Can You Sense the Changes?

Previous topic - Next topic

no_leaf_clover

How many of you see dramatic changes taking place around the world right now?

Apparently the Mayan calendar's time periods are speeding up, each lasting shorter than the last now, until Dec 2012.

A couple days after the latest cycle started, the Japan earthquake occurred, and this situation with Libya,  not to mention all kinds of local events in my area (police officers being shot,  mall closed and surrounded by police and SWAT for what was suspected a gunman but later turned out to be an umbrella).  I'm starting to take this stuff TOO seriously, and I already believe in it!   :-D

Not that these are world-changing events on their own,  but it seems more excitement happens in a month now than used to happen in an entire year during the 1990s.

What about you guys though?  Seeing anything to confirm a "transition of the ages"?
What is the sound of no leaves cloving?

NoY

is it "the end of days" ? is it

:NoY:

Astral316

Conflict in the Middle East and natural disasters are nothing new to our lives, let alone planet Earth's existence.

Activity amongst the local population will increase it being the start of spring and all.

Like Carl Sagan said... extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Xanth

Typically... I don't really see anything that wasn't already happening or has happened.
We're only more directly available to the information so it just seems like all of his is "just happening" now.

Media...

CFTraveler

The transition happened the day before yesterday, and nobody noticed.

daytona955

I agree with Xanth. We're living in a world subject to media and information overload.

Aramar

Just wanted to say that we are far off topic i think. But if not, and its just me, i'll add that it may be normal for these events like trouble in the east and japan's tsunami/earthquake....but there is a saying: History tends to repeat itself. If what happened to the civilizations of the past due to the transition of the ages/equinoxes then its bound to happen again....don't know when. don't know how. but it will happen. be it from this 2012 thing, or some unknown factor that everyone is oblivious to at the moment. Who is to say for certain, until it happens.

Nomesb69

Quote from: CFTraveler on March 22, 2011, 10:24:45
The transition happened the day before yesterday, and nobody noticed.

I am not sure what you meant by this or if you were even serious but... Day before yesterday when you post this I was off. I woke up and started walking down the hall way and I felt sideways. Like i was in a Fun house. If I turned real quick I felt slow motion movement. It also felt like I was walking on marshmallows. I just kept saying to my self I just feel wrong today, later that night the whole feeling went away.

Stillwater

But that is only one account- did everyone feel that way?

Perhaps you had too much to drink a day back, or had mild food-poisoning, or, even more likely, you had very poor circulation when you woke up, and oxygen was slow in getting to your brain as a result.

I am not poking fun, don't mistake me- just saying that it is difficult to extrapolate global changes from singular personal experiences. Now if everyone was reporting symptoms that day, that is something. If it is only people involved in sites like this, claiming heightened psychic connectedness, you can't take that at face value, since you have potenial confirmation bias with people who are aware of the idea beforehand. It is really very difficult to prove anything that way in a responsible manner.
"The Gardener is but a dream of the Garden."

-Unattributed Zen monastic

Timandra

I thought this was quite funny. http://www.deviantart.com/#/d3cqken
Some things have to be believed to be seen ~ Ralph Hodgson

personalreality

That's the hard part about noticing great changes in reality.  Even if something were changing exceedingly fast in geological terms, it's still usually taking longer than one generation.  Either way, we have only been alive for this generation, we have no frame of reference by which to compare the rate of "changes" or even the "changes" themselves. 
be awesome.

Stookie

It's good to sense changes because everything is in a constant state of flux. It means your perception is working properly. When things seem to stay the same, the world's passing you by.

Stillwater

QuoteI thought this was quite funny. http://www.deviantart.com/#/d3cqken

Clever. I read it in order, so I was like, " Why are they making me read this upside down! :lol:

Timandra

Quote from: Stillwater on April 05, 2011, 18:48:08
Clever. I read it in order, so I was like, " Why are they making me read this upside down! :lol:

Yeah, I almost pulled a muscle in my neck, reading it.  :-D
Some things have to be believed to be seen ~ Ralph Hodgson

mon9999

Quote from: Xanth on March 22, 2011, 09:40:12
Typically... I don't really see anything that wasn't already happening or has happened.
We're only more directly available to the information so it just seems like all of his is "just happening" now.

