News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

"Created In The Image Of God"

Previous topic - Next topic

Xanth

I wanted to explore the notion that we are "created in the image of god", because I don't think for a second it means what most "religious" people think it means.  I believe most religious people believe this means that god looks like us - head, two arms, two legs, etc.

I believe it means the exact opposite and also means that we are much more powerful than most people want to even consider.

To say that we are created in the image of god, means the spiritual part of us - which I identify as being what we REALLY are - a small bit of consciousness we call an "awareness".

To me, it means that, since we are part and parcel of consciousness that *WE* are gods.  We are creators of this world as much as any other being which inhabits this world.

What are your thoughts on that statement?  "Created in the image of god"?

Just curious to what we projectors think about this concept.

LightBeam

Yes, just like you I' have always associated this statement with our souls not bodies, but the more I expand on understanding what God is = All That Is", then that applies to the physical bodies as well, but it also applies for all forms (physical, non-physical) and consciousness. Basically, God is everything and everything is God. God is not something separate that created something and let it lose. God just expresses itself through many experiences including what we perceive ourselves to be as individual characters.
"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem."
Captain Jack Sparrow

Nameless

"Created in the Image of God" ?

Oooh boy, what a can of worms. If you go way back in history and study several translations of what was written prior to the Holy Bible you will actually find out what "They (the gods) actually meant. They simply put, wanted a thinking slave that could do their tasks for them without constant supervision AND that could survive and even thrive in Earth's environment as that was a very real challenge to "Them".

The religious connotations came later. You can't blanket Christians or any other religious group for eventually falling victim to false teachings. Heck, even we the 'enlightened' do it. We are all gullible that is, and it was part of our creation and training.

To add, my statements in no way suggest I have no faith. I absolutely do, it just doesn't come from others.

It's there, you just have to dig and this is only my thoughts.
Remember, You came here to this physical earth to experience it in its physical form. NPR will always be there.

Adrian

Quote from: Xanth on February 23, 2024, 11:47:47I wanted to explore the notion that we are "created in the image of god", because I don't think for a second it means what most "religious" people think it means.  I believe most religious people believe this means that god looks like us - head, two arms, two legs, etc.

I believe it means the exact opposite and also means that we are much more powerful than most people want to even consider.

To say that we are created in the image of god, means the spiritual part of us - which I identify as being what we REALLY are - a small bit of consciousness we call an "awareness".

To me, it means that, since we are part and parcel of consciousness that *WE* are gods.  We are creators of this world as much as any other being which inhabits this world.

What are your thoughts on that statement?  "Created in the image of god"?

Just curious to what we projectors think about this concept.

The idea of God being an anthropomorphic deity "up there" somewhere probably originates from the "image of God" mentioned in the bible and taken literally.

As you say "made in the image of God" refers to our Spiritual, Divine and Eternal reality.

We not merely "Gods", we ARE God, Source, The One the All, human consciousness on Earth, and the Astral for that matter, experiencing God as if through a very narrow holographic projection that humans call "life". Through Spiritual Evolution, through experience, and the transition from duality to Oneness and ego to Love we Experience progressively more of the Whole, until ultimately waking up from the collective dream, finally home.
https://ourultimatereality.com/
Vincit Omnia Veritas

Volgerle

All religions (montheistic as well as all the 'pagan' multi-god pantheons of Romans, Greeks, 'barbarians' such as Germanics, Celts, many indigenous tribes around the world and in all ages, etc) humanised their god(s) in order to comprehend them better. Abstract concepts to approach what REALITY really is don't do it for the 'normies'. Also it was created and held up for the powers to control the people better. A guy with a white beard on a throne is just more authoritative than a concept of, say, "Source" or "All That Is" or whatever.

