sucking and gasping noises and make its way on top of the other person and psychically feed on them.  I kept envisioning this thing and refining how it would look and sound and how I could use the lighting to my advantage and make it really creepy.  I made it so real in my mind that when I went to project last night I was terrified of it!  I couldnt stop imagining it in the darkness of my room and I had to turn my light on to sleep.  

I realize that this thing is only in my mind and if it does attack me I have the power to destroy it because it is my creation, but my phasing experiences have been cut short recently due to my insane fear of this thing.  I cant tell you how truely disturbing and aweful this thing is to me without making the impression of it in my mind even more clear and solid.  Just last night I was SOOOO close to phasing, my body started to fade away and I KNEW if I kept going I would be phased in under a minute but I held myself back.  Any suggestions as to battling this thing?  Should I confront it face to face in F2?  Should I wait until I have lost my strong impression of it?  Any advice is welcome.
Profound Impatience makes the blind struggle in Stupidity.

mactombs

That's such a good example of how we scare ourselves. I've done that so many times. My suggestion to realize that it is in some way you, and it belongs to you. No need to fight it, since that just gives you the impression that it is an actual threat (when the only threat it has is of keeping you from phasing).

I don't know if this helps, but a lot of times when I'm dreaming and I become vaguely lucid I get the totally megalomaniac idea that I'm Hades. People in my dream will be all giving me weird looks, so I'll raise up some undead - then I get scared of my own undead. I've gotten to the point at this silly hardly-lucid dreaming state where in this case, I just go, "Hey, Bob! You're looking nice." And then we hit the town. Kinda silly, but scary stuff never has actually resisted a night on the town so far (or stealing a ship and hoisting the Jolly Roger).  :D
A certain degree of neurosis is of inestimable value as a drive, especially to a psychologist - Sigmund Freud

knightlight

Thanks for the advice, its thankfully starting to fade on its own as my image of it mentally is getting more and more foggy.  

:lol: Mac your my hero.  I can just imagine that monkey in your avatar suddenly puffing its chest out and saying "I am hades! suffer the wrathe of my undead hordes!" and summoning zombies only to run up a tree and cower for a few seconds and eventually offering to go pirate a ship with the zombies over a keg.  Priceless!

Good idea lola, I actually laughed pretty hard as I went through it in my mind as I read that.  I was thinking ok, darkness... rose, evil thing... I stopped and thought maybe you where going to suggest I give the creature the rose to make peace and then suddenly they are both just exploding randomly.   8)  :D

labouts

^ I probably would have thought that's insane a year ago.

Draco_Platina

Wow, my methods are... er, rather different. And a bit egotisitcal, but it works for me...
You know how mothers say to their children 'I'm tho only thing you should be afraid of.'? I think of myself as something that whatever lurks should fear. :P Like I said, a tiny bit arrogant, but it seems to work.
I must not fear, for fear is the mindkiller.

"A man with a dozen perfect sapphires will think 'I am wealthy!' whereas a dragon would think to himself 'Such beauty to behold!'" -Dragon Icra

knightlight

yes I have been working on developing my sense of godhood during my obe's.  I am not an arrogant person by any means.  I have never felt power in life.  i have recently been starting to take control and stand tall during my phasing escapades but I must admit I feel bad like I am victimizing people.  Maybe I am just weak, but your point is well taken.  This thought form has bit the dust and I am no longer afraid!  Thanks all for the advice!