Media...

yes but there is a twist, according to seismologists the earthquakes nowadays are more stronger than the past with closer time between earthquakes.
and why do you think global economic breakdown, global warming and extreme weather changes, this earthquakes and tsunamis are all happening simultaneously now, now that we are near to the mayan prophecy.

CFTraveler

Well, if you ask me, I'd say that the economic/social things that are happening are manufactured, that is, made to happen on purpose by people who think that it's in their best interests to make it happen.  I think they're wrong, and they'll be the first ones to be sorry, but you can't argue with fanaticism.

Stillwater

QuoteWell, if you ask me, I'd say that the economic/social things that are happening are manufactured, that is, made to happen on purpose by people who think that it's in their best interests to make it happen.

Hmm. What do you have in mind when you say that? People like George Soros, who vow to shape world-economies through speculation/artificial surplus and scarcity, etc, or people like Goldman Sachs executives manipulating the credit and banking markets, or the people in charge of controlling interest rates at The Fed, maybe?

CFTraveler

Quote from: Stillwater on April 10, 2011, 14:00:18
Hmm. What do you have in mind when you say that? People like George Soros, who vow to shape world-economies through speculation/artificial surplus and scarcity, etc, or people like Goldman Sachs executives manipulating the credit and banking markets, or the people in charge of controlling interest rates at The Fed, maybe?
I don't exactly know- I think you know I don't like to give conspiracy theories power, but the way the markets have been manipulated to bottom out seem deliberate to me, and the way we see many different things happening at the same time seem manipulated to me.  And if you look at the mechanism behind the stuff that is happening- the mechanism itself seems driven by people of a certain economic 'belief' system- the same people that have made these things happen are the people that are seeding discontent amongst the general populace.
So you take a manipulation of the economy- make as many poor people as possible, take away funding for education- the first thing that goes away, and then foster discontent, not agains the ones that are making this happen but against the people that are trying to stop it- and you got yourself a great climate for sudden revolt- which will be swiftly put down, and whatever liberties people may have had, will go away all at once.
Who benefits?  Not 'the people'.  Who's behind it?  Not sure, but there seems to be a group behind other groups making this happen.
Neo-Machiavellianism.  (A term I just coined, as I haven't seen it anywhere else.)

kailaurius

Quote from: CFTraveler on April 10, 2011, 14:07:40
I don't exactly know- I think you know I don't like to give conspiracy theories power, but the way the markets have been manipulated to bottom out seem deliberate to me, and the way we see many different things happening at the same time seem manipulated to me.  And if you look at the mechanism behind the stuff that is happening- the mechanism itself seems driven by people of a certain economic 'belief' system- the same people that have made these things happen are the people that are seeding discontent amongst the general populace.
So you take a manipulation of the economy- make as many poor people as possible, take away funding for education- the first thing that goes away, and then foster discontent, not agains the ones that are making this happen but against the people that are trying to stop it- and you got yourself a great climate for sudden revolt- which will be swiftly put down, and whatever liberties people may have had, will go away all at once.
Who benefits?  Not 'the people'.  Who's behind it?  Not sure, but there seems to be a group behind other groups making this happen.
Neo-Machiavellianism.  (A term I just coined, as I haven't seen it anywhere else.)

Is this a problem?

Would you like to know who is truly behind it all?

Stillwater

QuoteI don't exactly know- I think you know I don't like to give conspiracy theories power, but the way the markets have been manipulated to bottom out seem deliberate to me, and the way we see many different things happening at the same time seem manipulated to me.  And if you look at the mechanism behind the stuff that is happening- the mechanism itself seems driven by people of a certain economic 'belief' system- the same people that have made these things happen are the people that are seeding discontent amongst the general populace.