LightBeam

I thought this relates to the topic of God/Source. I joined Quantum Physics group on FB because I am interested in this field in particular how close it is to discover the correlation between physical and non-physical. The multidimensionality of existence and the intelligent source behind what we observe as a physical universe. Most people on that page have the education and work in the field. There are many discussions with many people participating daily. But I thought they were more open minded when comes to the non-physical aspect. Sort of we know it's there we just have to find a way to link it and experience it. But no, just the opposite. Today someone posted about the possibility of an intelligent source creating the big bang, and you can not believe how many people jumped insulting that person to leave the God non sense out of science, making fun of it.
And that showed me again, how diverse the world is and how I live in my own personal reality which is very different than what I observed today. I actually thought to myself that I must have shifted into another version of Earth where scientists are so behind. But it did not bother me as it would have a few years ago, because I understand now the personal reality concept and respect everyone's choices of experience. I will simply tune them out as they are not on my wavelength and return to my reality. Observation of something not in our wavelength is ok, but we don't have to be sucked into it, because we would lower our wavelength to theirs. If this is not who we are and we know it, it should not be hard to refocus again within our reality. 
"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem."
Captain Jack Sparrow

Lumaza

No worries Lightbeam. They will get it sooner or later. They are just coming at it from a different path. As we know, there are many paths that lead to the same destination. They have just chosen the most difficult one!
"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."  Nicolai Tesla

tides2dust

Personal opinion, to say they have chosen the most difficult one is a bias. Not looking for confrontation, just thinking we don't have it all figured out. Nothing wrong with bias either! I think it's true to say, "though our paths may differ, the destination is the same." but I think it's only a half truth to say one path is more difficult than the other. The whole truth is what is considered difficult to one, is considered easy to another- and any one person can say the other has chosen the more difficult path. Two people can look at each other and think the other person is disconnected from reality. How could so and so believe such a thing? I would never! And yet they aren't so different after all. We all suffer and face difficulties, but never know the full extent of an individuals suffering. Some would have you believe suffering is not unique, but I believe it is entirely unique. You are proof of a unique personality. We are sharing an intimate journey with One. And that uniqueness is only uncovered as we learn and unlearn- soon we see that every aspect of the picture is necessary to make the whole. The smooth, the jagged, the brights, the darks. Neither good or bad, right or wrong, difficult or less difficult-

The best thing any one person can do is grow closer to their ideal, even if their belief(which is subject to change) is that god does not exist. In so doing the Truth becomes clear.

Sorry for tangent. My cousin is Atheist but I don't feel right saying she chose the most difficult path. One could argue dogmatic extremist have also chosen the most difficult path. See... ?

=)

Love and Light!!

Lumaza

My post meant that they were coming at it by using the "current Science" available to them. In my eyes. that is the
"most difficult path". They are and always have used "Scientific methodology" to attempt to prove that the NPRs do in indeed exist. Currently" they do not have the tools to do that. If you read Lightbeam's posts, she was talking about people on a Forum about Quantum Physics, which is more "Science oriented".

... and no, even we don't have it all figured out. We have found a way to experience. I always said, "just when I thought I had it figured out, it changes". I still hold to that today.
"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."  Nicolai Tesla

LightBeam

I look at things on the bright side. What's the rush. We have eternity to rediscover ourselves from infinite points of views with infinite lessons learned in infinite number of ways. I accept all, as all is a part of All That Is. If Earth gets blown up tomorrow, so what. This would be just one of the infinite versions of earth, and given that all scenarios exist in the multiverse, this really is no big deal. The consciousness constantly jumps from one reality to another and from one scenario/version to another, whether perceiving thongs from the smaller scale to the largest of them all. But always in a state of becoming, forever and ever, and ever. Just wanted to portray how small our problems truly are in the grandest of scales. 
Captain Jack Sparrow

tides2dust

Hello, hello! =) Yes, I understand. And, I believe you understand me too!

I am excited where we've come with science and consciousness and I have a hopeful attitude about it all.

Seems I have another personal opinion to relay!

If the Earth gets blown up- not so what. It's a big deal! To me. :roll: I chose to incarnate here, and I know this region of time and space is very unique. Very special. Hehehe.  Our planet is such a gracious host... This is the direction I have chosen. That means dancing, being confused, getting angry, not understanding, loving, learning... And I believe this planet is very, very special! That it is important to experience that here. That this planet... No, this Universe has its own personality. I believe it. I feel it. I can not be dispassionate about it. *To me* that is a good thing.  :-)

Love and Light - Yeehaw! 

