2012 - End of the world as we know it - ???

Previous topic - Next topic

Sharpe

Heh, this is pretty funny  :lol:.
The world wouldn't just cease to exist after 4 and a half billion years of existence  :roll:, it's just so funny how people don't "want" this to happen, however they talk like they do want it to happen... strange?
The real fact is:

Yes... we are just halfway there, so no DNA-destroying bacteria's or big-bangs anytime soon :)

Nay

LOL!  We still talking about 2012?  According to Sylvia Brown we should have Alien contact by 2010...  Do you think it's them that kills us off?  :lol:

Cory The Great

...Sarah or whatever didnt really read your name sorry lol. But the reason I say 100 years is just because of the way we treat our planet and all the third world countries... Korea *cough* that are getting weapons that can destroy our planet.  And when I said that I used to believe demons would end us you didnt have to be a jerk about it I was already trying to poke around the point that I had grown up.
Death really is the High cost of living.

Selski

Hi Cory

I would wager that every generation thinks the world won't last the next 100 years.  Can you imagine what it was like when the plague was rife?  We lost a ridiculous amount of human life during that episode - the ones who survived must have thought it was the end.

We do treat our planet very shoddily, I agree.  However, our planet has a habit of slapping us in the face every so often and reminding us who is boss.  :-) 

I think it's very hard to imagine the world in 100 years time, let alone 1000 years.  That's one of the reasons we find it easier to think it/we won't survive.  Just my opinion.  I personally think we'll go on and on like some "common cold virus" that Mother Earth can't shift.  Poor thing.

I apologise if I offended you with my growing up comment - I was simply adding a little humour to the post - I do it a lot.  The smiley face at the end of the sentence was a giveaway that I wasn't being offensive - at least I hope it didn't appear that way to most people.  Any offence was totally unintentional. 

Sarah
We all find nonsenses to believe in; it's part of being alive.

Awakened_Mind

For starters the Mayan calendar actually ends October 28th 2011. Not 2012.

To begin with, the process relates to an evolution in consciousness.

To say that the Mayan calendar is just another minority prophercising the end of the world is useless. If you read into heavily into the issue it will be certain that whether you agree with it or not, it's simply something that cannot be ignored.

Too many points in history have occured as calculated with the calender to be regarded as coincidence. In history, the movement of fish to land, monkeys. The introduction of the concept of family. That is a big revolution in consciousness. Then concepts of tribes, then culture, then a nation. Egypt was the first nation. Then such revolutionary figures in human history, Jesus Einstein. They all coincide with periods of time in the Mayan calendar where a shift in consciousness is to occur. The thing to notice is regardless of the Mayan calendar, there has been an undeniable acceleration in the evolution of consciousness.

We are said to be currently in the second last stage of evolution. "Galactic cycle". The Mayan's just plotted the shifts in consciouness they had no need for oppinions on the topic because it was their realilty as our sky is blue. I have heard that we are in a stage of ethics. Starting 24th November 2006 until 18th November 2007, we are supposed to see a great increase in unrest about the abuse of power. Most noticeably aimed at governments and maybe/perhaps some natural disasters. The next and final stage before the calendar ends is known as "co-creation". If you have been monitoring quantam physics it's easy to see the foundation that is being layed.

It is not the end of the world, it's the end of the world as we know it. It was once common sense that the world was flat. That the earth was the centre of the universe. The way these people knew the world ended. The worlds not going to explode so relax.

The Mayan civilization was the inventor of our calendar as well. It was precise to 8 seconds. They only used it for tax purposes though. Then we adopted it.

For those of you with a high speed internet connection I recommend watching these lectures. They are about 2 hours each but you'll have a deeper understanding of the Mayan conundrum and 2011. If you find it boring don't watch it. There are three parts. Enjoy.

