News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Afterthought: 2012

Previous topic - Next topic

alexd

2012 is probably one of the most noted dates (it may be even more anticipated than the year 2000). There are thousands of web pages about what will happen in 2012 and at the end of the Mayan calendar. Many information sources agree on the key information, with only minor differentiations. The common suggestion is that humanity will ascend to a higher level of consciousness leading up to that time. Now I'm not sure what to make of it because the information is quite relevant to today's times and is spread across a wide variety of sources, some of them quite good.

Recently I considered that the idea might be just another prophecy, and everybody is falling for it like Y2K proceeding the year 2000. But then I had an interesting thought. We reside in a thought-motivated reality. That is to say that our direction of thinking has shaped our reality over time. Many people are already aware of this. Many spiritualists also know that thoughts exist outside of self, in an independent block of energy. I had considered if everyone were to think a certain way reality would change in that way and it probably would. It is interesting to consider that even if there is no actual truth to any of the pertaining 2012 theories how much anticipation has been built around that time.

There is a mass of people who are anticipating a major shift in reality around 2012. If we can make reality happen by thought-power then it may be very well true that we can collectively make 2012 happen. This is quite ironical but it makes sense. There may be no prophecy for us as a human race, there may be no divine plan, but in unity we may be our own saviour and ascend into the new realms of reality by our own aspiration to do so.

Alex
I want to be in the energy, not with the enemy
A place for my head

Gandalf

2012 is probably one of the most noted dates (it may be even more anticipated than the year 2000). There are thousands of web pages about what will happen in 2012 and at the end of the Mayan calendar. Many information sources agree on the key information, with only minor differentiations.

That's not really suprising, as they all copy each other and regurgitate the same info.
btw its not really 'more anticipated than 2000'. 2000 was *far more known about* due to the majority of christian fundamentalists who thought it meant the end of the world. The same idea went around at the turn of the year 1000. Will these people never learn?
Other gullables followed them as well, although there were already stories going around about '2012' due to a fundamental misunderstanding of the Mayan Calender, which is peddled by irresponsible book authors and dodgy websites, but for the most part, people were fixated on 2000, and of course nothing happened. 2012 obsessives should take note.

As for the theory that people believing in 2012 might make it happen, well a lot of people believed in 2000 but it didnt make the world go bang in 2000 and substantially LESS people are aware of 2012; even if it is widely publisised, there is absolutely NO way that 2012 holds the same interest or psychological impact as the round date 2000; this date was ingrained on (christian) minds subconsiously and yet didnt result in diddly squat, certainly not the 'apocalypse' and the coming of jesus like the nutters were hoping for.

Recently I considered that the idea might be just another prophecy, and everybody is falling for it like Y2K proceeding the year 2000.

erm.... I kind of thought that was obvious!

The Mayan calender is an agricultural calender based on an astronomical system.. its FULL of cylces and renewal dates, they happen all the time and none of them mean 'awareness shifts' and end of the world scenarios. it simply the end of one computation cycle and the start of another. 2012 represents the end of a long dating cycle and the start of another. The whole 2012 myth is just that... nonsense!
I'm sorry apocalypse obsessives were disapointed that their mad visions were not fulfilled in 2000, but they better get used to it, because they're in for another disapointment in 2012. however, by then the 'big date' will already have moved off to some other time.

In fact i have already seen this process begin early, with some people moving towards yet other  dates.. and talking about 2016, 2025 etc etc.... ad infinitum ad nausium!
Doug
"It is to Scotland that we look for our idea of civilisation." -- Voltaire.

Telos

Every time I see the number "2012" I now get very sick. It is sad to see so many people looking towards the future for salvation or apogee or whatever. They should be looking at themselves now. Everyone could 2012 themselves now if they wanted to, by critically participating in their dreams. So, to answer your question Alex, I do not think there will be a 2012 in principle as long as people look to the stars, the Mayans, authors, or any other false God for their reward. (Indeed, the Judeo-Christian God, who pioneered the notion of a false God, may itself be worshipped as a false God).

