News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

The Metaverse: Composed Of Infinite Macrospace And Microspace

Previous topic - Next topic

astral traveler

i believe that the metaverse is infinitely eternal and etenally infinite.

1. infinite macroverse: the idea that the macroverse is infinitely large, extending forever and ever, without beginning or end points.  there are no outer walls of the metaverse (although the metaverse is composed of an infinite number of universes).  the metaverse has no beginning or ending.

2. infinite microverse: the idea that a microverse is infinitely small, extending forever and ever.  in other words, the smallest molecules are composed of infinitely smaller particles that go on forever and ever.  there is no smallest particle that isn't composed of even smaller particles.
~~ Astral Traveler ~~

interception

Completely unprovable off course, but yeah, I also want to believe in infinity. It is.... comforting, somehow. Like the game can never be over.

MisterJingo

Quote from: interception on November 24, 2008, 07:18:22
Completely unprovable off course, but yeah, I also want to believe in infinity. It is.... comforting, somehow. Like the game can never be over.

Personally, the idea of going on forever scares me just as much as the idea of personal oblivion :D.

Starvingpercussionist

Oh I know it's true. I've seen infinity itself. This reality we see is just a focus - like blue and yellow stripes becoming green when you back up far enough away. An "illusory" aspect of the infinite "metaverse" as you call it.
THE ANSWER PARADOX
The answer to all paradoxes shows this: "Reality contains logic therefore logic cannot contain reality."
The paradox here is "how can one know this is true?".

If the answer to one paradox is another then the question is the answer.

astral traveler

Quote from: interception on November 24, 2008, 07:18:22Completely unprovable off course, but yeah, I also want to believe in infinity.
i consider it more of a mathematical probability.  for me, the theory solves more problems than it creates, as opposed to so many other theories about creation, etc.

QuoteIt is.... comforting, somehow. Like the game can never be over.
we look for that comfort, perhaps due to the need for psychological security or self-preservation.  wondering if these needs are eternal is another matter altogether.
~~ Astral Traveler ~~

astral traveler

Quote from: MisterJingo on November 24, 2008, 08:30:42
Personally, the idea of going on forever scares me just as much as the idea of personal oblivion :D.
this may depend upon the quality of existence.
~~ Astral Traveler ~~

astral traveler

Quote from: Starvingpercussionist on November 24, 2008, 09:18:47
Oh I know it's true. I've seen infinity itself. This reality we see is just a focus - like blue and yellow stripes becoming green when you back up far enough away. An "illusory" aspect of the infinite "metaverse" as you call it.
that's a very interesting and apt illustration.
~~ Astral Traveler ~~

Starvingpercussionist

If the inside of a point is a field, then existence must be infinitely vast and composed of infinitely small (or large) components.
THE ANSWER PARADOX
The answer to all paradoxes shows this: "Reality contains logic therefore logic cannot contain reality."

astral traveler

Quote from: Starvingpercussionist on November 24, 2008, 19:46:40
If the inside of a point is a field, then existence must be infinitely vast and composed of infinitely small (or large) components.
okay.  i'm not familiar with fields, unless you're referring to an energy field.
~~ Astral Traveler ~~

Starvingpercussionist

Just speaking the philosophy in geometry here, haha. A point and field are geometric concepts, as you probably already know (and I'm talking about a 3D field, not a 2D one).
THE ANSWER PARADOX

astral traveler

Quote from: Starvingpercussionist on November 25, 2008, 00:26:55
Just speaking the philosophy in geometry here, haha. A point and field are geometric concepts, as you probably already know (and I'm talking about a 3D field, not a 2D one).
okay, lolol.
~~ Astral Traveler ~~

Starvingpercussionist

Quote from: MisterJingo on November 24, 2008, 08:30:42

I used to be afraid of foreverness when I was a Christian - the idea of worshipping for all eternity scared me tremendously. Now I know better, haha. Worshipping has to be one of the biggest wastes of time of all human activities, IMO.

