2012 - End of the world as we know it - ???

Previous topic - Next topic

unusual

What are your toughts on theories about the end of the world that would occure in 2012 according to Mayan and many other predictions.
They claim that on 21. Dec 2012 the calendar ends, so does this whole era, and new era begins, transforming humans from what they are now to true spiritual beings.
Not the end of the world like we usually refer to it, but the begining of the whole new era, the better one...
Sounds amazing, but my personal opinion is that nothing that significant is not going to happen, just like at least dozen 'ends of the world' that were supposed to occur from 2000 till now. :) However, this teory has a pretty solid ground.

What are your opinions...?

Nostic

My thoughts?
Lets just wait and see what happens.
Be prepared for the worst.
Hope and pray for the best, whatever your version of "the best" may be.

Sentinal

A list of years that someone has predicted the end of the world.
1990-1997
1999-2006

There are also future dates scattered from now till 2076. Pretty hard to take it seriously considering the track record.

peaceful warrior

People have been predicting the end of the world since we humans could grasp the thought. There are multiple people in chicago right know predicting the end soon but i seriously doubt it really is going to happen.

You said that this theory has some sound solid ground what might that be, please give evidence and reasons why you think they might be right.(And don't tell me that the world today is in choas with all the wars going on because there have always been wars and many of them worse then the ones today)
The only people truely happy in life are the ignorent and the wise

unusual

Actually, that is not true... Yes, there were more devastating wars in the past, more people killed...
But now wars are fought from the inside, and the deception of people has never been greater...
A huge part of humanity's lifestyles are controlled, by media influence, fake advertising, politic lies...
Every truly beneficial thing or every invention for greater good is being surpassed by the corporations and the organisations running the world... Most of the population never even stopped to develop their spiritual side.
And as the matter of fact, I think people are stupider than ever, and are further from their purpose than ever before.
And i think it is a time for change, although I admit that the tought of it makes me a bit afraid.
Just a tought...

GANAMOHA

well I am not sure about the end of the world but I had a dream a few days ago that there was a huge mushroom shape explosion a few miles away then I said "HOLY excrement" grabbed my sister and dove in the other direction and there was a white light then I was in nothingness saying to my self that I was not going to let my self die and then I woke up. The detail of my surrounding were erily percise and the sound the feeling of this pressure fluctuation was so extreme it was very weird. heres the weird part I live on the califonian coast which is the area that was threatened to be tageted by korea... then again it was just a dream
I stand at the threshold of what could be a new world

Mydral

Well there might be some truth to it. Look at the last 100 years or so:

2 World wars
Lots of other wars (we are still having bad ones now)
Drug usage increased by so much.... its one form of evil (yes sounds stupid but I don't know how else to express it)
Natural disasters
Drastic climate and season changes, also all storms etc. get stronger

There are so many signs that the world is getting worse and worse... it seems like its ending somehow or coming towards an end. 2012 something might happen...... I don't believe that the world will be destroyed or something like that and that we have to follow someone/something to be safed... but something might happen, a restart or so.
In somnis veritas

Sentinal

The dark ages sounded pretty bad to me. Plaque, wars, average life expectancy of 40, etc. From that perspective it would seem that things have gotten better.

Cory The Great

Yah but technically its true that if there were an end of the world it would probably be within the next 100 year why not 2012.  I think that when the world does end its not going to be a nice transition its just going to be a bunch of humans clinging to life as it is ripped away from them. Our coporations wont realease their hold on gas and go out of their way to destroy alternate fuel sources.  That alone is enough to end us in the next 100 years however now third world countries with power hungry leaders are getting hold of Weapons of Mass Destruction. 2012 sounds like a unbelievably long time to live.

At one time I thought demons would kill us all.  But it seems that We will kill us all.
Death really is the High cost of living.

Selski

Quote from: Cory The Great
Yah but technically its true that if there were an end of the world it would probably be within the next 100 year

Really? How so?  Who says?

Quote from: Cory The GreatAt one time I thought demons would kill us all.  But it seems that We will kill us all.

That's called growing up.  Welcome to the real world!  :-D

Sarah
We all find nonsenses to believe in; it's part of being alive.

Sentinal

People spend too much time worrying about the end of the world and not enough time trying to change it.

Sunn

this really annoys me..

I dont think the world has gotten any worse.. bad things happen all the time as well as countless goodthings..

its all the same.

only reason the world looks its in a states is because global news tends to focus on the bad things.. 

ParanoidAndroid

I think we have to look at life like this. All things come to an end at some point. With most things in nature we can make a prediction but never know exactly what nature holds.With weather predictions sometimes it is a little off, sometimes it is pretty close. It is hard to predict exactly what is going to happen because we can't. We have absolutely no control over it.

So what you should think about is if you look at the weather forecast for the next day, are you going to bring a raincoat? Or risk becoming ill because there was only a chance of showers that day?
I know dreams are important. I always wonder how I can use them to help myself.