But maybe another reason I get sick is because, before I ever knew of 2012, I asked a magic 8-ball a series of telescoping questions about when I would die. And it said 2012.

Oh, rapture! I'll be taken away with all the other freaks, further solidifying my status as a new age whacko. :(

[Edit: That was a joke, I don't actually believe that I will die in 2012. I doubt I will be that fortunate.]

[Another Edit: That was another joke.]

Gandalf

When I first heard of 'the rapture' I thought it was a joke.

When i heard you could by bumper stickers saying 'are you rapture-ready?', I began to despair for the sanity of the human species!  :wink:

Who would have believed you could have combined christian 'end time' beliefs with Star Trek? Only in America!

Doug

no_leaf_clover

QuoteThe Mayan calender is an agricultural calender based on an astronomical system

I'm curious as to what the positions of the sun in our galaxy have to do with agriculture. They had a yearly calendar, which is what farmers use today if I understand correctly. At least I've never heard of any farmers going by where the sun is in the galaxy, rather than where the Earth is around the Sun.

The date was not highly regarded by the Mayans for any practical material reason, but was important to their religious beliefs, thereby being of spiritual significance.

Why it is spiritually significant is not understood. I can understand being annoyed by certain claims that I'm not even going to mention for fear of being misunderstood in hasty responses, but that shouldn't be any reason to show an angry fist at the possibility of any meaning behind 2012, if even a symbolic one.
What is the sound of no leaves cloving?

Gandalf

No_leaf_clover:

I just checked and you are right about the calender not being connected with agriculture.

I stand corrected!

Doug

LordoftheBunnies

It would be interesting if there was some sort gradual psychic shift in the world which begins around 2012.  Even if the collective psychic ability of everyone on the planet only rose by 2%, that could be enough to make sweeping changes in society.

If it does happen, I doubt that it will be anything like what some have described though.  Don't expect some sort of final salvation, or the aliens to save us for all time and the whole world to move into the astral plane.  And don't get your hopes up.  If society or the world did begin to change, it could in the beginning be puncuated by a very violent period of upheaval, which wouldn't be particularily fun.

Orchild

People indeed should be more looking in themselves, rather then to 2012, but if you really wanna look at dates, 2009 will the date you need to set ur eye's on.. [edit]

I'll die 2011, i don't get sick.. do you think death is the end?? i don't

karnautrahl

Why 2009?

Actually why not roll some numerological dice and be done with it-lets see how many weird explanations for patterns found in future dates we can find :-). A prophecy for each one found...

Is that a cynic note I see I'm writing here....I think it could be.  I've drawn a line underneath all the date hype and hysteria-the line being the things I believe are just dumb.
May your [insert choice of deity/higher power etc here] guide you and not deceive you!

Orchild

then stop talking in the section for it if your not interrested in this matter whatsoever. [edit]

karnautrahl

Freedom of speech. It's about opinions on subjects is it not-so all points of view should be welcome-unless of course they are of personal inflamatory nature, of which mine are not or at least not intended to be. So I will not just do as I'm told and fold. I'm entitled as you are to express my opinion on the matter.
May your [insert choice of deity/higher power etc here] guide you and not deceive you!

Gandalf

Quite right. Members are reminded to adhere to a decent standard of courtesy when posting to the boards; its not that difficult to be polite, even when you disagree with someone.

Doug

redcatherine

thanx alex'd good thread

2012 hmmm -Houghtons late picked verdelho musings :

i am sure that

Western Australia will not be under water submerged completely  
with a few of us escaping to take refuge in the hills

the east coast of North America will not break up in earth quakes either

the wheat will not be separated from the chaff globally and biblically

the wheat folks won't disappear into another dimension altogether
invisible to the chaff folks either

California won't sink into the Pacific Ocean at least not in 2012 lol

Atlantis won't miraculously rise

all of humanity will not suddenly be taken up -everyone out of the pool !!

AND

life on earth will not suddenly end at least not then in 2012.....