LightBeam

Quote from: tides2dust on March 04, 2024, 21:06:58If the Earth gets blown up- not so what. It's a big deal! To me. :roll: I chose to incarnate here, and I know this region of time and space is very unique. Very special. Hehehe.  Our planet is such a gracious host... This is the direction I have chosen. That means dancing, being confused, getting angry, not understanding, loving, learning... And I believe this planet is very, very special! That it is important to experience that here. That this planet... No, this Universe has its own personality. I believe it. I feel it. I can not be dispassionate about it. *To me* that is a good thing.  :-)

:) My point is that we experience infinite versions of something including Earth life. In one version Earth gets destroyed, in another survives, in another the population kills one another, in another version there is bliss and synchronicity. In all of these versions we are participants. We are just not realizing it fully as isolated characters. But if we understand the nature of existence as a whole, we will not be so concerned about one isolated scenario's outcome, because we experience them all anyway.   
Captain Jack Sparrow

Jo'ogn

I came across "my" first Seth book at the age of around 16. The christian religion - protestant is predominant where I was born - never really felt like it was "the answer" to my questions. Back at that time I was also fascinated by astro-physics and almost felt like that was a way for me to persue - profession-wise.

Until around 1992 where I read a book (in the small library of the school) about scientific "claims" (such books are usually written in a that's-how-it-is tone, rather than "that's our hypothesis of the day") of so-called "quasars" at the outer rims of a supposedly expanding universe. I thought to myself: Wow, you guys talk about millions - even billions of light years away - ignoring what's inbetween or how the rule's of physics might be different over there, I found all those ideas of fast rotating "collapsed stars" that radiate like lighthouses so preposterous, that I instinctively put away the book and was done with that kind of"science" - I was in training to be an electronic technician at that time...

Around 2003 I came across the Elias-Forum. Other than Seth or Bashar, Mary Ennis allows almost all (some people don't want their private sessions published) of the session transcrips to be published on a web-site. Someone went through the "trouble" to make topic related "digests" and I soaked those up...

So that's my angle. Even though "knowing the way, isn't walking the way"  :wink:

Quote from: Lumaza on March 04, 2024, 18:35:16No worries Lightbeam. They will get it sooner or later. They are just coming at it from a different path. As we know, there are many paths that lead to the same destination. They have just chosen the most difficult one!
According to Elias, each individual has their own perception, which creates their own reality. Which means, we do not interact with others physical form, but rather with their energy expression and use it somehow like a "copy" to insert it into our own perception (reality). Which in turn creates billions of realities on this planet alone - not including each individuals parallel probable realities from which we choose to experience the "one" that we remember.

While "we" all seem to follow the basic and mighty belief-systems ("rules" which shape this physical, time-bound dimension). It shall be possible to neutralize their influence on us and choose other beliefs. Which makes those "scientific truths"(tm) somewhat blurry (take e.g. illnesses that kill some and do not phase others, what shall be the "right cure" if it's sort of imaginary anyway).

Elias also said once, that the secret of life is, that there is not secret. This dimension is not a trial to "become better"(tm). He keeps on pointing out, that we all already are. This dimension shall be a place where - let's call it "the universal conciousness" or all-that-is - merely experiences itself for fun - out of curiosity. It doesn't judge.

He also refers to an incarnation as a focus (of conciousness - which we can shift to e.g. project or dream) of which an "oversoul" might have only a few or many in this dimension at different time periods. "We" also shall not re-incarnate, nor have "karma"(tm) to carry along. As from the point of "energy-conciousness" time does not exist and is always now.

So, those scientist are neither really wrong, nor do they have to get on the "right path" - it seems we all choose, more or less concious, what we like in a certain focus - including  suffering and pain, which is part of the experience.

I like to use the analogy of Multi-User-Online-Games that people play for fun and all they see of the other players are "copies" on their computer's screen, while the other players sit at their computers, watching from a somewhat different angle, experiencing a somewhat different reality.

From that point of view, yes, we create in the image of god(s), which we seem to be ourselves...

Suziefish

I find myself referring to 'up there' when imagining a place where personal connections have a recognizable landing field upon departure..  I imagine some of them dancing among our stars, available for continuous hellos.. others, I suspect, have chosen to become corporeal once again..

yes, the God(dess I personally am exists in my non-physical being, and enjoys laughing at the side-steps my physical self tries out in our adventures here on this earthly plane..

I agree with her,
my experiences are quite often hilarious !!