Part 1:
http://video.google.com.au/videoplay?docid=-6681910439634411366&q=%22secrets+of+the+mayan+calendar%22

Part 2:
http://video.google.com.au/videoplay?docid=556117542011883927&q=%22secrets+of+the+mayan+calendar%22

Part 3:
http://video.google.com.au/videoplay?docid=-3348185130449329723&q=%22secrets+of+the+mayan+calendar%22

-Awakened_Mind
Truth exists beyond the dimension of thought.

Selski

Quote from: Awakened_Mind on September 27, 2006, 14:01:36
it was their realilty as our sky is blue

Hi Awakened Mind

I seriously don't want to nitpick.  Your post is intelligent and warrants investigation.  However the above comment is rather telling as to how we, as humans, assume/presume/come to conclusions about things.

The sky is blue.

The sky is many many different colours of the spectrum and can be called no one such colour.  I've seen it grey, white, purple, red, orange etc etc etc.

I'm not trying to knock your post (honestly), but I thought it was interesting that you used the colour of the sky as an example of what was reality.  Surely you realise that reality for one person is a different reality for another.  How about I ring a friend in Australia and tell them how beautiful the sun in the sky is outside.  They look outside and see the moon.  Do they suppose that the moon is the sun?  I'm being playful here, but I trust you understanding my meaning.

:-) :-) :-) :-)  I'm hoping these smileys mean you won't take offence.

However, I am only part being humorous - there is a serious side to it.

Sarah

Selski

And I can't believe I'm getting involved in a 2012 thread...

(this should make Nay laugh!)  :-D 

Sarah

Nay

LOL.. yeah, I did chuckle!  I'll give you a Karma.  :-D

Selski

Awakened_Mind

No offence taken.

There is an old Zen teaching. It starts with a man pointing to the nights sky with his student next to him. The student asks "What are you pointing at?" To which the man replies "Do not focus on the finger, or you will miss the glory above." Basically I'm trying to get a point across. Don't stare at the finger (it was their realilty as our sky is blue). I just don't want people, whether the 2011 theory is correct or not to go into a panick of fear. I was trying to explaing there will be no end of the world. Just a significant change enough to be called the end of the world. A new age of thinking, which is inevitable.

Personally, I never find it as easy to understand something as I do to questions someones meaning. Humans can find away to debate things, or understand them.

-Awakened_Mind

Sentinal

Why is it that people think that someone who lived thousands of years ago knew more about what is ahead of us than we do? They used to think the sun went around the earth. We know that is wrong. Why should we believe a Mayan calendar has any significance? It was put together using a faulty model of the solar system. We have already been through this when our own calendar hit a significant event. Other than a few minor computer bugs, nothing happened.

The only historical mention of Atlantis was by Plato and he said it was 9000 years before him. He was just a man, people get stories and facts confused all the time. There are no other historical records than mention it and it has never been found nor has it's existence been proved. How can anyone say it ended on any particular cycle when we don't know when, where or if it was destroyed?

Awakened_Mind

Quote from: Sentinal on September 28, 2006, 19:31:14
Why is it that people think that someone who lived thousands of years ago knew more about what is ahead of us than we do? They used to think the sun went around the earth. We know that is wrong. Why should we believe a Mayan calendar has any significance? It was put together using a faulty model of the solar system. We have already been through this when our own calendar hit a significant event. Other than a few minor computer bugs, nothing happened.

The only historical mention of Atlantis was by Plato and he said it was 9000 years before him. He was just a man, people get stories and facts confused all the time. There are no other historical records than mention it and it has never been found nor has it's existence been proved. How can anyone say it ended on any particular cycle when we don't know when, where or if it was destroyed?

As I mentioned earlier the Mayans developed our calendar to within 8 seconds. That is the most precise any civilisation has come. As also mentioned they only used it for tax purposes.  The Mayan calendar never said anything about the world being flat or the millenium bug. These are facts. They actually used more than one calendar.

"It was put together using a faulty model of the solar system." <--- Are you serious? Science actually applauds the level of precision the Mayans were able to attain. They were calculating the movements of our GALAXY not just our solar system.

What baffles archaelogists the most like Ian says in the lectures is "what the hell small little indian men making pots in the bush were doing with numbers as large as 16.4 billion."

