News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Meditation/....

Previous topic - Next topic

Enterprise87

Ive heard meditating is very healthy and it can give you lots of answers, just by listening and feeling.
This sounds very beneficial and i would like to learn how to meditate.
Could any one teach me?

aleshah

You must learn this by yourself, in sense of  personal benefits.
Just visualize tasks you want "optimize" and go ahead.
The sense is to get diffrent points, by repeat so your mind get a
multidimensional picture, without getting crazy :shock:
(anti-meditaion)

Or get to one point (negative, absorbing state)
Or shift your consciousness to a diffrent plane.(overloading, channeling)

taking it slow :wink:

Novice

This forum is where you can get more feedback regarding meditation.

There are many methods of meditation. Most people conjure up images of people sitting in lotus on the floor either silent or chanting strange words and letters. This is only one method.

You can meditate sitting on a floor, sitting in a chair, standing or lying down.

Basically you want to calm your mind down such that you aren't having thoughts whizzing about all over the place. When you first start out, you simply focus on something, your breath, heart beat, a word, phrase, whatever you feel comfortable with. Just mentally focus only on that one thing. When thoughts arise and you find your mind wandering, simply bring it back to your focus object.

Just praciticing this technique can take awhile, but its well worth the time and effort. Eventually, you will be able to reach a point where your mind stills and you are unaware of everything, your body, surroundings, breathing, etc.

With enough practice, you can begin meditating on issues you are having and want guidance on. Everyone is different, and it took me about a year to reach the point at which I could meditate on a problem I was having and receive answers/guidance. Its definately somethign well worth while but it won't happen over night -- at least it didn't for me.

Perhaps others will have more techniques or tips for you.
Reality is what you perceive it to be.

Vilkate

The thing I did first when I took up meditation was clearing up my mind from unnecessary thoughts - some call them "the inner chaos". It took me quite a time before I managed it.
The next thing I felt important was to realize that I am here and alive. It might sound trivial, but are you really fully aware that you exist here and now?
I do it like this - take whichever position you are comfortable in. Clear up your mind, so that it is completely silent. Imagine you are in a beautiful forest, the sun is shining and its light is entering you. Take several deep breaths, at each one saying in thoughts:
inhale...
exhale...
inhale...
exhale...

This is for you to realize and be completely aware that you are breathing. Feel your existence.
At each inhale the light is entering you, filling you with energy and joy for life. At each exhale, tenseness and mist goes away from your mind.Continue as long as you feel it necessary, and, as you imagine the light enter you, you can add this:

inhale-I AM alive
exhale - I AM alive

And so on. Once again, it is important to realize that you are truly alive, not only repeat the sentence.

At the end of meditation, thank God/Mother Earth/whoever you honor for the beautiful wonder of life and awareness you have been given.

This meditation works for me, but I hope that others can gain benefits from it, too.
~Our name is Eternity~

On my way to the infinite universe of Light and Unity.