With all this press can anyone take the shift seriously ?

BUT

will there be a shift of consciousness ?

will there be a slight elevation of awareness in the newborn generations ?

will the earth itself raise its energy and vibration ?

Gee I hope so

it may be a fairy tale

a dream

a wine soaked hope

but we supposedly have had several shifts of consciousness already
moving from a non verbal scavenger hominid
to a verbal tool making humanoid cave creature
to a art designing fire using metal making human
to an unaware spiritual human being that wars a lot
to a well -most- of- us -have -some -clue  human being

can we possibly make it into a new level ?

yes if we all work together and stop looking for the apocalypse
if we all see light instead of dark
have faith instead of fear

"imagine ....i wonder if you can ...a brotherhood of man "

it could happen ....

may it begin today in your heart and mine
and spread to our families and into our world

enlightenment is a process not a destination
2012 won't be the panacea the deadline or the ultimate test either

it is only a prophecy
but as one of a hope and a dream
to lift up the vibration and become more aware

yeah I'll dream it
manifest it
will it
become it

let us light the way for the next ones that are born
that is all that the next shift is meant to incur
not an apocalypse at all
this is the opposite
it is the treasure
Pandora's box was opened centuries ago
when all the plagues pestilence and perils escaped
what was left behind ?
HOPE
Love . Light  and Laughter
Aunt Clair

Wronski Feint

I just thought of somthing. Why are we concentrating just on the mayan calender. Im sure there are other ancient calenders that has marked an ending of somthing(a cycle, the universe what ever) before 2012.  of course everything is a cycle so the ending would have happened before. Where does the mayan calendar begin? If we find that out then we know approx. how long one cycle of existance is.  Just a thought.
"Come and See"
So I looked, and behold a dark angel.  And the name of him was Life, and Hell fell before him.
And power was given to him over the whole of the earth, to clense with mind, with sword, with light and by the love of the earth.

beavis

alexd
QuoteIf we can make reality happen by thought-power then it may be very well true that we can collectively make 2012 happen.

as well as we can get a rebellious child to do calculus

no_leaf_clover

Wronski,

I think they have the lengths of the cycles (or at least the basic ones and the one involving 2012) pinned down. The cycle involving 2012 is incredibly large but the exact number escapes me. It's on a link that's floating around here somewhere.

Frank

Hi:

I think karnautrahl is right to use the word dumb. Because it is just that, IMO.

For donkeys years, certain sections of society have claimed the world will end on some date or other. 2012 will simply come and go just like all the other dates simply came and went. Yet the same tired old excuses will be brought out yet again. And so another date will be decided upon, and that one will come and go; and so another date will be decided, and that will come and go; and so another, and another, and they'll all just come and go.

No, it's not merely dumb, it's a form of social insanity. Where numbers of people keep performing the same action while expecting a different result. Oh, but wait, this time is different... why? Because there are just so many websites saying the same thing. Wow, that makes all the difference... ha ha ha ha.

You'd think they would get bored of playing the same record over and over and over. But perhaps that is all they have in their lives. It's a bit sad, I guess, that particular aspects of human society seek to translate their inner actions of social uncertainty, into the manifestation of  some kind of "doomsday" scenario.

Maybe doing that makes it easier for them to bear? Perhaps it's just another one of those natural therapies. Maybe the cure for social uncertainty is public humiliation?

Yours,
Frank

alexd

We live in interesting and uncertain times. I think the world will end soon at the rate we are going prophecy or no prophecy. The point is that we are living in a much different reality than the one which existed 100 or even 1000 years ago. The information age and the globalism which spread across the world in the last few decades has revolutionized the nature of how we perceive our reality. The shift has encouraged people to broaden their awareness on issues that hardly came into question previously. The cultural and religious boundaries have faded rapidly and we can no longer really have certainty in many of the things that we previously believed so blindly. The empty space left behind by the revolution in modern thinking will hopefully allow us to introduce not only spiritual ways of thinking but a whole shift towards spirituality. The information age has revolutionized how things co-exist in many respects. Hopefully we won't stop the search for truth here or even continue building higher building, smarter weapons or better consumer goods. Perhaps we will begin the journey inward and this may be the next revolution in consciousness. Maybe 2012 is a wake up call. Maybe if enough people realize the destiny of humanity and pour so much thought into making the 2012 consciousness shift a reality, then just maybe it might just be.