IMO, the most accurate calendar designed from a whole civilisation that were "experts" in the area, is the most credible. Regardless of time. As for whether the world is going to "end" or experience significant change I definately understand your skepticism. I am the same. The theories of the world ending were created by us, not the Mayans. The just created the timeline. We'll see what happens over the next few years. Time answers all questions.

I have nothing on Atlantis, never read into it.

-Awakened_Mind

Pasco

Quote from: Awakened_Mind on September 29, 2006, 00:13:47
What baffles archaelogists the most like Ian says in the lectures is "what the hell small little indian men making pots in the bush were doing with numbers as large as 16.4 billion."

I bet they were eating the local psychedelics and wanted to pass the time.

:wink:

Woah

Maybe the Mayan responsible for writing the calendars said screw this, I won't be alive then anyway, and just stopped making them at 2012.

:) Just kidding, the Mayans were incredibly smart, 2012 must be something huge, or at least they thought so.
Them being smarter gave them a large advantage, but they didn't have the technology we have today, and we still don't know exactly what will happen.
Whatever will happen, there's not much we can do about it, so we should just be better people, live our lives normally until then, and try not to get anyone upset or scared because of this.

baodur

well i don't know why do you even bother with this. first : it's way in the future why don't you try living in the present you might like it :-D. second: you don't know what will happen and can't make a difference really so why waste your mind on such things. just a thought   :-D

Adrian

Hello,

Quote from: Woah on October 01, 2006, 20:41:47
Maybe the Mayan responsible for writing the calendars said screw this, I won't be alive then anyway, and just stopped making them at 2012.

:) Just kidding, the Mayans were incredibly smart, 2012 must be something huge, or at least they thought so.
Them being smarter gave them a large advantage, but they didn't have the technology we have today, and we still don't know exactly what will happen.
Whatever will happen, there's not much we can do about it, so we should just be better people, live our lives normally until then, and try not to get anyone upset or scared because of this.

The Mayan calendars are incredible feats of math that cannot even be replicated today. And above all they have proved to be accurate to the second.

Best regards,

Adrian.
https://ourultimatereality.com/
Vincit Omnia Veritas

Awakened_Mind

This change in consciousness is clear in todays world. Quantum physics is already steering towards that direction. There will be a revolution in consciousness in our lifetimes. Regardless of whether the Mayans are correct about timing or not. Seeings how as Adrian said, they have been so accurate in the past I am left with no other option in which to steer my viewpoint

-AM

Psionic

Quote from: Adrian on October 02, 2006, 18:46:40
Hello,

The Mayan calendars are incredible feats of math that cannot even be replicated today. And above all they have proved to be accurate to the second.

Best regards,

Adrian.

According to the information that I found at www.divinecosmos.com, it is possible the calendars were developed in part or in full by entities who call themselves Ra.

Ra as in Ra the Egyptian God. This information was channeled around 1981 and was published in a book called "Ra: The Law Of One" and the book is available on the website for free.

Anyway, this book talks about who Ra is, where Ra originates from, how they reached Earth, why they decided to help the Egyptians out, why the left the Egyptians alone to work with the South Americans (the Mayans) and their contribution to the  Atlantean civilization and why it went down under...

I personally feel that part of the info in the book is not accurate due to the channeling technique that was used.

Adrian

Hello Psionic,

Yes I am aware of the Ra materials.

I am personally extremely wary of any channeled material; there is no way of verifying who the communicators really are.

Considering many channelings are "imposters"; i.e. lower Astral beings desperate to communicate with humans, and appearing as anyone they need to be to do that, it is necessary to be extremely cautious.

That said, communications from genuinely evolved Beings are unmistakable for what they are; and there are same important ones.

I suppose the most famous channeler of Egyptian Beings was Aleister Crowley, and look where that led :) He thought he was a chosen one on a mission as well. These communicators generally trick the medium into believing they are chosen ones of some type.

You also need to look to see whether these organisations are sort of cult-like in any way.