A lot of vagueness there, lol, but yeah... it really does make you wonder sometimes how far Mr. Big pulling the strings is able to extend corporate influence, and exactly how far and to what scope his plans extend. I mean does he want to drive out competition in his sector of the banking market, or does he want to change the socio-economic structure of the country? Maybe he even has an ideological agenda complete with beliefs about what sort of society he wants to create, and what sort of people he wants to populate it.

But are you saying that the massive unemployment, even following economic upturns, was the intended result? It makes total sense to me that a shadow nobility might want to redistribute wealth in some way, but when a large number of people aren't working at all, it reduces the eficiency of the entire system, and generates less wealth for everyone, top included- it does not seem like that would be an industrialist's intention.

I am not sure about revolt though... in the U.S. at least, things would need to get downright abysmal for people to take arms; a number of factors are working against a revolt, such a general social apathy, collective fear of the might of the U.S. military complex, and a diffusion of responsibility ( you can't really point to one particular person or group and say they are the culprits anymore- can't say the president did it alone, or the wealthy business owners, or the Green party, or Walmart- it is a group effort, but it is hard to blame anyone in particular). The terrible and bloody effort that it would take, and the real uncertainty about what would come after are major impediments to anything like a revolt even being considered.

But what are you saying you see in all this? Are you suggesting that someone is engineering a 1984-style fascist transition? And what do you mean when you say there is a group behind the other groups? What clues did you connect that leads you to think this? I am definitely not saying I dis-believe it, but rather that I want to pin down where you are coming from with this, and why you think it.

CFTraveler

Quoteyou can't really point to one particular person or group and say they are the culprits anymore- can't say the president did it alone, or the wealthy business owners, or the Green party, or Walmart- it is a group effort, but it is hard to blame anyone in particular).
I know, and that is my problem.  If it is a coincidence it's a helluva coincidence- yet all these things are converging to something.  Or so it seems to me.

QuoteBut what are you saying you see in all this? Are you suggesting that someone is engineering a 1984-style fascist transition?
Yes, that is what it seems like to me.

QuoteWhat clues did you connect that leads you to think this? I am definitely not saying I dis-believe it, but rather that I want to pin down where you are coming from with this, and why you think it.
I don't have any clues- I don't even have a specific sector in mind- I just see a lot of different things happening at the same time that point to something that seems specific to me.
Maybe (and with some time) I can put together a bunch of things that have caught my eye and are getting me to lean more to the 'conspiracy' type of thinking.

And no, kailarious, I don't believe in illuminati or reptilian theories, for various reasons that are beyond the scope of what I'm trying to convey.
----

kailaurius

Quote from: CFTraveler on April 10, 2011, 21:34:55
And no, kailarious, I don't believe in illuminati or reptilian theories, for various reasons that are beyond the scope of what I'm trying to convey.
----

Ahh cool.  8-)  But I wasn't referring to them.  I don't have any interest in them either.  :wink:

CFTraveler

Quote from: kailaurius on April 10, 2011, 21:50:59
Ahh cool.  8-)  But I wasn't referring to them.  I don't have any interest in them either.  :wink:
Then by all means, I'd like to read what you have to write.

kailaurius

The short version - The ones who are behind it all are WE.

Now for the longer version:

The ones who have all the power, the ones who are responsible for all the so called "conspiracies" and "agendas" carried out by our institutions, the ones who are responsible for everything we experience... it is you, and it is me.  It is WE, the global society, the global collective consciousness.  This "system" that everyone keeps referring to all over the Internet is US.  We are the system.  In the overall sense, this current self-destructive system was formed out of our desire to satisfy the demands of our ego.  The entire global system that has enslaved society for many thousands of years now is a result of the collective false ego, so in essence the system is We The People of Earth.

All these institutions, that we continually voluntarily give our power to, and that we ourselves have formed out of necessity to keep the system going for the grand purpose of serving the demands of our ego, are nothing more than tools used by the system.  All of our institutions are not the ultimate "Powers That Be".  Groups such as:

The Bilderbergs
The Council on Foreign Relations
The Trilateral Commission
The International Monetary Fund
The Club of Rome
The Royal Family
The Federal Reserve
The International "Banksters"
The Vatican
Our governments
Our corporations
Our religions
And many more.

