News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Metaphysics Courses

Previous topic - Next topic

Tisha

very interesting!  thank you!

OK folks, you ready to take calculus?
Tisha

JoWo

Letitia Baker e-mailed me the following question and suggested that I answer it in this forum.

Q: I have a Bachelor of Science (social science) and am interested in going back to school to learn quantum physics.  Besides the calculus and "physics 101" prerequisites, and the courses titled "quantum physics" (which are obvious must-takes), what other courses do you consider essential to the understanding of metaphysical concepts?

A: In addition to the required math and physics courses, I would tadd philosophy and perhaps psychology.  The latter may not provide information on metaphysics, but it is useful to become familiar with psychological concepts.  
As to where to find an institution that excels in a deeper understanding of consciousness, the famous Apollo astronaut Edgar Mitchell gave the following advice to a fellow named Chris in his EDM Discussion Group, wwww.edmitchellapollo14.com/discgroup3/00000841.htm:

Re: To a greater understanding of consciousness

Chris, nearly all this work is currently being done by renegades like myself, just a few with university affiliations trying to bridge the gap between physicality and subjective experience. Until recently these topics were not very welcome in academia--and still are not in many mainstream institutions. I am not aware of any formal course work, only post doc studies. However, Hammeroff at Univ of Arizona at Tucson, Penrose at Oxford, Schempp at Univ of Seigen (Germany), Jahn at Princeton, and some work being done at Temple Univ are the precursors to course work. California Institute for lntergral Studies, offers work in the field but don't think they yet are at the level of the physics we are discussing here--but getting close, I imagine. There may be more, if you search around a bit.