Alex
A place for my head

no_leaf_clover

What I think is dumb is living in times we are now and expecting absolutely nothing to happen in the next ten years. Global warming, political instabilities, mass extinction.. All of these things are going on, and unlike other periods of great change and revolution, our governments now have weapons that none of our known ancestors had. So if someone wants to step up, put the corrupt systems in their places, and start helping to ease the Earth's problems, they're going to have some serious issues with the systems holding those weapons. It hardly takes a prophet to realize something drastic is going to happen - and relatively soon.

Massive amounts of important coral are dying in the oceans. Three fourths of all animal species may be extinct in the coming decades because of global warming and man's destructive industries ( http://www.6thmassextinction.com/index.htm ). Unusual weather ( http://www.climatehotmap.org/ ) has been rampant over so much of the world that the UN has issued a strict warning ( http://www.commondreams.org/headlines03/0703-05.htm ) that we're heading in a bad direction, along with scientific study after scientific study that confirms this. Worst of all is that this can hardly be stopped now. Even if every nation cut back on its Co2 output beyond what Kyoto asks, the ozone will continue to deteriorate.

Let's all see how long we can ride all this out before it's painfully obvious that somebody's screwed up!

And just for the record this is the only date that I've ever actually believed to have some significance to it, even if nothing in particular happens on the exact date but just in the years around it. Bad things are going to go down in the next decade, Mayan Calendar or no Mayan Calendar.

Also just for the record, I don't have any social problems or 'uncertainties' as far as I know, either. I think that claim is a generalization greatly exaggerated to cover a large amount of people that it hardly applies to.

Maybe the people that constantly post on such topics to barrage such "prophecies" (if that's even the appropriate the term here) with their cynical views are simply trying to compensate for insecurities they have for their own future well-being with such obvious issues arising out of today's world. I say that knowing I have absolutely as much base as any other such claim made on either 'side' of the issue.

It's early in the morning and I may be a little groggy but all that still counts for something. When we look at what the world may be like in 2012 we hardly have to use our imaginations. It's right here in front of us, and it doesn't look pleasant.

alexd

Yes. And the only spark in the darkness of overshadowing degeneration of our global society is the revolution of the consciousness. We must stop with the sightless descent into superficial materialism and expand our awareness of a spiritual perception of reality; otherwise we may find ourselves as a race inevitably doomed. At the rate we are going now as a global society, we are going nowhere. A global transformation of thought is impending.

Alex
A place for my head

Frank

"At the rate we are going now as a global society, we are going nowhere."

Huh?

Our knowledge of the physical world now doubles, on average, every 8 years! How can you say "we are going nowhere"? Never in the history of our race have more people been so knowledgeable and informed, never has our technology been more advanced. Global Warming, pah, it's just a blip. No, not even that.

He he, how can we be all doomed? People talk about us being "wiped out". How can we be wiped out? That's just an extension of the very same limited thinking that causes people to think in terms of an eventual doomsday in the first place! Of course, it couldn't be that one of the first developments of the said consciousness shift, would be for a person to start thinking beyond such limited constructs as "doomsday" scenarios.

No, of course not, ha ha ha ha. That's just my cynicism. Yeah right, keep on taking the tablets guys!

People talk of a conciousness shift, which is all very well. There is such a shift taking place and has been for the past 100 years! It will begin to quicken within the next 20 years, and one discovery in particular will hasten the development of it rather quickly. The blueprints for the "shift" are held in Focus 4 of consciousness. Why not focus there and find out something real for a change? Rather than listening to all the regurgitated religious pap that passes for informed opinion. That kind of Dark Age crud may fool you guys, but it fools me not one iota... even less than that, in fact. What is less than an iota? Whatever it is, one of those, and less than it.

