News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Concerning meditation

Previous topic - Next topic

desmodromic

So like, when I'm meditating, how will I know if I'm actually doing it right???? Am I supposed to go into a deep trance or a certain brainwave state for it to be completely effective??? If so, how???

I generally haven't been meditating every day. Shame on me lol... when I do meditate I can feel that vibratory buzzy sensation in the third eye area, but only if I'm thinking of next to nothing... which lasts like 2-10 seconds lol ... if I think about something or have a feeling or an emotion come up, it goes away instantly...

:D
The wind calls my name
           The sand beneath my feet remembers
                  I have a date with destiny
                     I am what I will to be

Stookie

Be sure you're good and relaxed. A simple way to start is simply just observing. Passively observe what thoughts arise, what you hear, what you see behind your eyelids, etc. Don't hold onto it, just make note and let it fall away. If you're relaxed enough, you might kind of "click" in and out, but just center your focus of attention again. If you get the buzzy sensation in your third eye area, make note, but don't let it distract you. This goes for all sensations. After practice and getting good at this, eventually you'll start entering a trance state. Don't wait and expect it to happen, just let it happen on it's own it the process of "noticing".

I think that's a pretty efficient and simple meditation. Anyone, feel free to add your tips and suggestions.

desmodromic

Quote from: Stookie on December 05, 2008, 11:56:40
Be sure you're good and relaxed. A simple way to start is simply just observing. Passively observe what thoughts arise, what you hear, what you see behind your eyelids, etc. Don't hold onto it, just make note and let it fall away. If you're relaxed enough, you might kind of "click" in and out, but just center your focus of attention again. If you get the buzzy sensation in your third eye area, make note, but don't let it distract you. This goes for all sensations. After practice and getting good at this, eventually you'll start entering a trance state. Don't wait and expect it to happen, just let it happen on it's own it the process of "noticing".

I think that's a pretty efficient and simple meditation. Anyone, feel free to add your tips and suggestions.

Thanks!! =D I guess I just need to practice..... It's hard to feel confident unless I know I'm getting somewhere....
The wind calls my name
           The sand beneath my feet remembers
                  I have a date with destiny
                     I am what I will to be

The Present Moment

Quote from: desmodromic on December 05, 2008, 22:45:17
Thanks!! =D I guess I just need to practice..... It's hard to feel confident unless I know I'm getting somewhere....

To some degree, you can always be doubting your meditation and whether it is successful or good, even if you are very experienced. The problem with this attitude is that it interferes with acceptance, relaxation, or letting go, which is an important factor in settling the mind. I don't know what method you are using, but my advice would be to simply do it and not worry about the outcome.