The best, physical, tangible evidence we are receiving today are crop circles. They are real, you can visit them, walk around in them, see they cannot possibly be of terrestrial origin, especially since some of these extremely large and complex structures appear within 25 seconds in broad daylight, and they do contain messages, increasingly based around the Mayan calandars.

All we need to do now is decode it all.

Best regards,

Adrian.
https://ourultimatereality.com/
Vincit Omnia Veritas

RealmExplorer

Quote from: TalaNay on September 26, 2006, 17:18:59
LOL!  We still talking about 2012?  According to Sylvia Brown we should have Alien contact by 2010...  Do you think it's them that kills us off?  :lol:

IF there are sentient species out there and IF they contact us, who's to say that they wouldn't want humans to worship them as gods? Should a sentient being worship another sentient being?

Alaskans

Re-evaluate the meaning of 'the end of the world'. People dont have long enough attention spans to know the end of the world if it was happening all around them. If it cant be reported (in total) in a 30 minute broadcast then to them the end of the world didnt happen. To me the end of the world has already happened, it started some time between now and 300ad, and is DEFINATLY in effect now, if you had looked at the term 'end of the world' and said the world being flipped on its butt, then the end has already come. That being said I do believe something is coming, the Mayans and Aztecs were very precise and mystical people, their other predictions came true and I think this one will too. If we will even see or recognize the event is another question. The end has happened, the only thing left is a total change in global thought, this may mean massive destruction so the world and it's people will be reborn to the original pure state. Judging by how difficult it is nowdays to be saved and how off society is from the true path, something has to give in order to re-establish the perpose of the physical world.
Not to mention, I dont know about you but I've noticed a major stirring of the energies, every block seems to have a haunted house. I think the strangest thing happening nowdays is terrorists creating dark energy without gaining anything material. Think about it, when has that happened EVER. When has an organization blown up a playground full of children for no gain, in all of recorded history? It's not a physical war thats raging across the globe, it's a spiritual one. To me, this is the end of the world, if there is an apocalypse in the annihilation sense of the word, it will be a victory for Light, so do not fear.
Every single person is an enigma of wonder waiting patiently to be realized.

Scoff if you want; soon we will be leading the race to new heights and you will wish you had followed us in our search for truth.

bjb1234

I watched a show on Discovery channel about prophesy they mentioned the Mayans...  And its amazing how accurate the Mayans have been with all of there predictions!!!!

As for the end of the era prediction, is it a coincidence that several cultures scattered around the world predicted the exact same date? And that date is the date the earth crosses over centre of the galaxy (something only happens every 16,000 years or something)??

I dont think the world will end, i believe the theories about it been a new era, a new cycle, maybe something bad will happen (regardless of 2012 if you look at global politics right now and global warming).  Maybe the next step will be meetin life forms from other planets? who will help us spiritually?  Maybe the bible is partly correct maybe jesus will return to educate us from our currently spiritually ignorant materialistic ways.

Who knows, but i dont think the world will be destroyed on the exact date, altho scientists say its possible a polar shift could happen (so the north and south pole shift) They just dont know if it will happen, but if it does... Bad times

Anyway enjoy your live develop spiritually dont let people bash on your beliefs, especially ignorant people, there just not worth it.

Old Dood

then there is this site: http://www.howtosurvive2012.com/htm/home.htm
By: Patrick Geryl

(I posted this also in another thread BTW)
Time will Tell...
MY SPECIAL PURPOSE

Doringo

So America and Europe have a very low chance of surviving the pole shift. This is the place where most people will be reading this from, and this information is provided with a slight nudge in the direction of investing in their South African property.

How convenient.
All men are equal in death.

morning_star

whats going to happen is that our planet's grid is going to be realigned to the correct way. the end. :) also accompanied by much turmoil and chaos. of course someone will emerge to offer hope, and then most everyone will be ok. except the greedy people who are transfixed with material gain. :D all i can say is to hope for the best and enjoy the ride. it should be interesting.