To the gloom and doom merchants, I'd like to say the world does not end in 2012. Year 2013 it's all business as usual. We'll all be living life and enjoying it, while you guys are grappling to think of another date to satisfy your morbid fantasies!

Yours,
Frank

alexd

Of course today new technology is manifesting in the world faster then ever before. New military technologies, new information technologies, new communications technologies and more are being introduced. But where are we going? Sure maybe we can have a 500GB mp3 player the size of a toothpick in 5 years time or a 70GHz laptop perhaps. But will that makes us any happier than we are today? What spiritual progress will this provide? None.

Civilizations thriving thousands of years ago probably had a much more advanced spiritual awareness and even lacked desire for such superficial progress that we desire today. When it appears we are progressing we are digging our own grave in a sense. Global warming cannot be overstated. Apart from that, constant wars and still active nuclear facilities are not helping the world progress. Every nation that has risen to supreme power (Babylon, Egypt, Rome ect.) has fallen. However this time we can not only expect the US to fall (and it WILL fall) but the aftershock will not be as sparring as in previous historical events. The world is so globalized that everything is connected on many levels. Once a major power falls every other nation can be sure to be dragged down too.

Has anyone had a close look at the regimes the US is now undertaking? The US is regressing at an unprecedented rate. We are now beginning to see Big Brother become a reality right in front of us. As a society, are we now on the road to liberation or suppression? Liberation is where we should be heading and is what a shift in consciousness will bring, but is it where we are heading at the moment? The singularity or the disintegration of time is not a prophecy, nor a theory, but a reality. It WILL occur in the next 20 to 30 years if nothing major happens in 2012. This independently will probably bring us to the next layer of consciousness as the third dimension naturally transcends the fourth.

I guess what I am really trying to say is that we are not living in a golden age. We never have been. No matter how hard or how fast we push the progress bar. No matter how much information and facts we stuff our brains with. Until we reach spiritual awareness on a global level our humanity will be no more advanced then it was 1000 years ago.

On a side note, I am trying to progress in energy work and meditation and hope to be able to get into the different focus levels, and I will try to experience Focus 4 to gain a better understanding. At this stage however, my ideas come purely from a historical and personal context.

Alex
A place for my head

Wronski Feint

I see some people talking about politacal and social unstability, and how much humans know.   I was under the impression that the end of the world will be a natural event.  Dont argue with me about it being religious because itll happen naturally.

So if its a natural event, i dont think what the state of our being is.  Nature dont care weather were at war or at peace, itll end when it wants to end and its kind of arrogant for humans to think we control it.  Were nothing to this planet but another speicies, were not special. Im not saying anybody has said were special, im just making a statment.
"Come and See"
So I looked, and behold a dark angel.  And the name of him was Life, and Hell fell before him.
And power was given to him over the whole of the earth, to clense with mind, with sword, with light and by the love of the earth.

Nostic

You know, all you can do is change yourself, and do what you can do to improve the situation. Seems to me that the cynics want to stay cynical, and the "believers" want to stay "believers". How much is anyone convincing anyone else to change their minds?
But besides that, I think it would be difficult for anyone to deny that the world is a complete and utter mess. The only question really then is, are you going to help make it better? Yes or no? And if yes, how?

UniOne

The time of  true judgment is at hand... You see... Humankind has always felt a vibe on thing yet to come...

I will say this much... the 144,000 are dying... you know one of them well...

Hollywood has overestimated the rapture a lot... It's not a spontaneous taking of believers, it is a death count of the 144,000 people who are purest of light...

When they die, the spiritual gates will flood open... and entities will be able to at last take presents in the physical plane once again... thus expanding the Light/Darkness war...

As a member of the Balance, and as the legendary Uni-One, I urge you to cling to your faith... For the time of great judgment is close at hand....

Our 2000 years are up...