I've experienced personal oblivion before, otherwise known as "oneness". The only thing that remained in this state was the constant of all my experience - the awareness of the present moment. It's really nothing to be afraid of, it's just your ego that's afraid of becoming aware of its own meaninglessness.
THE ANSWER PARADOX

interception

Quote from: astral traveler on November 24, 2008, 12:45:22
we look for that comfort, perhaps due to the need for psychological security or self-preservation.  wondering if these needs are eternal is another matter altogether.

Sure, choosing to be incarnated here on Earth is far from the most comfortable option, but it is a great temporary learning "zoo". Self preservation is not in question.  :wink:

I don't think the universal yearning of any conscious entity for comfort, security and self preservation will ever cease. With self preservation can come radical change off course, that is kind of the point though, changing yourself for the better.

It is total oblivion that scares the heck out of me.

Starvingpercussionist

Quote from: interception on November 27, 2008, 09:20:19
I don't think the universal yearning of any conscious entity for comfort, security and self preservation will ever cease. With self preservation can come radical change off course, that is kind of the point though, changing yourself for the better.

What did Jesus do?  :-o  , :wink:

QuoteIt is total oblivion that scares the heck out of me.

It's nothing to be afraid of. You can't experience total oblivion if there isn't an awareness there to experience nothing but itself. I remember the fear I used to have when looking in the mirror and asking "what am I really" with the flash that would come and bring the answer. I never stopped trying though, to see what that flash was. In that flash was total oblivion, and when trying to remember what happened came the fear. After experiencing "oneness" though, I know that there's absolutely nothing to see (literally). It's an ego self defense mechanism or something like that which creates the fear.

I think that if you're afraid of oneness, then you don't realize that you are hostage to the ego, not host to it.
THE ANSWER PARADOX

astral traveler

Quote from: interception on November 27, 2008, 09:20:19
Sure, choosing to be incarnated here on Earth is far from the most comfortable option, but it is a great temporary learning "zoo". Self preservation is not in question.  :wink:
yes, it does feel like a zoo sometimes, lolol.

QuoteI don't think the universal yearning of any conscious entity for comfort, security and self preservation will ever cease. With self preservation can come radical change off course, that is kind of the point though, changing yourself for the better.
okay.

QuoteIt is total oblivion that scares the heck out of me.
i fear interacting with my brother's in-laws.  that may be near to the eternal oblivion experience.
~~ Astral Traveler ~~

Greytraveller

Most of what has been posted here regarding infinity are ideas that I generally agree with.
IMHO the metaverse (or multiverse) is infinite.
btw I believe that infinity lies in the countless 4 dimensional space-time universes that make up the metaverse. But somehow I think that the higher planes ('astral planes" of the fifth dimension and above) are not infinite and eventually do have some sort of limitation and end. That is why I generally reject the notion of seeking wisdom and knowledge on the "higher' astral planes. This might seem counterintuitive to many people and, of course, there is no way to prove it. It is a very strong  gut feeling.

Grey

Starvingpercussionist

Quote from: astral traveler on November 27, 2008, 14:36:45
i fear interacting with my brother's in-laws.  that may be near to the eternal oblivion experience.

Haha.  :lol:
THE ANSWER PARADOX

astral traveler

Quote from: Greytraveller on November 27, 2008, 16:17:18
Most of what has been posted here regarding infinity are ideas that I generally agree with.
IMHO the metaverse (or multiverse) is infinite.
btw I believe that infinity lies in the countless 4 dimensional space-time universes that make up the metaverse. But somehow I think that the higher planes ('astral planes" of the fifth dimension and above) are not infinite and eventually do have some sort of limitation and end. That is why I generally reject the notion of seeking wisdom and knowledge on the "higher' astral planes. This might seem counterintuitive to many people and, of course, there is no way to prove it. It is a very strong  gut feeling.

Grey
how would you know where these planes end?
~~ Astral Traveler ~~