Sentinal

Everybody always takes it as a given that the world is going to end, even if they don't belong to one of the religions that predicted it. The only thing they question is when, not if. Why? The writings are always cryptic, full of metaphors and symbols. The average person commonly gets confused by them and has no idea what they mean until some "authority" comes along and tells them. What if they are wrong?

If you must believe that the writing are valid to begin with, why not take it a different way. A warning of what might be if we do not change it. The more people that join in an effort to make the world a better place, rather than giving up on it, the closer we will come to that reality.

The future is not written, so make it a good one.

astraluminated

Vieuwing 2012 scientificly they say that earth will come in a very unusual alignment with the milky way galaxy. earth will reach some sort of central point in the milky way. Scientist have already discovered that the last 26 years there weird energys coming from out of space on this earth.

In de bible they speak of an apocalyptic ryder. And he will com with eleven destructive powers.
He will destroy the evil. But before he comes there is a time given to humanity to correct themselves, the ressurection time. for all of you to have your second birth, which is the true Kundalini awakening. which feels as a cool breeze on top of your head. It is the Holy Ghost. The earth is already moving towards higher frequenty rates but most humans can't feel this. Almost everybody feels nothing of the spiritual changes in the world.

Whe are nearing an end of a great great cycle. Atlantis was destroyed at the end of an great cycle, Imagine what the end of a great great cycle will be like
and krisna answered; Yes ascension is truly very very difficult for men, unless... Adi Shakti interferes.

Sunn

Quote from: astraluminated on September 16, 2006, 03:47:03
Vieuwing 2012 scientificly they say that earth will come in a very unusual alignment with the milky way galaxy. earth will reach some sort of central point in the milky way. Scientist have already discovered that the last 26 years there weird energys coming from out of space on this earth.

please provide a link supporting your views.

astraluminated

Well here is one,

http://alignment2012.com/whatisGA.htm
http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/esp_2012_03.htm

I don't think cnn tell this kind of stuff to the public. Whe all know that iff this was told by the governments to the public, it would be a bit of a chaos wouldn't it.
and krisna answered; Yes ascension is truly very very difficult for men, unless... Adi Shakti interferes.

Sentinal

Nobody knows exactly when or where Atlantis was, so how can you say it was related to any cycle?

I have heard many predictions of disaster based on astronomical alignments. They always say it is different this time. None have ever come true. 

astraluminated

because atlantis was destroyed at the end of such a cycle, and they say atlantis was a continent in the atlantic ocean. they even found some weird peramids on the bottom of the sea.

Sentinal

Who is "they"? Do you have a link to the documentation on this?

Mitch

QuoteSince 1987, the vibratory rate (Earth's 'Schumann Resonance frequency' of 7.83 Hz) has been on the rise after a very long period of stability, and it's heading for a multidimensional PEAK around 2012. (14 Hz peak) The Mayan calendar, with it's most incredible accuracy, pin points 2012 as the end of a grand cycle of energy for Humans and ALL life in this dimension. The veil lifts between our world and "their" world by 2012. Human DNA is RE-evolving back into it's original form against the will of those in power. Other ETs who live amongst us right now are also mixing their DNA into our own to resist this shift in paradigm as they fear losing control of Humans in general.

Found this.

Doringo

So we're becoming cavemen again? Fantastic.  :|

I'm adopting a "wait and see" attitude on 2012. In other words, I'll keep an eye on things but I won't freak out about it and I won't totally ignore it.
All men are equal in death.

Mitch

I meant original form as in two different types of beings who combined their DNA to create Humans, basically as slaves. They were the 'Anunnaki' and the 'Ancient Ones'.

So, I guess we're going back to how we originally were, not cavemen. I don't see how we're different now though than then. Unless they think we've interbred with many aliens, not we're all mixed up.

I don't even believe this anyway, just posting for those who may. I think some of it seems believable, but alot isn't.

the_earth_inherit

I remember when that book came out: 88 reasons the world will end in 1988, we came into class and the teachers had all written "WORLD ENDS TODAY: 2pm" on their blackboards.

And then, right before two, the time the book said the world was supposed to end, they called a fire drill and marched us out into the school yard. We all stood around in the field looking up at the sky.

Then, when we weren't all exploded in a big fire ball, the teachers lead us back into class.

It was a Christian school, but I think they were half joking.

Mitch

Quote from: the_earth_inherit on September 24, 2006, 07:26:52
I remember when that book came out: 88 reasons the world will end in 1988, we came into class and the teachers had all written "WORLD ENDS TODAY: 2pm" on their blackboards.

And then, right before two, the time the book said the world was supposed to end, they called a fire drill and marched us out into the school yard. We all stood around in the field looking up at the sky.

Then, when we weren't all exploded in a big fire ball, the teachers lead us back into class.

It was a Christian school, but I think they were half joking.

Hah.
I remember that, but the reasons weren't as solid as the ones for 2012...