They are nothing more than tools to maintain the system and to ensure the system keeps going.  They are stewards of the system.  Actually, these groups are no different than the majority of individuals throughout society.  They are a grander version of us, who happens to hold the majority of the control - serving the system so that the system will continue to provide for them at the expense of all others and everything else.  The majority of society acts no differently than these elite organizations.  These groups are really just a personification of us, an outwardly manifestation of us.  These institutions are in a sense just another individual who craves creature comforts, instant gratification, to feel important, and to exalt itself above all others, all to serve the demands of the ego.  While they may have exclusive control of mainstream society, because we have given it to them, they do not exclusively hold the power.  The power ultimately belongs to the majority.  The ultimate outcome is determined by the collective consciousness, which also happens to include the individuals who run the institutions.

This is why protesting in the streets against our institutions have never solved any of our perceived problems, and they never will.  Whatever issues that appear to have been resolved through protesting was nothing more than throwing the dog a bone, but it's still the same system, and later there will be another issue and another issue and another.  This is why protesting still continues to this day.  Egypt is another fine example.  While they may have forced Mubarek out of the country and successfully implemented a regime change, it is still the same system, just in a different color.  After the people feel they have accomplished their goals through screaming and shaking their fists at their government, then it's "Okay party is over, now back to work!"  Years from now, if the current system is still going, they will probably be protesting something else.  And so the cycle continues.  There is no institution that can resolve our issues because they are not calling the shots.  We are the ones who ultimately determine how they will act and react.  Like the majority of individuals throughout society, our institutions, which include our governments, are disconnected from each other and society and therefore do not serve in the best interest of society.  Like the majority, their only interest is in serving themselves.  "Everybody wants to rule the world" - Tears For Fears (80's pop band).  Most of our institutions, especially those who know how the system works, want the people to protest because this validates for them that the people still perceive them to be in control, and all the institution has to do is spin a new solution while keeping the system intact in order to appease the masses for a time until the next revolt.  Protesting is also just another form of distraction from that which our institutions and especially the system itself fear the most, and that is the people throughout society turning to each other and reconnecting with each other and their communities, and then coming to the realization that we are the ones who are in power.

This is also another reason why it does not matter who holds the office of President of the United States, or any other country for that matter.  Even if there was a candidate who was elected into office with the best intentions imaginable for the benefit of society, there is nothing he can do because he is working within an organization that is an integral part of the system.  Leaders of institutions that are within and part of the system are there for only one reason, and that is to make sure that nothing changes.  It would have made no difference if McCain or any other candidate made president other than Obama.  We would still have the same system with the same agendas.

Now, with all that said, I would like to mention that there is absolutely nothing wrong with anything I have just mentioned above.  Anything and everything that we have formed into our experience we have done out of our own free will and completely by choice, whether conscious of it or not.  All of the conflicts that have arisen out of our disharmony with each other, nature and Universe through serving our own selfish, self serving wants and needs serve as opportunities for learning experiences we need to grow.  Everything always occurs exactly as it is intended.  All is perfect just as it is.  There is no reason to change anything based on what we perceive to be pleasant or unpleasant, right or wrong, for each individual has there own unique perceptions.  To force a change based on our desires is once again feeding the demands of our ego and only reinforces our perception of duality and creates more perceived disharmony and conflicts into our experience.  Again, everything is perfect just as it is.  Change is always constant anyway based on the influences of every individual combined into the collective consciousness.  If society wants to flow in peaceful harmony with each other, nature, and all life on this planet then the only change that one should focus on is the change within themselves, for no one can change anything that is perceived to be outside of themselves.  Ultimately, changing ourselves within is the only place where change can occur.  Everything else that occurs and manifests around us is a result of that change.

Once the global society realizes that we have the power, and once we reconnect with each other and begin to help and support one another, and that our purpose in life is to serve others before self, then this current self destructive system that has ruled society on this planet for many years will just fade away.

Community (Comm-Unity) is key! :-)

CFTraveler

I like this very much.  Thanks.