News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Empath/Clairsentience

Previous topic - Next topic

Lillianna

So lately, since reading that that even was a thing ( I didn't know) I've been wondering if I am just too sensitive like everyone says or whether that really is a gift. I do just know things sometimes, and I do feel an awful lot. So I thought I would ask any others that would clarify themselves as empaths or those that may have clairsentience, or some sort of super-feeling thing, if they also get some of the weird things I do. Like I can't watch shows like American Idol unless it's for someone I know is really good because otherwise I get so worried that they'll mess up and then I just feel awful for them. I tend to get embarrassed for people...people on t.v, in movies, friends whatever. I mean really...I'll get all awkward...and blush, if it's on t.v. I have to turn the channel. And I can also be a bit paranoid like I can see through a lot of things with people...like if thier lying I'm usually pretty good at knowing, I have pretty good intuition and I sometimes feel like everyone is like that and I worry that they can feel what I'm thinking too.

Stookie

Empathy is a gift if you don't let it get the best of you. If you're feeling others' emotions when you don't want to or it hinders what you need to do, it's a problem. Keeping emotions at bay and not letting them control a situation is important for a balanced life.

I tend to get embarrassed for people...people on t.v, in movies, friends whatever. I mean really...I'll get all awkward...and blush, if it's on t.v. I have to turn the channel.

To me that's a hindrance, because your feelings are intense enough that it dictates your actions. The trick is to make empathy work for you, not against you.

kislany

Yeah, I know exactly what you mean, I am the same. Sometimes I switch the channels on the tv until the 'awkward' moment passes. It's really weird, and I thought I'm the only one. I've been told a long time ago that I'm an empath, so at least I know what's 'wrong' with me (or is it a gift?). Now if I could only learn to make empathy work for me, not against me, as Stookie also said...

At work, when I walk in the office, I know in advance when the boss's mood is 'weird', negative, and true enough, shortly it proves to be correct...

Stookie

Quote from: kislany on March 24, 2009, 04:42:22
At work, when I walk in the office, I know in advance when the boss's mood is 'weird', negative, and true enough, shortly it proves to be correct...

I completely feel you on that!

I also believe that "empaths" have a great ablitity to influence a positive change on someone who's tough to deal with like that. When my boss is in a mood, I do my best to shift the energy change in the room, whether it be through just having a positive attitude (which can sometimes make him more irritated), or giving a compliment about something, or starting a conversation that's not about work. Instead of just absorbing the negativity and bearing it, an "empath" can utilize and change it.

And sometimes you just have to deal with it.

Lighten

I have the same thing. The only difference is I can semi control it. I not only feel embarrassment for people, but all emotions. I can also place myself in the mind of someone else and feel what they are 'likely' feeling. I say likely because I have no way of knowing for sure. I consider it a gift in many ways. For one, you can tell if someone is lying most of the time. You can also be more understanding of someones situation and your wont judge them.