1,500 year old bible, Jesus predicts Muhammad's comming.

Previous topic - Next topic

Karas

Firmly understand that there is no joy or sorrow in this world. If you believe worldly objects are a source of happiness, in their absence you will feel sorrow. Accept the fact that there is no true happiness in the world.

Rudolph

Here is a sample of Aramaic from the period claimed in the article;
http://www.schoyencollection.com/aram-heb-syr_files/ms1911_1.jpg

Notice anything?

Like the Aramaic script styles are completely different in that this so called Barnabas gospel dubiously dated to be 1500 years old is going to be adjusted to more like 1000 years old and its authenticity will be plainly in doubt.

Plus there is no mention of this gospel in any of the early controversies and canonical arguments ...

obvious baloney.

I did a quick search and found this;

"The Gospel of Barnabas (GB) is a well known late-medieval forgery (most likely 15th or 16th Century Spain) which purports to be a lost or suppressed gospel by the apostle Barnabas.
[...]
With regard to authenticity its challenges are numerous:

- it refers to jubilees occurring every 100 years rather than every fifty as was the case in the early Christian epoch (changed to 100 years intervals in 14th century)

- uses the fourth century Latin vulgate translation of the Bible (challenging for first century author)

- claims that Jesus was born when Pilate was governor (26 or 27 A.D.)

- claims that Nazareth is a seashore or lakeshore village

- despite the editors apparent attempt to confuse GB with the first century Epistle of Barnabus or the fifth century apocryphal Acts of Barnabas there is no reference to this text by either Christian or Islamic writers prior to approximately 1600"

http://www.amazon.com/Gospel-Barnabas-Apocrypha-Foreword-Muhammad/product-reviews/1881316157
Beware the fake "seeker" who finds Truth to be abusive.

Karas

Well have to wait and see how the studies goes I guess. What I don't understand is how this Jesus dude is popping up in lost books and books that are not known. And he can only be found in books of storys but can't be found as an actual person. I really wana be in the days where it all started and understand what's theses people were doing. That's what I hate about theses ancients and there Religious beliefs. What we need is a divine book that will show up infront of us (worldwide) and show us what's really going on. We really do need a modern up todate divine book =/  
Firmly understand that there is no joy or sorrow in this world. If you believe worldly objects are a source of happiness, in their absence you will feel sorrow. Accept the fact that there is no true happiness in the world.

Rudolph

The studies are done. It is an obvious forgery.

The repeated claim about there being no contemporary reference to the man is just more anti-Christian lies meant to suppress a spontaneous, grass roots based but foreign power force that the elites can't control. Check out Josephus, Tacitus and Pliny. All pagan and near contemporary comments on Jesus the man. That much alone is pretty amazing for a simple wandering mendicant who was neither King nor Conqueror.

It sounds like what you "hate about theses ancients and there Religious beliefs" is a bunch of lies and fabrications.

I don't think we need another book.

We have plenty of good ones already. What we are lacking is sufficient courage and motivation to actually do the hard work of improving our state of Consciousness.
Beware the fake "seeker" who finds Truth to be abusive.

CFTraveler

Quote from: Karas on March 22, 2012, 06:42:04
Well have to wait and see how the studies goes I guess.
I think what Rudolph quoted is pretty conclusive, IMO, especially these:
Quoteit refers to jubilees occurring every 100 years rather than every fifty as was the case in the early Christian epoch (changed to 100 years intervals in 14th century)

- uses the fourth century Latin vulgate translation of the Bible (challenging for first century author)
It was obviously written after the fact.

QuoteWhat I don't understand is how this Jesus dude is popping up in lost books and books that are not known.
I think the answer is obvious- there is an official religion, you want this other religion to be recognized, so you quote the central figure as 'seeing' the new one as prophecy- it's the oldest trick in the book.  Literally.

QuoteAnd he can only be found in books of storys but can't be found as an actual person.
You can say the same about any historical figure, except maybe for members of royalty whose bones are preserved.  So that really doesn't mean anything.

QuoteI really wana be in the days where it all started and understand what's theses people were doing. That's what I hate about theses ancients and there Religious beliefs. What we need is a divine book that will show up infront of us (worldwide) and show us what's really going on. We really do need a modern up todate divine book =/  
There are many 'new' spiritual books.  But like any other channeled material, you're going to read a mixture of what they've seen/heard mixed with their previous beliefs.  So unless you get a time machine, good luck with that.

Seeking ET

If it's not in the Bible, then it can't be accurate?  This is a book that claims the Earth is 7,000 years old, or that ancient Sodomites tried to rape angels.  The Bible may be a correct interpretation of the superstitions of the cultures depicted, but it's not a reliable tool to measure the validity of OTHER texts.  It, too, may have gotten much of it wrong.

CFTraveler

Quote from: Seeking ET on March 25, 2012, 23:47:39
If it's not in the Bible, then it can't be accurate?  This is a book that claims the Earth is 7,000 years old, or that ancient Sodomites tried to rape angels.  The Bible may be a correct interpretation of the superstitions of the cultures depicted, but it's not a reliable tool to measure the validity of OTHER texts.  It, too, may have gotten much of it wrong.
ET, I don't think you're focusing on what we're saying.
No one said "because the bible says this or that it must be true"- we are saying that the original claim that one religion must be 'true' because a scripture supposedly says so' is bogus, based on what the scripture itself says, because it obviously isn't historically accurate-
We're not going into a look at religion in general, we're looking at a specific claim and what it specifically uses as the argument.

Everlasting

He predicted a lot of things. I beleive talmud of Immanuel is the real deal.
Priests of hippocratic love talk of peace and Christ, Power is their only goal. Now they all shall die.