News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Question i need help with:Immortality

Previous topic - Next topic

zorgblar

If  you have a spell on you to be immortal can you still do astral projection and lucid dreaming? :? :-)

personalreality

do you believe that you're actually immortal?

i don't see why that would inhibit projection.
be awesome.

Xanth

Quote from: personalreality on September 04, 2010, 12:04:21
do you believe that you're actually immortal?

i don't see why that would inhibit projection.
Being immortal doesn't remove your consciousness from the equation.
But in any case, I'm with PR here in being curious... do you ACTUALLY believe that you're immortal?  O_o

gdo

zorgbar,

You actually are immortal, You, that is you as in your conciousness, not necesarrily your body.  There is no 'Spell' for immortaility. 

Stillwater

Hard to say whether that is true or not. Depends on whether you mean think of yourself as your awareness, or as your personal identity,which is defined by memories, habits of thought, and perspective.

It seems pretty likely that self as awareness may be immortal, while self as personal identity may die with the body. After death, you will likely still exist in some form, but will forever lose the perspective you have now. You will be you, but not you at the same time. Sort of like a person who, for some reason is always attached to a bicycle. When they are finally seperated from it years later, they will still exist, but they will not feel like the same person, as they will have gained some abilities and sensations, and lost others. Imagine this change, only with perspective and cognitive apparatus substituted for bicycle. You will gain some abilities and sensations, and will lose others.
"The Gardener is but a dream of the Garden."

-Unattributed Zen monastic

Taoistguy

Immortality is not to be yaken as a literal thing, or a physical thing. Taoist Immortality takes years of preparing thr body and spirit through purification techniques and no spell can do this.

Killa Rican

I wonder if it's counted as Immortality if a person remembers & recalls every single life they lived since the very beginning. Sort Of Just a mass of consciousness inhabiting different bodies as vessels throughout it's existence, while incarnating. :S
For those who believe, no explanation is necessary. For those who do not, none will suffice. ~Joseph Dunninger

Firecracker

Quote from: gdo on September 09, 2010, 20:30:52
zorgbar,

You actually are immortal, You, that is you as in your conciousness, not necesarrily your body.  There is no 'Spell' for immortaility. 

Couldn't agree more.  There is no spell that will make your human body that you occupy now immortal.
If you have an interest in the Paranormal please view my site

http://www.purelyparanormal.org/index.php

Jarrod

This might be a good place to ask the question: What is a "light body?"  I've seen that term a few times, once used by Robert Bruce, but I still don't know what it was referring to.  I just know it's supposed to be immortal.  Is it something that you could hypothetically create physically?

NoY

when you have a classic OBE you create a body of light to use as a vehicle so you have two bodys at the same time

and when you phase you have a mental body

the light body is normally absorbed when you return from your classic OBE

:NoY:

eflynn

Quote from: Killa Rican on November 26, 2010, 23:12:19
I wonder if it's counted as Immortality if a person remembers & recalls every single life they lived since the very beginning. Sort Of Just a mass of consciousness inhabiting different bodies as vessels throughout it's existence, while incarnating. :S

On the surface, that's a pretty cool thought.  My gut reaction is that I'd love to be able to remember every single live I've ever lived since the beginning (assuming I have lived other lives - not saying whether or not I actually believe that). 

But when you think about it, would you really want to?  One of the most painful things you can experience in life is losing a loved one.  Imagine, if you really had lived other lives and could remember them, remembering all the loved ones you've lost over the centuries.  I'm thinking that could be pretty hard to bear.   

eflynn

Quote from: zorgblar on September 04, 2010, 11:05:08
If  you have a spell on you to be immortal can you still do astral projection and lucid dreaming? :? :-)

Huh???

:?

CFTraveler